COMPLETED CG Deliveries Requested to Commemorate Duval Family (Trade)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I do not see the CG missions in the mission board. However the important part, delivering gold to the station, does give the best gold prices around!

I do not see the CG missions in the mission board. However the important part, delivering gold to the station, does give the best gold prices around!
Aye, I can see the CG symbol in the galaxy map, but nothing on my transaction tab and nothing even to sign up to at Laedla. Hey ho, even if it doesn't come back I only lost 6m or something...meh.

The API did start returning the two CGs again after the update and the values are increasing.
Though, interestingly, while the deliveries are all still there, with a much lower contributor count. According to Inara's snapshots, just 550 contributors at 2pm, 818 now, 3908 at the last pre-downtime snapshot.

So there might still be some resynchronisation happening there.

CG missions showing up fine here at Macdonald Hub.
BTW, I am also not signed up to CG and also, won't all markets be refilled now after the 4 hours downtime?

(FC Jump time 21Mins)

won't all markets be refilled now after the 4 hours downtime?
It'll help, but I wouldn't expect "refilled" - I don't have good data for regeneration times on Gold but I'd expect from its galactic average price something around a month from empty to full would be typical. If it wasn't noticeably refilling during the "early morning" slowdowns another four hours probably won't do that much either.

Still, there might well be some big markets that have got a couple of thousand tonnes back that no-one's rechecked yet waiting for an easy haul.

It'll help, but I wouldn't expect "refilled" - I don't have good data for regeneration times on Gold but I'd expect from its galactic average price something around a month from empty to full would be typical. If it wasn't noticeably refilling during the "early morning" slowdowns another four hours probably won't do that much either.
I had a list of stations around the CG where I could get a full ~750 load of gold once or twice per day but I think other people caught on to that the past few days.

A lot of people are not signing up for the CG for the explicit purpose of making it last longer so that they can reap the rewards for longer, without actually contributing to the CG.

Maybe offer the exorbitant buying prices for the requested materials only to those who have actually signed up for the CG? Or, alternatively (and perhaps better yet), make it so that even the contributions of those who haven't signed up will count towards the CG completion (it's just that if you haven't signed up, you won't get the rewards at the end). I think this would make sense.
Sorry to be late on this, but an obvious third option would be exorbitant CG rewards instead of exorbitant buying prices, then everyone would be happy.

Sorry to be late on this, but an obvious third option would be exorbitant CG rewards instead of exorbitant buying prices, then everyone would be happy.
Except for the people that just barely miss out on a tier.

There were a few CGs that were good with that (most notably the Hudson vs Winters CG that had CG tier rewards in the billions) but recently these have been a non-factor which is mostly fine with paintjob/module rewards instead.

I don't really understand this "preventing others from participating" narrative.
+technically even frontier doing this, since CGs are time limied events, not personal missions which you can pick up at any moment.

But of course all people blame NOT exploiting game only if absurdly profits are part of event.

Some people really have to think about their priorities, if credits in elite are sooo important.

At the moment of writing this, the CG has collected about 19 million units of material. I'm assuming the vast, vast majority of it being gold. As far as I know, one "unit" of anything is one metric tonne of it. Or at least that's how much it makes your ship heavier, so I would assume 1 unit = 1 tonne.

It so happens that 1 cubic meter of gold is about 19.28 metric tonnes in mass. We'll round to 19 metric tonnes for convenience (other materials also being transported, impurities, someone mixing in silver to defraud buyers...)

So that means that 19 million metric tonnes of gold would be 1 million cubic meters. That's a cube with a side length of 100 meters (328 feet). In other words, a 100x100x100 meters (328x328x328 feet) big cube of gold. A cube with a side length the length of a full-sized football field.

That's one big statue they are building...
The amount of delivered gold has doubled (and probably even more by this point).

Sheesh, that's going to be one heck of a vanity statue. Hope nobody steals it. That's going to be one valuable statue.

You have very weird definition of fun.
Do you want few free billions from me? :D
Flying spaceships - check
Visiting many systems for the first time - check
Making credits to buy bigger ships, possibly even an FC - check
Researching systems with a gold supply and finding one close by no-one else seems to know about - check
Chatting in system chat with other pilots about how they are getting on - check
Getting free billions or telling other people how to have fun - not so much

Last edited:
After having done honest trade and gotten a carrier for my new alt, I've switched to full out thievery.

It came to my attention that the station is occasionally giving out wing delivery missions for gold. So I'm the process of nicking about 9,000 tons of gold from the imps, launder it on my carrier's secure storage and then sell it back to them. Gives me great pleasure as I'm not overly fond of imps (except for blowing up their ships).. :)

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom