Newcomer / Intro Discovering Elite Dangerous in 2019...

...is quite a blast !!

Hi Commanders !
Rookie Commander Muetdhiv3r reporting !

I feel the urge to share the absolute awesomenesse I stand in right now.

2 weeks ago I was looking for a new game to try and push my new PC config, so I logged into Steam.
Discount on "Elite Dangerous Horizon". Game looks ok. Let’s try that.
Turns out it was quite a great idea !

Download Game > Launch Game > Select Dormi as starting system > Ship being docked on station > Select « automatic launch » > Ship going out of the « mail box » > Discover the space and the beautifull planet with huge rings in front of the station > Being totally unable to drive my ship, or do anything, but also, ABSOLUTELY SPEACHLESS !!!
Ho god, I know I will love this !!!

I was afraid the controls would be cumbersome or difficult to get used to.
Then I played the tutorials, learns the basics, and discover the Xbox controller is a quite potent way of playing (at least for the begining).

Since then, I did (and screwed) my first couple missions, in the starting system.
Get use to normal cruise, super-cruise and « systems to systems jumps ».
Did a couple of other things, but still so much to learn, so much to discover !

I’m so glad I stand right at the beggining of this great journey !!!

o7
Commander Muetdhiv3r

o7 Cmdr, welcome and fly safe! If that fail's, fly dangerous!

Attachments

• C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_elite-dangerous.jpg
    C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_elite-dangerous.jpg
    917.5 KB · Views: 110
o7
Greatings Commanders !

Muetdhiv3r reporting in !
Thanks for all your messages, such a great welcoming is very nice !

missing a few zeros there mate ;)
it is 400 Billion not 400 Million
This.
Among everything ED has to offer, i’m still totally blasted by the scale of the game.

Let me tell you how I discovered the scale of the game :

Step 1.
Found the map > did check Dormi, Matet, and the other starting systems. "Wow, seems there is many other systems around."
Ok let’s go really far : I did move the cursor straight up on the map for maybe 30 seconds, 30 more…
Let’s click here and set a route to a random system. It takes like 30 jumps to go there, it’s HUGE !!!
I couldn’t believe what I discovered ! The game is so vast : it must have at least 200 systems.

Step 2.
Later, I found out you can dezoom the map and get a view of, ladies and gentlemen, nothing less than THE F**ING ENTIRE GALAXY.
SPEECHLESSNESS INTENSIFIES.
OK now it’s really huge, there is sectors, etc.
The « very long » route I set earlier, was nothing but a tiny tiny spot.
I can go very far away and there still are systems there. How is that even possible ?
There should be millions stars out there.

Step 3.
Further later, I discover there is a Z axis. And it’s jut vast.
SPEECHLESSNESS INTENSIFIES by a z factor.
And just like that, space gets multiplied by a third dimension. Everything is even more huger than huge.

And only then I look the forums and found out the numbers : 900 Billions systems.
(Actually I cannot even picture such a big ass number)

Elite Dangerous : Get a glimpse of your size in the grand scheme of things.

o7
Muetdhiv3r signing off...

o7
Greatings Commanders !

Muetdhiv3r reporting in !
Thanks for all your messages, such a great welcoming is very nice !

This.
Among everything ED has to offer, i’m still totally blasted by the scale of the game.

Let me tell you how I discovered the scale of the game :

Step 1.
Found the map > did check Dormi, Matet, and the other starting systems. "Wow, seems there is many other systems around."
Ok let’s go really far : I did move the cursor straight up on the map for maybe 30 seconds, 30 more…
Let’s click here and set a route to a random system. It takes like 30 jumps to go there, it’s HUGE !!!
I couldn’t believe what I discovered ! The game is so vast : it must have at least 200 systems.

Step 2.
Later, I found out you can dezoom the map and get a view of, ladies and gentlemen, nothing less than THE F**ING ENTIRE GALAXY.
SPEECHLESSNESS INTENSIFIES.
OK now it’s really huge, there is sectors, etc.
The « very long » route I set earlier, was nothing but a tiny tiny spot.
I can go very far away and there still are systems there. How is that even possible ?
There should be millions stars out there.

Step 3.
Further later, I discover there is a Z axis. And it’s jut vast.
SPEECHLESSNESS INTENSIFIES by a z factor.
And just like that, space gets multiplied by a third dimension. Everything is even more huger than huge.

And only then I look the forums and found out the numbers : 900 Billions systems.
(Actually I cannot even picture such a big number)

Elite Dangerous : Get a glimpse of your size in the grand scheme of things.

o7
Muetdhiv3r signing off...
Hahah. Spot on, mate.
Your revelation reminded me of this video
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPiDjDQHB6c

'You may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but thats just peanuts to space'...

Welcome.. I also highly recommend attending any fan meets that happen where ever you happen to live... We have about 3 (semi official ones) a year in the UK.. you've already missed 2 of them though!

Lovely bunch of people to meet in RL.. Even the ones that like to blow you up are normally quite nice people when you meet them..

Supreme CMDR Alvin of the Hutton Truckers doesn't say much at those meets, but loves to wag his tail..

Top Bottom