Patch Notes Update CQC update (1.4.2) Stress test - Open build

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Please find some patch notes for today’s update. It will be going live at roughly 14:30 BST and will last up to 30 minutes.

Client crash fixes
- Speculative fixes for several rare crashes
- Fixed soft lock on login

Client Fixes/Tweaks
- Prestige icons not displaying
- Corrected the text for Deathmatch to state the correct amount of points needed to win
- Fix for player name in CQC turning white when not highlighted
- Correct CQC stats are now on the right hand panel in the ship cockpit
- Decreased amount of time between CQC matches once in a session
- Fix for control UI staying on screen in supercruise
- Fix for text in control settings screen being cut off after scrolling
- Increased duration of damage powerup
- Increased the time it takes for the shields power up to decay
- Fixes to the Anaconda model
- Fix for F63 Condor boost actually causing loss of speed
- Fix for deathmatch draws being recorded as losses
- Fix for not being able to navigate through squad list

Server change log
- Many PC/Mac CQC Matchmaking fixes and refinements
- Fix some display issues with the new Cockpit Stats
- Fix faction economic states not being always being superseded by conflict states
- Ensure that both factions always get the message when they're supposed to be fighting in a conflict zone
- Fix the CQC starsystem permit not always being issued correctly
- Various stability and server performance improvements

looks like a couple of days of open test revealed more bugs than 3 weeks of beta testing.

also, almost all are trivial and unrelated to load or unpredictable network conditions.

just sayin'

Just been in team deathmatch. The system put two highest rank players in same team, (I was one at lvl 10and other player was at lvl 20) against people at lvl 1 , 2 ish. net result 2 of the other team left leaving the remaining two to get thrashed. I bailed out, but it probably would not have helped much. It's would have been better if the teams could have uneven numbers or at leash system tried to balance things better

NPCs stopping after having their power plant shot out - is that behaviour intended? If it is, then thanks a lot from us pirates, since we can actually do our profession properly now. We've needed a way to stop ships forever.

It wouldn't be bad knowing whether this stays in the game :<

[video=youtube;EeXKup15x5w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeXKup15x5w[/video]

I know it's been said many times before but I do wish the CQC ranking progress was not shown in the right hand panel in the main *proper* game.
CQC is a seperate choice on the menu so keep it separate. If I never to CQC I'm going to see 'helpless' in the panel for all time.
It really should not be there and it's the only CQC related item that is. Make a right panel when in CQC or find a place for it elsewhere but it really does NOT belong in the main game and I am bewildered that Frontier Developments cannot see that.
Can you show me my money count in GTA V too maybe ? Cos that's not part of Elite:Dangerous either.
When 1.4 goes live this is the thing I am least looking forward to seeing. And no, I won't 'get used to it' over time either and no it won't entice me to play.

Hi all,

Please find some patch notes for today’s update. It will be going live at roughly 14:30 BST and will last up to 30 minutes.

Client crash fixes
- Speculative fixes for several rare crashes
- Fixed soft lock on login

Client Fixes/Tweaks
- Prestige icons not displaying
- Corrected the text for Deathmatch to state the correct amount of points needed to win
- Fix for player name in CQC turning white when not highlighted
- Correct CQC stats are now on the right hand panel in the ship cockpit
- Decreased amount of time between CQC matches once in a session
- Fix for control UI staying on screen in supercruise
- Fix for text in control settings screen being cut off after scrolling
- Increased duration of damage powerup
- Increased the time it takes for the shields power up to decay
- Fixes to the Anaconda model
- Fix for F63 Condor boost actually causing loss of speed
- Fix for deathmatch draws being recorded as losses
- Fix for not being able to navigate through squad list

Server change log
- Many PC/Mac CQC Matchmaking fixes and refinements
- Fix some display issues with the new Cockpit Stats
- Fix faction economic states not being always being superseded by conflict states
- Ensure that both factions always get the message when they're supposed to be fighting in a conflict zone
- Fix the CQC starsystem permit not always being issued correctly
- Various stability and server performance improvements

fixes to match making but im not finding any matches.

I know it's been said many times before but I do wish the CQC ranking progress was not shown in the right hand panel in the main *proper* game.
CQC is a seperate choice on the menu so keep it separate. If I never to CQC I'm going to see 'helpless' in the panel for all time.
It really should not be there and it's the only CQC related item that is. Make a right panel when in CQC or find a place for it elsewhere but it really does NOT belong in the main game and I am bewildered that Frontier Developments cannot see that.
Can you show me my money count in GTA V too maybe ? Cos that's not part of Elite:Dangerous either.
When 1.4 goes live this is the thing I am least looking forward to seeing. And no, I won't 'get used to it' over time either and no it won't entice me to play.

I agree (apart from the GTA V).

If you're a real completionist, you'll rank up your CQC ;):D

Last edited:
If you're a real completionist, you'll rank up your CQC ;):D
A shame that I'm not then :) I'm a purist where Elite is concerned and CQC is not Elite. If it was a standalone game, it would be on Steam for £4.99 or something. It's just not for me. The only redeeming feature of CQC would be if you're an exploring (or perhaps trading) for long periods of time and miss combat and conflict zones etc.
CQC can at least provide some grinding alleviation for the combat starved.
But I just think it should be kept totally separate from the main game and that means getting that damn CQC rank off the right HUD panel.

Last edited:

I don't agree with that.

In my opinion the whole idea of CQC as separate game is fault like non-separate Open/Solo mode.

Firstly splits players to two different games. And we don't find crowd in space...

Secondly - when pilots get tired of fast arcade shooter, they back to standard game and never run CQC again. What for? Small credits reward is not sufficient recompense.

I hope, in the future - CQC will be challenge starts from the game, from some stations, like Community Goals, with big awards for participations. As long as this will not be, every connect with standard game gives small motivation to run CQC.

Last edited:
A shame that I'm not then :) I'm a purist where Elite is concerned and CQC is not Elite. If it was a standalone game, it would be on Steam for £4.99 or something. It's just not for me. The only redeeming feature of CQC would be if you're an exploring (or perhaps trading) for long periods of time and miss combat and conflict zones etc.
CQC can at least provide some grinding alleviation for the combat starved.
But I just think it should be kept totally separate from the main game and that means getting that damn CQC rank off the right HUD panel.

Glad you are here to tell the rest of us what makes Elite and doesnt, as it seems "It's just not for me." means "not for everone" as far as you are concerned

- - - Updated - - -

NPCs stopping after having their power plant shot out - is that behaviour intended? If it is, then thanks a lot from us pirates, since we can actually do our profession properly now. We've needed a way to stop ships forever.

It wouldn't be bad knowing whether this stays in the game :<

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeXKup15x5w
Reducing the Power Plant to 0% means that it only gives the ship 50% of total MW output (if it donest explode on occassion) so the NPC stopping is WAD
A Human would reboot repair, but the NPCs dont seem to

I also want the CQC ranking off my status panel.
But I like the idea of bringing CQC into the game. Actually have it something you have to travel to to compete in.
This could then affect your Elite combat rank, so no need for a separate statistic.
The direct cqc could remain, but would just be a side game and not affect main game stats. ... BUT they really have to sort out the matching of players . It might help if we could see and communicate with people from the CQC lobby screens.
It's probably a big change.
I've suggested a lobby as existed in Settlers 6, and others have suggested the Battlefield series style.
At least have a way for players to force a game start even if here are only 2 players. The game supports people joining halfway through.

Last edited:
Reducing the Power Plant to 0% means that it only gives the ship 50% of total MW output (if it donest explode on occassion) so the NPC stopping is WAD
A Human would reboot repair, but the NPCs dont seem to

They never rebooted when their drives were reduced to 0% either.

Is it just me or is the whole CQC gaming design a bit crap? I like the idea of close combat tournaments, but this seems a bit like trying to eat a hard boiled egg with a tooth pick. Appart from spending on average an hour waiting for the search for match to complete, when I do finally get to play, I am immediately obliterated within seconds, on an ongoing basis. This leads to so much frustration that I feel there is finally proof for a link between gaming and violence.

It appears to actually be worse than before from my perspective before the stress testing phase started. One could at least GET a game then, now it would seem it is literally impossible. A tip from Brett C dev, try logging out the match you are trying to get in to, wait at least 20-30 seconds and try again (that's if you've been sitting in a lobby for over 5-10 mins, apparently it shouldn't take longer than that). Even quiting the game entirely also perhaps may help, but try these methods guys. Hasn't worked for me the numerous times I've tried but you may get lucky. :)

I just had a good round.. just after I drank some coffee... tried to get in and found a Deathmatch-Game immediately! I won with 8-1.. stop when it's at it's best... now getting to work... that's a good start of day, isn't it?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom