Distant Worlds II - Fleet Roster Sign Up Thread

I submitted my signup today. This will be my first long range trip, besides a 7k tourist mission I used to unlock Palin.

I’m pretty excited, as I was waiting for this update and all the more in-depth mechanics before starting out.

I’m a little hesitant because it’s a pretty long trip and I’d hate for some exciting new update to happen while we’re out there that impacts the bubble. But I guess whatever happens will be there on our return.

When does registration end for the expedition? I have only just read up on this and would love to take part, but I will need to get back to the bubble to build a ship suitable for such an event as this. Thanks in advance Cmdrs

i've edited my form and my DW2 roster shows <-lightspeed-> but still have roster #5183. what do i need to do to 'make it so' i.e. get my original roster #?

cheers
<-lightspeed->

The roster numbers are regularly fixed to prevent accidental shiftings, so there was no formula anymore to auto-update the number. I've manually swapped it for your old #22 :)

Regarding the checkpoints

I personally think the best way for everyone to find the checkpoints on the planets along the route is to specifically lay out a list with Points of Interest (f.e. Geological). I don't think using the previous coordinate system is going to be the easiest way for someone to find the exact meeting point on a planet.

What do you guys think about this?

I personally think the best way for everyone to find the checkpoints on the planets along the route is to specifically lay out a list with Points of Interest (f.e. Geological). I don't think using the previous coordinate system is going to be the easiest way for someone to find the exact meeting point on a planet.

I think i will be using Edison like i have so far. ;)

Why would it be any different? Sorry, asking out of the blue here and might not be aware of potentially relevant changes with 3.3.

On the other hand, with 4K+ in the roster, might just be able to drop into the PG instance and ask some fellows for a lift. No?

Disclaimer: I'm very much more a lone wolf Commander. DW2 is one of my handful of exceptions.

I make it work well enough when needs arise to the occasion.

tYNV37g.jpg

Last edited:
Distant Worlds 2 Expedition Squadron News.

DW2 will make use of Squadrons during the journey to Beagle Point and back. At the moment there are two official squadrons to join (Fleetcomm and Distant Worlds). Information on them can be found in Dr. Kaii's post (linked below). Please monitor that post as new information and Squadron options will be made available there in due course.

Squadrons will open on January 1st and it is first come first served, so once the 500 limit is reached (if its reached) then participants will need to look for alternative official Squadrons to join when they become available. Commanders not on the official roster may be removed from the Squadrons.

Joining a squadron for DW2 is NOT mandatory.

Squadron Information - please read!

Considering console users have no plug-in assistants I think this is an excellent idea.

I suck at the old coordinate system so i would very much appreciate the suggested idea.

Not sure if this is the correct place or not, but if possible, I'd like to change my ship info on the roster. Given the restricitions lift of 3.3 on the Saud Kruger ships, I've decided on the Beluga "Unmaligned Apologist" 50.38 lys range. I'll maintain the same fleet role and platform.

Cheers...off to buy my mug now~!

Never thought I'd hear myself using the "git gud" argument, especially for exploration related matters, but really, all it takes is a bit of practice.

while I agree it's not hard (and I will missing having to track down locations that way), there's no denying that the idea of using a geological point of interest is simply efficient and logical.

Not to mention a wonderful backdrop for screen shots...but it has been my experience that geological sites don't offer a great deal in the way of "parking lots," as they tend to be rough terrrain. I do wonder if that could come into play.

Not sure if this is the correct place or not, but if possible, I'd like to change my ship info on the roster. Given the restricitions lift of 3.3 on the Saud Kruger ships, I've decided on the Beluga "Unmaligned Apologist" 50.38 lys range. I'll maintain the same fleet role and platform.

Cheers...off to buy my mug now~!

Please send it to the email link in my signature :)

Top Bottom