Console Profile Transfers and 2022 Updates

They will be separate accounts. The transfer will not merge details with other existing PC accounts.
So ... My PC account will basically wipe progress and be replaced with Xbox progress? I can certainly live with that since I stupidly spend a lot more time playing on Xbox!!!

As long as my PC account still has all the benefits (I backed it before the game was out and wouldn't want to lose those them) Can we clarify if that would be the case??

So ... My PC account will basically wipe progress and be replaced with Xbox progress? I can certainly live with that since I stupidly spend a lot more time playing on Xbox!!!

As long as my PC account still has all the benefits (I backed it before the game was out and wouldn't want to lose those them) Can we clarify if that would be the case??
I wouldn't know, but I just want to say that's why I'm waiting and being cautious.

None applied will also transfer so you can spend Arx before transfer if you want. They explained this specifically in the stream.
I missed the stream, but I didn't miss it so much I'd want to watch it

Did they talk about the "spend spend spend!" the console players will have to do with their ARX? Is it even possible to buy skins for a ship you don't own yet? There must be a few console players out there who were saving their ARX for ships they were grinding to buy

Did they talk about the "spend spend spend!" the console players will have to do with their ARX? Is it even possible to buy skins for a ship you don't own yet? There must be a few console players out there who were saving their ARX for ships they were grinding to buy
If you go to the store from the main menu instead of the ship, I remember I could buy corvette skins before owning that ship.

Already processed the decommision of my fleet carrier. Not sure when I should download the game on pc from steam but it's probable when
they decide to let us transfer our progress. Sounds like I'll lose my 5k tritium aboard my carrier but at least that's all I think I'll lose.
Get a sell order posted at 50k/t and get it synced up with Inara/EDDB and you'll probably break even on it. In my experience someone will come take it.

If you can't afford to run two carriers for a while.

Get a sell order posted at 50k/t and get it synced up with Inara/EDDB and you'll probably break even on it. In my experience someone will come take it.

If you can't afford to run two carriers for a while.
A good idea, I will do that after maintenance. My fleet carrier is in Lan Tzak, "Over the horizon- XNM-T9W" Edit: Think I will change the name to selling tritium (at a price)

It says they won't merge the accounts.... And they will be separate.....
And from an earlier post, it appears the Xbox account will still be there to use! So it doesn't actually clarify my question unless I mis-read something 🤷🏻‍♂️
You will have three commander profiles.

One on Xbox exactly as they were before the transfer
A second on pc that has all the same assets and progress as the first but without any ARX or carrier
A third on PC with all your PC progress to date.

You can continue to play one or all of these commanders

It says they won't merge the accounts.... And they will be separate.....
And from an earlier post, it appears the Xbox account will still be there to use! So it doesn't actually clarify my question unless I mis-read something 🤷🏻‍♂️
You'll get a free Horizons account for PC and this will be used to copy your console Commander over to. Your existing Odyssey PC account will remain. You'll end up therefore with a Horizons account with your Console Commander transferred over to it (as well as keep your original account on Console).

It's then upto you as to whether you upgrade the Horizons account to Odyssey but I should think it might be possible to wipe your PC Odyssey Commander and upgrade your new PC Horizons account over to Odyssey, or something, to save you buying Odyssey again. They may also allow you to "refund" your PC Odyssey and allow you to upgrade for free (so technically no refund but you won't be buying it twice). It's worth looking into.

Is it still possible to transfer old account data if I did the transfer in the past when it was credits only? I would love to still have a chance of getting all of my old console stats.
As I understand it your old account has gone (you can’t play it now can you?) so there is nothing for them to copy.

Did they talk about the "spend spend spend!" the console players will have to do with their ARX?
Yes

Is it even possible to buy skins for a ship you don't own yet?
Yes as long as it isn’t the Cobra 4 and even that if you are able to own one.

There must be a few console players out there who were saving their ARX for ships they were grinding to buy
Probably.

You will have three commander profiles.

One on Xbox exactly as they were before the transfer
A second on pc that has all the same assets and progress as the first but without any ARX or carrier
A third on PC with all your PC progress to date.

You can continue to play one or all of these commanders
Thanks for this info Rax! (y)(y)

Yes, you can buy cosmetics for stuff you don't own yet. Store don't care. :p The Arx also won't disappear, nor will your console account, so you only have to spend if you want whatever it is to go to pc.

Happy that I can transfer my CMDR to PC! A little bit sad about the Carriers though. I have well over 200 Thargoid Hearts, SAP-8 Cores, and Trinkets of Hidden Fortune aboard mine for Raxxla research purposes and I guess I have to lose all those now.
Can't you just get a PC buddy with a carrier to offload them for you onto theirs? Your carrier and its contents exist cross-platform so while your transferred commander might not own that carrier in PC space, it will still exist and can be offloaded...?

Back
Top Bottom