Powerplay Cycle 28 Commentary

It makes sense to undermine your own profitable systems in various cases, so treating it as beyond the pale seems foolish.

Undermining deficit systems can result in putting them into turmoil when ending the cycle in deficit, but is less effective at actually causing that deficit.

The damage actually caused to the economy in CC by an undermined system is the difference between its unfortified income and undermined upkeep (default upkeep + overhead; not CiU). Thus, systems that produce a deficit income have steadily less impact by being undermined as they get worse.

As examples, our two zero-income systems would reduce our CC surplus by -98 and -84 when undermined. Our two worst deficit systems will only reduce it by -18 and -17. It takes a great deal more work and time to reduce CC surplus while sticking only to deficit systems.

Last edited:
The other biggest question is why the Alliance is undermining Antals upper territory so hard recently- its becoming a common sight to see and I wonder if Mahon has a hidden agenda....

The other biggest question is why the Alliance is undermining Antals upper territory so hard recently- its becoming a common sight to see and I wonder if Mahon has a hidden agenda....

We do?

Other than some commanders opposing the Bananana system on their own accord, I'm not aware of any other initiatives.

There's also been some reports of some commanders undermining LYR. Surprisingly, Kali no longer appears in our preps list, (not sure if it made a return this week, I'm away for the holidays) so it might be the 5C trying to create provocations while they let some heat go off our prep list and/or fill their coffers again.

We do?

Other than some commanders opposing the Bananana system on their own accord, I'm not aware of any other initiatives.

There's also been some reports of some commanders undermining LYR. Surprisingly, Kali no longer appears in our preps list, (not sure if it made a return this week, I'm away for the holidays) so it might be the 5C trying to create provocations while they let some heat go off our prep list and/or fill their coffers again.

When we started to look at the top 5 bounty lists we kept on finding Alliance pilots in systems near to or adjacent Alliance space, as well as first hand sightings to back up the station reports.

When we started to look at the top 5 bounty lists we kept on finding Alliance pilots in systems near to or adjacent Alliance space, as well as first hand sightings to back up the station reports.

Top 5 bounties were bugged as hell, weren't they? Although first-hand encounters are undeniable.

Thus, my reaction is: We have merit grinders? :eek:

Joke aside, I'm sure something can be done about it, especially if you have them noted down. Any chance of visiting the TS cave when you're not busy organizing and/or making Galnet spiciness?

Top 5 bounties were bugged as hell, weren't they? Although first-hand encounters are undeniable.

Joke aside, I'm sure something can be done about it, especially if you have them noted down. Any chance of visiting the TS cave when you're not busy organizing and/or making Galnet spiciness?

I'm away for a day or so, but I will put the call out to log these guys names. They operate in HIP 108110 and surrounding systems from reports.

I will be back on Monday evening, so hopefully we will have something for you.

Last edited:

If they're combat pilots trying to grind out merits, I hope they're in it for the cooking laser. Oh, to see the look on their faces when they realise ...

They operate in HIP 108110 and surrounding systems from reports.

As far as I can tell, HIP 108110 is an independent Anarchy system. Anarchy systems do not issue bounties for anything, so how you've managed to find a bounty on them there is beyond me.

I'm away for a day or so, but I will put the call out to log these guys names. They operate in HIP 108110 and surrounding systems from reports.

I will be back on Monday evening, so hopefully we will have something for you.

I have dropped in to the wyvernscale teamspeak server several times recently to find myself the only one there? Do you have a team speak server that I can contact Antal supporters? I believe there are several things occurring right now that are pertinent to both our powers that should be discussed.

I landed at some of Patreus stations to take a look at their top 5 bounties list, my bounty in those systems was over 10x what the top bounty list was, so there are some issue with that list.

Fair enough. But, Hudson has already admitted to intentionally putting their own profitable systems into turmoil.

Can you quote the admission? We were seeing significantly heavier undermining than usual, and decided it would be a good opportunity to lose a few systems that we not beneficial to us (undermined and not fortified consistently) besides being slightly profitable. Allowing a system to fall into turmoil is different than putting a system into turmoil.

I have dropped in to the wyvernscale teamspeak server several times recently to find myself the only one there? Do you have a team speak server that I can contact Antal supporters? I believe there are several things occurring right now that are pertinent to both our powers that should be discussed.

Drop me a line on the Reddit, I don't have or do Teamspeak.

As for the sightings, it will have to roll over if the bounty list is bugged, as a number of fortifiers in Antals upper territory report hostile Alliance commanders. I imagine they are grinders, but its going to take time to identify them.

As for the sightings, it will have to roll over if the bounty list is bugged, as a number of fortifiers in Antals upper territory report hostile Alliance commanders. I imagine they are grinders, but its going to take time to identify them.

No worries. This is something that can only benefit both of us in the end.

Although I might add that these grinders might become a welcome addition to Antal as you guys keep on having healthy expansions. Makes it easier to manage the available CC for preps. Noone likes having to outprep 6 bad systems.

Martin,

Any ETA on your weekly analysis? I think I'm having withdrawal symptoms, and suspect I'm not alone.

Fascinating read this week guys. It's fun to watch leaders argue then joke around a bit. :D

There is a lot to discuss, was hoping voice communications would be available. I will send you a PM on reddit soon.

Top Bottom