Console Profile Transfers and 2022 Updates

Will the merging with everything else from the PC account include credits? Ship modules? Existing weapons/armor Cmndr currently has?

No Merging.
The copy/transfer process will normally grant you a free horizons account with a new commander.

However, if you want to copy/transfer to an existing account, that account will suffer a Clear Save - so everything on that account in terms of game progress will be lost (ship, modules, credits, engineering, materials, etc)
Cosmetics are not tied to the Commander save, but the the account behind the save, which means you will keep your existing cosmetics

No Merging.
The copy/transfer process will normally grant you a free horizons account with a new commander.

However, if you want to copy/transfer to an existing account, that account will suffer a Clear Save - so everything on that account in terms of game progress will be lost (ship, modules, credits, engineering, materials, etc)
Cosmetics are not tied to the Commander save, but the the account behind the save, which means you will keep your existing cosmetics
Where do I request this copy n paste

Where do I request this copy n paste

Apparently they will setup a portal and we might be able to perform the copy/transfers by ourselves - which make more sense then having the support deal with tens of thousands of potential tickets.

They will let us know what is the procedure soon enough (about 1 week)
Else, you can always raise a support ticket and see what they're telling you

Your existing PC Cmdr will effectively reset their save. If you do that & you are the only member of a Squad the Squad is disbanded. If someone else is in the squad leader will transfer to them. I don't know the rules on who it transfers to if there is more than one other member but that won't matter if you 'give' it to someone else manually. In that respect the 'owner' is all members AFAIK.
So, after going into my game. I am effectively locked into my squadron. Since I created it, I cannot transfer leadership (Unless Frontier can do something on their end). I'm hoping that leadership just transfers to the next rank down and doesn't disband the whole squadron.

I'm confused about your question, you say you have Odyssey on PC and console? You mean Horizons? Also you mention armour your commander has, your console commander should only have clothing not armour?

If you have EDO on pc with your commander having armour rifles etc, I'm not sure you want to be intending to overwrite that commander?
I have EDO on PC and Horizons on console. Some 99% of my progression is on console which will be transferred. But before this happens, I need to liquidate all my hard assets ie PC platform CMDR armour/weapons (if these aren't considered cosmetic like a tattoo would etc ) to credits and buy ship modules and/or cosmetics. Because apparently cosmetics and ship modules are the only assets which will be merged with the console CMDR account during the transfer.. Basically I need to delete or overwrite the PC platform CMDR.

So, after going into my game. I am effectively locked into my squadron. Since I created it, I cannot transfer leadership (Unless Frontier can do something on their end). I'm hoping that leadership just transfers to the next rank down and doesn't disband the whole squadron.
You can transfer your squadron to someone else ? This happened to my old squadron who was started as Xbox and we grew to PC and PS . When consolegate happened the reigns were passed onto a PC commander the squadron is still around .

No Merging.

OK So it seems I'm screwed with the credits, armour, weapons I earned with the PC CMDR. Unless FDev finds a way to let us convert our credits into Arx. Or directly let us buy cosmetics with our credit balance I guess.

Also looks like it's best I delete my PC CMDR save since none of the progression (in terms of assets) can be merged like you said. :/

Ah well, thanks for the clarification.

You can transfer your squadron to someone else ? This happened to my old squadron who was started as Xbox and we grew to PC and PS . When consolegate happened the reigns were passed onto a PC commander the squadron is still around .
What I'm saying here is. I have a PC account that I started a squadron with. On the 12th I plan on writing over my current PC save with my console save. Since I created my squadron with my current PC save I cannot transfer my leadership. I'm now curious what happens when I overwrite my save.

OK So it seems I'm screwed with the credits, armour, weapons I earned with the PC CMDR. Unless FDev finds a way to let us convert our credits into Arx. Or directly let us buy cosmetics with our credit balance I guess.

Also looks like it's best I delete my PC CMDR save since none of the progression (in terms of assets) can be merged like you said. :/

Ah well, thanks for the clarification.
There is the option of using the offered free account to copy the console Cmdr to so both would be preserved.
If you are set on using the existing PC account a carrier could transfer credits as you liquidate the assets.

What I'm saying here is. I have a PC account that I started a squadron with. On the 12th I plan on writing over my current PC save with my console save. Since I created my squadron with my current PC save I cannot transfer my leadership. I'm now curious what happens when I overwrite my save.
And you don't have anyone on PC who could take over as a caretaker ? Then once you have completed the transfer of Xbox commander to PC then take back control of the squadron ??

And you don't have anyone on PC who could take over as a caretaker ? Then once you have completed the transfer of Xbox commander to PC then take back control of the squadron ??
Oh, I do have people that I can transfer control to, but what I'm saying is that I physically cannot. Since I created the squadron, I am and always will be the squadron leader. I tried transferring control to another, but I am "greyed" out in the area that controls the transfer stuff.

Oh, I do have people that I can transfer control to, but what I'm saying is that I physically cannot. Since I created the squadron, I am and always will be the squadron leader. I tried transferring control to another, but I am "greyed" out in the area that controls the transfer stuff.
Ahh that's odd as I said earlier my old squadron leader transferred the leadership across and they are still around and active . So it may be a tick box in the allow actions in the squadron management?? I'm not sure but hope it helps 🥃.

Hahahaha! I'm such a nerd. I made this waaaaay more complicated than it needed to be. I finally found something about transferring squadron leadership........I just have to leave the squadron and Elite will asked me who I want to transfer ownership to. Ugh.

Sad, but who knows perhaps the cash to elite comes back, and they had enough manpower and resources to bring elite to life on consoles again
I think the chance of DB waking up after slipping in the shower like Bobby Ewing and saying "I've invested in sorting out the transfer but only joking, here's a whole new version for 2 x different consoles, and it's got walk around ships and thargoids you can kiss", is pretty slim.

I think the chance of DB waking up after slipping in the shower like Bobby Ewing and saying "I've invested in sorting out the transfer but only joking, here's a whole new version for 2 x different consoles, and it's got walk around ships and thargoids you can kiss", is pretty slim.
dumb and dumbers carey theres a chance.gif

Top Bottom