Ship Builds & Load Outs Corvette for PVE question

Ok, first off, forgive me if I am in the wrong forum, if I am, please direct me to the proper one.

I finally got my real admiral rank and I want to build a corvette, This build is what I came up with.

Now, because play style comes into play with combat builds, first off, I am a p poor shot, so, I go gimbled, and this is intended for PvE CZ.

Much of what I read says Resistances are more important then anything else, and past 50% it gets a little messy, so I tried to get as close to that 50% mark that seemed reasonable.

Is this a good build for a casual poor shot PvE player for a Low rez CZ?

Thanks!!!

You may want to look at increasing your shields. Here's a quick edit that has less resistances but more shield MJ overall in all categories even when resistances are taken into account. As for armament, perhaps someone else with more experience with a corvette can comment :)

Your ship does seem very much like a "do-everything" ship - it has a fuel scoop, FSD booster, jumps 30 Ly, SRV and cargo space. You could consider rearranging things and putting in shield cell banks so you can sit untouched in CZs for longer.

Yea, I wasn't sure about the shields, it felt low, and, per your suggestion, to make it pure PvE combat, what about this?
To keep my current power plant settings, I shut down the FSD, but, if I need to run, I really need to give up or have kicked a really big hornets nest.

I would say that you don't need so many module reinforcements, perhaps have only two or three. Set all your large hull reinforcements to heavy duty, and put small hull reinforcements with maximum thermal resist on the module reinforcement you delete. Like this. (link fixed, had the wrong thing pasted in)

Ok, I am not sure I messed something up, but I think I got what you were saying. I don't know if the guardian modules help, but it seems to have higher numbers, and makes up for it with less. I am trying to keep the res% from getting too far over 50%, but making adjustments really knocks things out of wack pretty quickly. NPCs like lasers more don't they? so, the higher hull resistance effective against lasers is over 10k effective

I am just guessing at all this, but maybe this makes more sense now?

edit: Whoops, I need to fix it, not enough power now....

edit: Alright, figured it out, guardian module protection uses power. Doh! oh well.

Fixed version.

Last edited:
For my PvEtte, I have just a single SCB for insurance. The intention is that I don't use it at all, but it's there in case I get in trouble. Utilities could be more interesting than just a bunch of shield boosters and heat sinks, but I guess it's the meta. Same with internals.

Fuel scoop and FSD booster: QoL enhancements if you plan to fly it around at all. Even a small class 1 or 3 FSD booster counts a lot when you put it in a ship with bad jump range. For the scoop, I stuck a 6C on mine because it happened to be largest available and it worked just fine. Didn't feel like upgrading it.

Weaponry: Corrosive on huge MC, let alone 2 of them seems excessive. I would put a small MC on one of the class 1 hardpoints and make that the corrosive one. If you want to try something fancy, you could put a resonant cascade railgun on the other small hardpoint to deal with the all the annoying cell banking, but you can also just overpower it with the big guns.

Other things to consider: If you like to do a lot of engineering, collecting mats while bounty hunting is a consideration. 3B collector limpet controller and some cargo space for the limpets would help with that.

@Kissamies Yea, on an earlier version of the build, I have a little more variation and longer range, I kept that build to the side for the flexibility, this is the first time I've messed with things this big, so still learning. I have more grinding to do to get all of this unlocked, but this will give me a goal to focus on so I don't go crazy trying to figure out what to do next. (i.e. I got the cash to buy the base parts, but all the engineering will help me focus on a task.) So now I am just building a CZ PvE slaughter machine. :) I think I am getting it there, but I am not the best of shots out there, so, overkill is fine by me! :)

It's just that the corrosive effect doesn't stack and I don't think it matters what size of weapon you use it on, so it would be better to go with Overcharge + some other experimental for the big ones and use a small one for the High Cap. + Corrosive.

ah, Ok... let me look at that...ok.

I removed the corrosive and opted in instead for Overcharged/Oversized x2 instead.

Like I said, I am not the best of pilots, so, I want the turrets to keep a track on those joust happy NPCs, and when I come around, if their shields are still up, add the beam laser to the mix, or, if their shields go down, fire up the MCs. (least, that's the thinking so far.)

So, This is what I have so far. I know, these types of things start getting down to preference, but at the same time, knowing how things work (or don't work) is more helpful, and thank you for that.

Last edited:
My advice for weapons is:
  • The Corvette is not fast: put a long range laser of your choice on one of the smalls: this will drag ships to you from 6km away instead of trying to catch them.
  • Also put a High Capacity/Corrosive effect MC on the other small: this will give corrosive help for the two huge MCs which are better with Overcharged/Autoloader. Autoloader really helps with damage per minute as it is always firing ;)

My defence advice is:
  • If you go for Bi-weaves you want to up the resistances with Shield Boosters more: 50% minimum.
  • If you add Thermal Vent to your lasers you can ditch the Heatsinks completely: just remember to have a target to fire on when you use the Shield Cell Banks.
  • The Corvette is very agile for a big ship, so its often better to ditch the hull reinforcements as they slow you down. Better to shield tank than hull tank - if you lose your shields you will probably leave the fight anyway (consider Guardian Shield Reinforcement)

Here is one of my Corvette PVE builds

https://s.orbis.zone/3-m-

MP

That last build you posted is more han enough for PvE, OP.

Maybe consider an overcharged plant if you needed some more flexibility.

I'd consider skimping on a bit of defense and add a cargo rack and a collector limpet controller. A pve vette doesn't need to double-bank with bi-weaves and usually doesn't need double mrps either. But collector limpets come in handy for all the leftover materials from your npc murdersprees.

Ok, biased on the advice so far, This is what I have done. That last size 1 slot I really had no idea what to do with, I even considered a Hull Repair Limpet or a FSD Interdicter, but I set it for GShield Boost for now.

I think once I get this thing built, I will be able to determine how it handles vs. how I fly and how I will adjust the hull re-enforcement accordingly. For now, I am going to leave it because I got the numbers balanced and when I mess with it the numbers get all out of whack.

For the smalls, I made them long range with 1 MC+corrosive/1 Burst+Phasing to say "Hello!", then as I move in closer more weapons come to bear. (will help when I buy the ship and see the weapon placements to know if this works. (I have the credits, but this is a long term project that I finally get to start.)

So, my question at this point is: Is there anything that I shouldn't do because it doesn't work the way I think it does. (like, the corrosive doesn't stack type thing, for example.)

Also, thank you for all the advice!

Ok, biased on the advice so far, This is what I have done. That last size 1 slot I really had no idea what to do with, I even considered a Hull Repair Limpet or a FSD Interdicter, but I set it for GShield Boost for now.

I think once I get this thing built, I will be able to determine how it handles vs. how I fly and how I will adjust the hull re-enforcement accordingly. For now, I am going to leave it because I got the numbers balanced and when I mess with it the numbers get all out of whack.

For the smalls, I made them long range with 1 MC+corrosive/1 Burst+Phasing to say "Hello!", then as I move in closer more weapons come to bear. (will help when I buy the ship and see the weapon placements to know if this works. (I have the credits, but this is a long term project that I finally get to start.)

So, my question at this point is: Is there anything that I shouldn't do because it doesn't work the way I think it does. (like, the corrosive doesn't stack type thing, for example.)

Also, thank you for all the advice!
The g1 slot is perfect for a thermal resist HRP, then you can lightweight your reactive armor and HD/deep plating anything else for good results.

My version uses Guardian shield reinforcements, and I have full access to engineers. It's something I've put together through internet advice and it's perfect for pve in CZs. Enjoy!

My 5 cents just to add to OP's confusion :) ...
Cheaper version of Fed Corvette which can nicely survive in HazRes (with carefuly picked pirates, don't do wanted wings of 3 Condas) with Elite crew wingman.

VETTE LINK

Pros: Has spread resistances 61 explosive 55 kinetic 62 thermal, can fire very long with 4-0-2 pips and you won't even notice shots from small and some medium ships, has cheap standard A shields though engineered.
Cons: Usual limited ammo in MCs.
(In this setup you should swap cargo holds and some other modules with 7A shield cell banks just to be sure).

A-rated shields are a bad idea for Haz Res duties, as they have less then half the active regeneration of Bi-Weaves. It would take a too long time to regen your shields after a serious shootout without Cells.

Top Bottom