Console Profile Transfers and 2022 Updates

Oh yes, because horizion isn’t free since a long time 😒

when someone should buy elite on consoles, there is no split on the versions. You have just only horizon. Fairly spoken, this is no goody to me.

but glad for the few console cmdrs, that they can transfer their accounts 👍🫠
You get a free ED + Horizons game with your transfer, so you can continue on pc if you want for free. If you want, you can buy EDO for it. No clue how this is anything other than generous...

Interesting..... That was possible?

My guess is they are keeping it clean with a copy to a 'new' PC account to keep it simple.

I am going to try the other route of seeing if support can transfer my Odyssey purchase from one PC account to another post transfer.

But, your method may mean I can keep my commander name as I am stormyuk on both platforms.
When we transferred my son from PS to PC, we had to create the PC account first for them to add the credits to.

So …Yeh … I think I will at least raise a request to do this, once they say the new transfer process is available, as I’d like to keep the same CMDR name (I am similarly “tolm” on both) and not lose 2 billion credits!!

If I was a console commander, I'd would be questioning my desire to return after taking a look at that roadmap...

As a PC commander, the road map is disappointing to say the least, as there will be no appreciable content released until early 2023 (the nature of which is mostly unknown). This feels like 2019 all over again, this time without the promise of a "new era" or giant expansion on the horizon.

While the game is not dead, it doesn't seem alive either, and it seems like it can go either way here. I can only hope that the narrative aspect of the rest of the year can keep the player base interested.

I will be popping back into the game from time to time to see what's what.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Yeh … I think I will at least raise a request to do this, once they say it’s available, as I’d like to keep the same CMDR name (I am similarly “tolm” on both) and not lose 2 billion credits!!
I am not sure why it's not been listed as an option..... 🤔

Ok very awesome indeed, I get the Arx balance thing, ok, no worries and honestly I think im broke anyway so don't care. And having to decommission and recommission a fleet carrier to pc is kind of a pain in the butt but, ok, as long as we can get an incarnation of our carrier back I guess we'll deal.

one question about cosmetics, because it has an asterisk and I want it clarified, when you say "Cosmetic items applied through the Livery (ships and Fleet Carriers) and Holo-Me will remain applied."

does that mean our cosmetic inventory of those things will remain in tact or literally just the cosmetics on the ships at the time of copy? if the latter, since you have to decommission your FC, how can that livery remain applied??

Or to more directly ask the question, Will I have to rebuy all the liveries and build my library up again? If so, can I just submit a ticket of my missing liveries to support and they regrant them?

How does this apply to ship kits? will I have to rebuy them? Can Support regrant them if they don't get copied over?

What about the limited time, or event based decals/liveries like the azure paint jobs or Distant Worlds decals? Can those be regranted?

Or are all these questions moot and my entire livery/shipkit and decal library WILL be copied over??

Please advise.
Everything you already bought comes with you. Only your renaining Arx doesn't. If you want you can spend them before the transfer and bring whatever you buy along.

It's a pretty boring roadmap, but committing to stability/optimization is exactly what the game needs even if it doesn't look sexy on a roadmap.

I wonder if the key feature overhaul is the horizons engineering rebalance there was a feedback thread on ages ago or something else.

But, your method may mean I can keep my commander name as I am stormyuk on both platforms.
And that's my conundrum.

My PC, XB, and PS cmdrs all have the same handle. My PS cmdr far exceeds my other two in assets, ranks, and light years. My PC cmdr was created back when ED launched.

When all is said and done, I want my PS cmdr brought over to PC with the handle intact.

You get a free ED + Horizons game with your transfer, so you can continue on pc if you want for free. If you want, you can buy EDO for it. No clue how this is anything other than generous...
So as not to alienate 1/3rd of the player base, a pathway is being made to restore their functionality in most if nor all it's entirety onto another platform after deciding to abandon development on existing platform.

I would call that fair, not generous.

If you have a console and PC it's a free transfer and free PC account even if you don't buy Odyssey but, allows you access to Odyssey if you want. It's win win really regardless of feelings for future content.
I mean honestly I have to agree, even if you don't plan on returning, i would still take advantage of the transfer and let your commander "die" on the pc platform just on the outside chance something happens and you want to return. Because the transfer is time limited, better to make the jump and leave your options open than risk closing the door on assets you might want or need later.

I look forward to the optimization, it is sorely needed. I love this game and want to see y'all pull us out of this nosedive.

o7

So as not to alienate 1/3rd of the player base, a pathway is being made to restore their functionality in most if nor all it's entirety onto another platform after deciding to abandon development on existing platform.

I would call that fair, not generous.
Can you think of any other example where a studio gave away their game for free just because they didn't release a dlc on another platform?

The transfer is fair, the free game is generous.

Everything you already bought comes with you. Only your renaining Arx doesn't. If you want you can spend them before the transfer and bring whatever you buy along.
You're sure of that? because the text written is a bit ambiguous, "Cosmetic items applied through the Livery (ships and Fleet Carriers) and Holo-Me will remain applied." that just sounds to me like the livery already on my ships wont suddenly disappear, not that your library will be there. That's why I want some confirmation.

Does this console to pc transfer also include a pc that can run Odyssey?
For console players who own a capable pc already this transfer looks pretty okay, for those don't or can't afford a new pc there is no good news at all.
No way you look at it, console players were screwed over imho.

With this roadmap as presented I see no reason at all to purchase a new pc.
Frontier's incompetence in managment has taken all trust I had in them, no way I'm gonna invest again in one of their products.

If I was a console commander, I'd would be questioning my desire to return after taking a look at that roadmap...
Yes, the roadmap looks like it was done by a kid who did his homework in the hallway before class started.

But I just want to keep flying.

And given a choice between flying with my main cmdr on a platform with zero developer movement (console) and tectonically slow and unpredictable movement (PC), I'll transfer and keep flying.

Too little too late I'm afraid most have walked away and won't give elite a second look . But much kudos to you guys for getting a work around pity you couldn't have sorted this on the original announcement , but I think the amount of folk who left really hurt .
Even if FDev would release, lets say, the Panther Clipper today, yes... lots of people would login, travel to Jameson Memorial and buy one and then fly it around for a bit and log out. The reason many have taken a long break from ED is because they have put thousands of hours into it and can't be bothered with endgame group activities such as BGS or PowerPlay. They have reached all goals there is, and do not want to deal with the onfoot gameplay at all.

If those people are the "most" or not is very hard to know, especially if you are not in an active group that does PP or BGS.

I've been part of Delta Squadron (PMF) for years at this point and that has helped me A LOT to stay with the game and enjoy it for what it is at face value.

PlayStation to pc transfer, new today from Frontier, was music to my ears! :love:

However, as I already have (in addition to my PlayStation version) a PC version of Horizons, it would be much better if FDEV would at least allow the credit balances to be merged, even if the ships and other commander assets could not. That way I could liquidate all my pc assets prior to doing the merge. That would at least make the merge transfer decision that much more palateable.

What do you say FDEV - any chance of that happening?
please say you will at least consider it.

Top Bottom