Console Profile Transfers and 2022 Updates

I'm hoping I can have my existing PC (Steam account) deleted, so I can transfer my PS account to a new account within the same Steam/email.
I'm not making a new Steam account or email just for one game.

"If you no longer wish to use our Services, you can contact our support team and ask for your account to be deleted."

I'm hoping I can have my existing PC (Steam account) deleted, so I can transfer my PS account to a new account within the same Steam/email.
I'm not making a new Steam account or email just for one game.

"If you no longer wish to use our Services, you can contact our support team and ask for your account to be deleted."

I already have Steam and Epic Elite accounts, i wouldnt mind a plain Frontier account not tied to any game store :D
my XB account being the "main" too

That a pretty pathetic road map for what is a whole year worth of work. An then to only promised a overhaul of a feature some time 2023. That road map needed a lot more meat, especially after months of telling the community of what you won't be doing, we need to hear what you are going to be doing . How about we hear from the new lead game designer so he can tell us about his ideas for the game. Frontier need to seize back the narrative from the doom Sayers and this isn't how you do it.

@Dutchman141 I'll agree with you. I feel just slightly...disappointment. And due to it, that console is my main platform for play, not steam or epic, so I don't wanna buy two times same game, due to weak PC.

So sorry, but I still stay on console version. Two weeks for someone with FC, which actively working for factions (and commodities on carrier is still needed) is too much, especially if that person works on systems, which must still keep faction influence up, to not lock on conflict state.
Or again, if someone used his carrier, to store rare mined commodities like Painite or Musgravites, then all commodities in FC, which have above ship cargo capacity will be permanently lost. Say it to someone, who likes mining.

So again, I'll stay here (in console) until it will be not stabilise this situation. After that, then maybe.

If I was a console commander, I'd would be questioning my desire to return after taking a look at that roadmap...

As a PC commander, the road map is disappointing to say the least, as there will be no appreciable content released until early 2023 (the nature of which is mostly unknown). This feels like 2019 all over again, this time without the promise of a "new era" or giant expansion on the horizon.

While the game is not dead, it doesn't seem alive either, and it seems like it can go either way here. I can only hope that the narrative aspect of the rest of the year can keep the player base interested.

I will be popping back into the game from time to time to see what's what.
2023 content isn't even new content, it just a overhaul of existing content. Very disappointing and it must be a real skeleton crew working on the game now.

Can you think of any other example where a studio gave away their game for free just because they didn't release a dlc on another platform? After they advertised it on said platform and stopped development of the existing game on said platform.
You left two key details there. Fdev not only, advertised it on said platform, then reversed that decision but subsequently informed everyone that they are stopping development on the existing game on said platform. So not only were players on said platform not getting the new thing they were promised, but they also were losing continued development of what they already had.

So the transfer and a free copy of horizons, is what's Fair. Because that at least restores what they had on now abandoned platform. it returns them to what they had. Now if Fdev said, "Hey here's a copy of odyssey for all the inconvenience." THAT would be generous, because now you giving NEW functionality they didn't have before.

I'm not saying they should, but when you give someone BACK what they already had because of issues or new company direction, That's fair.
Adding NEW things they didn't have on top of that, something they didn't originally have, is generous.

They will be separate accounts. The transfer will not merge details with other existing PC accounts.
So from what I've been reading, people transferring to pc from xb/ps will be given a free horizons account? I'm guessing that be tied to the same email address that both my xbox and current pc commander are tied to? Also if we have already purchased odyssey on steam on a different account, will we need to repurchase it for the free horizons copy? Sorry, having multiple pc accounts is just a little confusing. Trying to get an idea of how it will all work in the end.

Last edited:
2023 content isn't even new content, it just a overhaul of existing content.
Surely overhauling an existing feature must still mean "more and better"? For instance, it could be a player-based economy complete with player-run corporations or finally putting some meat on the bones of exploration.
Very disappointing and it must be a real skeleton crew working on the game now.

A list of three things.(one of which minor. And one already been planned for months).. over the course of one year....
Think that is quite possibly less than satisfactory for most. I understand Frontier need not do anything substantial, but after the less than stella release of odyssey......

The best announcement by far for me is the "major feature overhaul" , while not brand new content. (and no specifics or even outline given) I'm sure will be good and welcomed/possibly. But looking back in the past, the mining overhaul was most excellent, but the FSS and/or new menu system was most debatable. So let's wait and see on that statement.
Let's hope they will be eliminating the blue cylinders getting in and out of the ships and srvs. Or even improving the plant scanning
lets be honest though. This is poor. It isn't going to save elite

Flimley
Arf also said they're working on something "that's never been done before in Elite" and that won't be an Engineering overhaul. So that sounds like it will be brand new content and separate to the "major feature overhaul".

Sorry, having multiple pc accounts is just a little confusing.

I have an email address tied to my ED XB account
I have another email address tied to my Steam account (and i have Horizons + Odyssey here) - which predates my XB account
I have another email address tied to my EPIC account (and i have Horizons + Odyssey here too)

Having separated emails tied to each account really helped me to keep thing...well... separated

A list of three things.(one of which minor. And one already been planned for months).. over the course of one year....
Think that is quite possibly less than satisfactory for most. I understand Frontier need not do anything substantial, but after the less than stella release of odyssey......

The best announcement by far for me is the "major feature overhaul" , while not brand new content. (and no specifics or even outline given) I'm sure will be good and welcomed/possibly. But looking back in the past, the mining overhaul was most excellent, but the FSS and/or new menu system was most debatable. So let's wait and see on that statement.
Let's hope they will be eliminating the blue cylinders getting in and out of the ships and srvs. Or even improving the plant scanning
lets be honest though. This is poor. It isn't going to save elite

Flimley

I agree this 'new' information hasnt inspired me much at all.
Maybe if Frontier told us what the major feature overhaul is going to be then it would be something for this community could chew on.
My bet will be that its the Engineering changes already discussed in a forum thread here. Which to be honest concern me, because when ever engineering is meddled with in Elite i get acid indigestion. Engineering is by far my most favourite feature in ED and one which i have the most investment in. The thought of 'balancing'.. again fills me with dread.

Optimisation and stability is not news, its the least frontier can add to Odyssey considering.

Sorry Frontier, but im still... 🤷‍♂️........ (and i dont want to be).

Thanks for the update, and I think this is good news for console. I have already created a PC CMDR in Odyssey, after hearing of the cancellation on console. Can I use this new PC CMDR for the copy? And if I do, am I right in assuming the console copy will overwrite any on-foot progress I have made on my current PC account?
You'll be getting a new PC copy of Horizons with a copy of of your Console Commanders account. Your current PC Odyssey account will be unaffected.

As a premium beta and explorer, one of the most important things I expected from EDO was overall quality planetary graphics. Unfortunately planetary graphics quality was reduced, and from what I read in the updates, there is currently no hope of it being fixed. If they ever fix/upgrade the planetary graphics, I will once more return to play.
Odyssey planetry graphics are better than Horizons plantetary graphics.

Top Bottom