Discovery Scanner - 27.03.2023

What is being done about the AA (Anti-Aliasing)?

Because now I have to run 1.5-2x SS to somewhat mask the massive amounts of jagged edges instead of having a basic game functionality do exactly the same for less performance hit and better quality.
AA has been mentioned early into Odyssey, but since has been ignored and nothing was done with it. Can we get a straight answer if this will ever get fixed or you if just don't know how fix it (hell, even admitting defeat at this point is better than ignoring the issue).
Requested info too, therefore was only response ,, when we have something we inform you,, sadly

But reminder is good, sometimes things are getting forgotten like the bugs with missing planets in SC and broken salvage missions

I essentially moved on until this very moment, I'm not quite versed on fishing terms, but fish tend to fall for bait before getting caught. Therefore making your question a bit......awkward....
Well - you came back and I didn't ask a question. So ... no awkwardness on my part.
Have a lovely day.

... or that the person who coded the HUD planet "dots" drawing (which still work in "Legacy") has moved on and nobody can work out why their ODDY system broke it?
I have a half memory of someone posting pictures/video that showed that the dots were still being drawn just not in the right place, you could see them appear and move if you looked in the ‘right’ place at the right time.

@Frizzatron Let take my statement
1)I was unaware voicing one's opinion on the forums is now a crime. I have read statement's on this forum of people stating that certain individuals are the cause of the change made. All he did was voice his opinion.
"I was unaware voicing one's opinion on the forums is now a crime" is a general one, and I was addressing it. You may have been referring to a specfiic situation but your comment didn't communicate that.

2)People have every right to bring up the facts surrounding U15. No need to say anymore.
Show me where I said that.

3) Lets talk about this statement by you. Constantly badgering Community Managers about things they have no control over. Badgering really?? all they did was ask questions
about why there was not information on an update that did not happen.
I think you just reiterated an already made point.

Back to another statement made by you. And furthermore saying that they (Community Managers) will notify us as soon as there is something to report is not "Voicing ones opinion". I never once involved Community Managers in my statement. My statement had to do with the forums and nothing else
I addressed that as my first point.

Now lets look at you final statement. I would not be here if I have violated any forum policies. Now as far as this statement "or just asinine" This is your opinion. I can understand your opinion, or should I say your opinion is causing problems and making things worse.
Again, you're just reiterating the same point.

Finally, (This is my opinion) Management did not have any plan to cut back (so to speak) but that they were given a golden opportunity get out of this never-ending cycle of having to have some type of update every week and to that I say Bravo.
Fair enough.

Requested info too, therefore was only response ,, when we have something we inform you,, sadly

But reminder is good, sometimes things are getting forgotten like the bugs with missing planets in SC and broken salvage missions
I agree that a reminder every once in a while is good, and to be clear, a lot of the issues that are constantly brought up are ones I would also very much like to see fixed too. However, there is what you are suggesting and what can often happen instead. So IMO it's worth also, every once in a while, to voice the opinion that it gets old seeing the 'are we there yet' type posts that everyone knows isn't going to miraculously lead to an all singing and dancing patch fix the next day.

I have a half memory of someone posting pictures/video that showed that the dots were still being drawn just not in the right place, you could see them appear and move if you looked in the ‘right’ place at the right time.

Yes I posted a video* showing the "jumping planet" a few months back.

* (just to prove to someone that it actually was happening)

I agree that a reminder every once in a while is good, and to be clear, a lot of the issues that are constantly brought up are ones I would also very much like to see fixed too. However, there is what you are suggesting and what can often happen instead. So IMO it's worth also, every once in a while, to voice the opinion that it gets old seeing the 'are we there yet' type posts that everyone knows isn't going to miraculously lead to an all singing and dancing patch fix the next day.
I agreed totally, but for the salvage bug as an example there should be a urgend hotfix because it affect a whole gameplay loop. I think a overview of the bugs which is focused on would be nice. They had this list before. Therefore I believe some of the ,, are we there yet,, post would come not so often.

Is that the thing where a planet is lit based on where the ship is rather than where the planet is? (so it goes dark when you pass into a dark region of space/shadow for example). That lighting issue really is fairly unforgivable if done by design.
Nope, in this case the planet literally moves half a screen.

Nope, in this case the planet literally moves half a screen.
Oh wow - I see it now!

08z8xDE.png

Top Bottom