CRITICAL explorer bug

Good Morning,

Just checking to see the state of things after finding out about this yesterday evening.

Have read the OP and the Bug Report, but I can't see any where that FDEV acknowledge this as a bug, or have I missed it?

Fly Safe & Don't Sell!

It was acknowledged on page 1 of the bug report (posts 2 and 4) but I think the Devs left the office before managing to sort it. I expect a fix today when Devs get into the office and work out whats gone awry (its still 6am here atm).

It was acknowledged on page 1 of the bug report (posts 2 and 4) but I think the Devs left the office before managing to sort it. I expect a fix today when Devs get into the office and work out whats gone awry (its still 6am here atm).

With that sort of response, it's possible they feel a partial rollback to correct changes, while maintaining true discoveries since the backup (as no money was gained or lost inappropriately in any case), is possible. See what happens after maintenance later this morning.

Any update? Have just been reading this thread and have been on my way back to change the outfittings of my DbS and turn in my data that contains a number of firsts, I'm sure.

I'd like to resume playing this game/simulator once it is in a state of actually working well enough to play, contrary to those that want to just march along as though everything is well and good and ignore that it isn't. They can be on the front lines if they want to be and their data isn't important to them, but don't expect sane people to put up with this rubbish.

Also note that there is a bug that currently means you can't search for system with sector in its name. So if you want to return to a system that you found you now can't find it.

Last edited:
Last night I scanned and handed in about half a dozen systems completely (full detail scans of everything in the system) and while I got a few firsts not everything I scanned and handed in was a first.

My question is are we sure this is a bug and not just a case of a detailed scan replacing a lesser scan?

Last edited:
Any update? Have just been reading this thread and have been on my way back to change the outfittings of my DbS and turn in my data that contains a number of firsts, I'm sure.

I'd like to resume playing this game/simulator once it is in a state of actually working well enough to play, contrary to those that want to just march along as though everything is well and good and ignore that it isn't. They can be on the front lines if they want to be and their data isn't important to them, but don't expect sane people to put up with this rubbish.

Had I not been laid low in RL, I'd be one of the said people still playing the game yesterday. Someone has to play the game, otherwise how would anyone know if it was working or not?

Last night I scanned and handed in about half a dozen systems completely (full detail scans of everything in the system) and while I got a few firsts not everything I scanned and handed in was a first.

My question is are we sure this is a bug and not just a case of a detailed scan replacing a lesser scan?

I'm sure it's a bug - however, it does not happen always.

I handed in some stuff yesterday - I never scan the "debris", so whatever I scan, gives me money. I got dozens of "firsts" awarded with 0Cr bonus though - those are bodies that already have been scanned.

I wonder if it's repeatable for the same celestial body? i.e. Have several names on it in quick succession

If you explore in wings you can have several names on a celestial body. I'm unable to access my data (work) but there is a system out there which has both my and Ziggy's name on it.

Had I not been laid low in RL, I'd be one of the said people still playing the game yesterday. Someone has to play the game, otherwise how would anyone know if it was working or not?

Playing for some meaningful reason isn't what I was referring to. I was referring to people saying that they don't care about this issue, that others shouldn't either, and of all ridiculous things that FD should make this permanent.

Lets not forget that this isn't an isolated beta environment. I'm not going to continue to support ED if it continues to have issues which threaten player data integrity. There's just no point in it. This needs to get sorted ASAP and they need to avoid further issues like this as their primary objective. For intelligent people that aren't brainwashed nor willfully ignorant, confidence in the person behind the wheel of the ship you're on is a necessity, or you're going to find people starting to jump ship real fast.

Top Bottom