Console accounts transfer to PC

I was expecting that they would bring us more than just credit transfers, otherwise there would be no reason to block a feature that was already available.

But I didn't expect at all that they would "clone" our accounts on pc and let us bring almost everything along.

They will let us continue our progresses of thousands of hours with not only the content that won't arrive on consoles, but also with VR possibility that didn't have on xbox either (not sure if th PS version was VR compatible).

ED in VR is just indescribable!
It will be amazing! There are just no words to express how much I wanna say thank you to ED staff!
😡😡😡😡😡😡

This is fantastic news! Thank you, FDev, for getting this sorted!

Now, for our next trick, we transition our third-party applications accounts (eg Inara, EDSM) from XB / PS to PC without losing any data!

This could be straightforward and seamless (and probably will be), or might not, we shall see.

Last edited:
Great news about the account transfer, I now only have three questions:

- It is said that players who choose to transfer will get a "free copy" of Horizons on PC. What platform? I only have a Steam account, for example. Will it be in the form of a Steam code, or Epic Games Store, or something else?

- In order to "validate" or "activate" or in any form, certify the transfer, will we need to actually log into our account on PC? I currently don't have a sufficient PC to play Elite on, and probably won't have one for quite some time.

- What happens after the "time limited" transfer period is closed? Console accounts are said to remain playable, but I have a feeling that it won't last long. Can we expect the console versions be shut down completely in the near future, and any account that isn't transferred will be lost forever?

- It is said that players who choose to transfer will get a "free copy" of Horizons on PC. What platform? I only have a Steam account, for example. Will it be in the form of a Steam code, or Epic Games Store, or something else?
it will likely be the standalone version directly from Frontier as if bought through the Frontier Store. That version is, since the change of the account linking structure on April 2019, not eligible for a Steam key.

- In order to "validate" or "activate" or in any form, certify the transfer, will we need to actually log into our account on PC? I currently don't have a sufficient PC to play Elite on, and probably won't have one for quite some time.
You will have to verify the account creation through your web browser. Validation or activation of an account through the launcher is not necessary and a first login can be postponed indefinitely. Please note that the Frontier Store version cannot be used through GeForce Now.

- What happens after the "time limited" transfer period is closed? Console accounts are said to remain playable, but I have a feeling that it won't last long. Can we expect the console versions be shut down completely in the near future, and any account that isn't transferred will be lost forever?
FDev has no plans to shut down the console versions. After the limited time period, transfers will no longer be available. However, once the method has been made available, another migration might become available in the eventual case that the console versions would be shut down.

Great news about the account transfer, I now only have three questions:

1. If they knew, they'd have included it in the description of what they were doing. But safe to assume probably steam!

2. Why would you need to do that? That's not how data works.

3. What the do you think "time limited" profile transfers means? It means the transfer is time limited not the game. Since FD has ceased all critical work on Console it takes next to nothing to keep the servers up since they effectively have to do nothing from now on. There's no reason to shut them down completely when they can still earn money despite it being a scam to do so.

Last edited:
No voy a empezar de nuevo. Te lo puedo garantizar. Yo tampoco... Morir
No voy a empezar de nuevo. Te lo puedo garantizar. No voy a empezar de nuevo. Te lo puedo garantizar. Jarra Seguire
No voy a empezar de nuevo. Te lo puedo garantizar. Yo tampoco volvere a empezar. Gracias

No voy a empezar de nuevo. Te lo puedo garantizar.
No voy a empezar de nuevo. Te lo puedo garantizar.

Top Bottom