[DW2] Distant Worlds 2 - A Journey of Discovery

I'm not sure if any one cares but the automatic routing will work from Thomaski point Memorial to Grand Ring if you have a jump distance of 38.4 ly or greater . Not sure if will work from Grand Ring to Beagle point. If anyone is at Grand Ring, could they report the minimum jump distance for automatic routing. Thanks.

Here's hoping that the patch doesn't go sideways today. Between the patch, and lots of people arriving at Beagle Point all at once, there's the potential for a lot of server instability and/or mishaps. Hopefully everything works flawless for everyone.

You can cross the Abyss via Route 33 and need very few, possibly none with some fume jumping depending on exactly what your non-boosted limit is.
I also have a 32-33ly AspX as I didn't have time to do any engineering before I left the Bubble. Running on fumes, I think it will max out the range to about 35ly. I have enough bits for 6 standard FSD injections at the moment. Will this be enough, either for the standard route or using Route 33, or will I need to start looking for more? RL means I'm still 195 jumps from WP11 so if anyone has any pointers for Jumponium mats in the area that would be awesome.

Also, I'd also like to say a big thank you to all the DW2 organisers. As others have said, I also hadn't ventured out of the Bubble until now. I think I covered more distance from WP1 to WP2 in that first evening than I had in all the time I'd been playing the game until then :)

Here's hoping that the patch doesn't go sideways today. Between the patch, and lots of people arriving at Beagle Point all at once, there's the potential for a lot of server instability and/or mishaps. Hopefully everything works flawless for everyone.

That's what i'm afraid of as well. What's even worse for me, it's a national holiday tomorrow in where i live and during my free time servers will be definitely down, because of the update implementation or the instability afterwards caused by the very same update. :confused::sick:

There's a patch today? is this for the megaship and science station we built?

I hope some of the fleet Logistics/repair crew will still be at BP slowly clapping the stragglers over the line and available to do some hull repairs... I'm going to be that miserable sweaty guy who thought it would be fun to wear a big funny costume for the London marathon.

Running on fumes, I think it will max out the range to about 35ly. I have enough bits for 6 standard FSD injections at the moment. Will this be enough, either for the standard route or using Route 33, or will I need to start looking for more?

The longest jump you need to make following Route 33 is 33.3ly. The longest jump from there to BP is 33.4ly so you should be fine doing it all without FSD injections, or you can pick up a few more basic injections (you can use EDSM's body search to find material sources near you) if you'd rather do that than manage fuel levels - that's a matter of personal preference really. Either way you will have to do some manual plotting at points but that's half the fun :)

I haven't submitted any logs to EDSM since leaving Sag A. I likely might not do so until after I get back to sell my data, for obvious reasons.
There are so many undiscovered systems that folks hardly need to poach someone else's discoveries. I have discovered, though, that if you upload logs to EDSM after the fact it does recalculate who made the earliest discovery. So it doesn't matter if you save them all up for later.

I hope some of the fleet Logistics/repair crew will still be at BP slowly clapping the stragglers over the line and available to do some hull repairs... I'm going to be that miserable sweaty guy who thought it would be fun to wear a big funny costume for the London marathon.

I'll probably hang around in BP for several weeks - mostly taking a break from ED and playing other things but still reading forums and logging in occasionally - with a repair limpet controller on board and plenty of limpet-making materials. I'm sure there will be plenty more in the region for a fair while.

I made it to Beagle Point this morning. Interesting experience, knowing this is my first and probably last time I reach this system. I haven't logged my journey on EDSM nor did I photograph every waypoint but I was at every WP in time. I will wait and properly fill in the "arrival" thread so Frontier can validate my journey if it's needed. I also made a video of the arrival. :)

I'd like to thank the organizers as this has been an excellent event and I enjoyed it very much all the way!

The longest jump you need to make following Route 33 is 33.3ly. The longest jump from there to BP is 33.4ly so you should be fine doing it all without FSD injections, or you can pick up a few more basic injections (you can use EDSM's body search to find material sources near you) if you'd rather do that than manage fuel levels - that's a matter of personal preference really. Either way you will have to do some manual plotting at points but that's half the fun :)
Ok, great, thanks :)

I've got plenty of flight time still to go so if I come across Jumponium mats on the way then I will collect otherwise Route 33 seems like my best option.

Will the arrivals link be posted soon so that we can register our journey? I'd like to leave Beagle Point and start returning home (I actually backtracked from 6K LY away to make sure I get registered).

THANK YOU to the DW2 organizers, and to all of the great Commanders I've met along the way!

I've put together a video montage spanning all of DW2 (from one Commander's viewpoint):

Man, I don't always have time to watch everyone's videos, but I'm glad I watched yours. Nice job! I feel like you captured the expedition pretty nicely.

Will the arrivals link be posted soon so that we can register our journey? I'd like to leave Beagle Point and start returning home (I actually backtracked from 6K LY away to make sure I get registered).

Dr Kaii will post it this week, but as long as you login at Beagle Point at least once between April 22 and June 13, there's no rush to post your details to the thread. That can be done any time before June 13th.

Dr Kaii will post it this week, but as long as you login at Beagle Point at least once between April 22 and June 13, there's no rush to post your details to the thread. That can be done any time before June 13th.

When you say Login at Beagle Point.....is that as simple as just opening up the game, and me being at Beagle Point? Or do I need to 'do' anything else?

Top Bottom