Compliments on the Phantom

People are mostly amped up about the new Mamba ship, and rightfully so, but I do want to express my appreciation and recognition of the work that went into the Krait Phantom. This could easily have been an "also ran" cut/paste job, and it isn't. The Phantom has a distinct look and identity all its own, while still clearly being a variant of the Krait MkII. This is the way to do ship variants. It doesn't look like a ship kit for the existing Krait, and I am grateful for that.

It also seems like it can reach about 67 LY jump range. I'm not a dedicated explorer player, but that's pretty good, right? Is the best out there around 75?

Looks nice. Seemingly more like the original Krait in mind with no-frills except for the distinctive antennae lasers (formerly), than the buffed Mk II version.

It also seems like it can reach about 67 LY jump range. I'm not a dedicated explorer player, but that's pretty good, right? Is the best out there around 75?

But with how much realistic exploration loudout? I see all sorts of claims for massive FSD jumps, but not when the ship is well equipped. (Maybe I take too much with me?)

If beta coriolis is to be believed then the Phantom can actually jump almost identical to the Asp X, so more like 70.6 lys:

https://beta.coriolis.edcd.io/outfi...AOEoUwIYHMA28QgIwV3fEQA==&bn=TOWARD THE STARS

An Anaconda worked over outfitted for exploration can get around 75lys and the DBX can do like 72lys, so the Phantom looks to be right up there with the best exploration ships in the game!

I love the way the ship looks, particularly the red cockpit. Looking very forward to getting my hands on it next week.

Not fond of variants but this seems like another medium mediocre ship to me.
It may have exploration potential but not much else.

People are mostly amped up about the new Mamba ship, and rightfully so, but I do want to express my appreciation and recognition of the work that went into the Krait Phantom.

the krait phantom is indeed interesting. and the sound! what i really would have loved would be a mamba 1/3 the size, even faster if possible, and with the sound of the phantom.

But with how much realistic exploration loudout? I see all sorts of claims for massive FSD jumps, but not when the ship is well equipped. (Maybe I take too much with me?)
Yeah, as the other poster brought up, my 67 LY wasn't actually even that extreme, it was based on the minimum I'd think to take with me.

Apparently that makes it a mediocre ship according to some, though!

If beta coriolis is to be believed then the Phantom can actually jump almost identical to the Asp X, so more like 70.6 lys:

https://beta.coriolis.edcd.io/outfi...AOEoUwIYHMA28QgIwV3fEQA==&bn=TOWARD THE STARS

An Anaconda worked over outfitted for exploration can get around 75lys and the DBX can do like 72lys, so the Phantom looks to be right up there with the best exploration ships in the game!

I love the way the ship looks, particularly the red cockpit. Looking very forward to getting my hands on it next week.

How much work is it to get the Guardian FSD Booster? I took one look at Guardian stuff when it first came out and have never looked back even once. Might have to change my view on that, though

How much work is it to get the Guardian FSD Booster? I took one look at Guardian stuff when it first came out and have never looked back even once. Might have to change my view on that, though

Not a huge amount of effort, but it's not exactly "fun".
Doing the puzzles takes about 10 minutes, depending on how many gadgets you want to unlock, and then you need to explode a whole heap of Guardian Sentinels for their scrap and do a bunch of obelisk scans.

Not entirely sure it's worth it for an exploration ship.
I mean, best-case scenario is that you crowbar a C5 GFSB into your AspX and get 70Ly out of it instead of 60Ly.

Of course, if you've already unlocked the Guardian stuff, and you've got a spare slot on your ship, it's a no-brainer to fit one.

TBH, it's more worthwhile unlocking the Guardian stuff for more mundane reasons.
The Guardian PPs and PDists come in handy as a stock stand-in for an engineered equivalent and the FSBs are useful for big, heavy ships.
The weapons and HRPs/MRPs are a bit "meh" IMO.

Coriolis can be all over the place, especially if engineering is involved. I would not put too much faith on those numbers.

Coriolis can be all over the place, especially if engineering is involved. I would not put too much faith on those numbers.

Not sure if they ever got around to fixing the Krait Mk2, so it seems unlikely that the data for a brand-new variant of it is going to be accurate.

Doing the puzzles takes about 10 minutes, depending on how many gadgets you want to unlock and then you need to explode a whole heap of Guardian Sentinels for their scrap and do a bunch of obelisk scans.

I mean, best-case scenario is that you crowbar a C5 GFSB into your AspX and get 70Ly out of it instead of 60Ly.

Of course, if you've already unlocked the Guardian stuff, and you've got a spare slot on your ship, it's a no-brainer to fit one.

TBH, it's more worthwhile unlocking the Guardian stuff for more mundane reasons.
The Guardian PPs and PDists come in handy as a stock stand-in for an engineered equivalent and the FSBs are useful for big, heavy ships.

Guardian modules really shine on ships that are weak on the stat that the module buffs, because they're additive. The shield booster on say a dbs goes really well, and the fsd booster on a viper.

Doing the puzzles takes about 10 minutes, depending on how many gadgets you want to unlock, and then you need to explode a whole heap of Guardian Sentinels for their scrap and do a bunch of obelisk scans.

The weapons and HRP's are great for Thargy hunting. The Large Shard Cannons are awesome. Gauss Cannon for long range attacks.

My DBX rolls 70 on a full tank. Will roll more after the update removes the scanner. 67 is mighty respectable.

The Anaconda can exceed 80 ly (mine is around 78). But yes, 67 ly is pleasant enough.

Top Bottom