Geoffrey's Spider Monkey
Black Howler Monkey
Tree Kangaroo
Musk Ox
Secretary Bird
Walrus
Honey Badger
Blackbuck/Markhor
Sea turtle/Manatee {brings a new feature to the game, hell nah if you think we going to get our last pack without anything special.}
Jackson's Chameleon/King Cobra [E]
Golden Lion Tamarin [WTE] {yeah it sucks getting no birds because frontier is too lazy though we do get manatee our fat water boi}
300+ zoology/new world pieces
bernie sanders has grey hair and he retires, now watch us get even more crappy characters then tiffany summers next sequel

we do get manatee our fat water boi
IMG_20240702_020008.jpg

I mean, in my eyes? I think both of those pack themes have strong potential to be hits with the community (roster depending) and both would be good for the general state of the game. One could provide some essential representation for a specific region that sorely needs hit (with some filler; I love bush dogs and the greater rhea is fine but there's no scenario where they're essential to your average player). The more general pack could offer up animals people really want, many of which are essential, iconic, or just fun for their regions.

If it's a general pack that clearly signifies the end... I think most people will accept the game's fate.

But man, if it's Latin America (or anything else, really) I'm curious to see how the community reacts and what the speculation turns out being like. If we all thought the wait for this pack was rough when we know something's coming... That would really be uncharted territory. Haha.

Well, that, ladies and gentlemen, is why you should never fire almost all your community managers. There are no people to plan anything or hype things up. That's why things seem stale now.
And honestly, after the lack of sound work on the donkey and the rather rushed hair texture work on the cattle, I can't feel excited about the next DLC anyway. The quality of the DLCs has dropped in my opinion in some aspects (not all) and I can't get myself excited over another low budget and low staff production.
But they never did that anyways?
Outside of one stream per dlc cycle they did nothing to "hype things up" or to give us hints.
I get that people got attached to the 2 streams per dlc but unironically the best teaser we ever got was that clip of the peccarys feet while running and you dont need a community manager to do that, literally anyone at frontier with acess to a testbuild could do that

Last edited:
Yh it’s annoying, why can’t they be more like the prehistoric kingdom devs, they do a roadmap as well as monthly dev diaries
seriously even if they dont wanna spoil anything content wise just give us a vauge roadmap that even just lists the season to expect dlc
What i think would be pretty dope is a sort of guess the animal game leading up to the DLC reveal. Like it could start a month before the reveal and every couple days we get a little hint. At first some really vage hints like its and herbivore or it has brown fur, so nothing that would give the dlc away immediately. I imagine them doing rounds of hints for each of the animals, so each one would end up with like three hints like "brown fur - omnivore - walks on four legs" or "black fur - herbivore -long tail". But still vaguely enough so each one could be different things, and still leaves the community speculating which one could be what and how it all fits together
This would be so good take the community building aspects from the old style livestreams and spread it out over a couple of weeks to build hype.
Well, that, ladies and gentlemen, is why you should never fire almost all your community managers. There are no people to plan anything or hype things up. That's why things seem stale now.
And honestly, after the lack of sound work on the donkey and the rather rushed hair texture work on the cattle, I can't feel excited about the next DLC anyway. The quality of the DLCs has dropped in my opinion in some aspects (not all) and I can't get myself excited over another low budget and low staff production.
DLSs is a stretch every dlc up until barnyard has been consistently improving in the quality of animals, scenery, and map barnyard has been the only one in recent memory where the quality of more than one animal has been called into question. I think the quality of the pack wasnt as bad as people make it out to be it is still better than the base game and early packs.

I will be legitimately bummed out. The only LatAm animal I'm interested in at this point is a monkey. And the odds of getting one of the two New World monkeys I really want isn't that high (spider or squirrel). The howler definitely feels more likely.
I would feel the same about any around the world type of pack. At least with current limitations in the number of habitat animals per DLC. I have yet to see a full 8 animals roster for that hypothetical pack that really satisfy my wants and need. Only way i can see it working for me is if it is a 12 animal pack and 4 of them are from SA (and even then they need to be the right ones for me: coati, monkey, mara and rhea/bird).

There are still some other animals from other parts of the world i really want and would love but for me those four are essential to get and i don't see that even being a possibility outside of a LATAM pack. At best i get a coati and a monkey, but things like the serval, baboon, walrus, aoudad, tree kangaroo, american black bear (even the spectacled bear), really do nothing for me.

I don't think Banyard pack was that much quality rushed.
We might not see into the process as much as we see 'meh' animals for somebody.
-The most work was given to the chicken, we must all agree. Feathers moving, bird movements, little details, wings... it's the star of the pack.
-Sheep and alpaca might look like clones but I believe there was a lot of science going on to make their fur look like wool. It's the first wooly animal we've got and after I saw how they tried hard to give aardwolf the erecting fur, I got the assumption the fur is not that easy as I thought (because I know how this fur is done). It's a simple png of a drawn fur put on a 3D model and you have to put as many as possible to look like actuall hairiness. But how in the Hayo they made the WOOL? It looks so real, you must give them credit for that, really.
-The pig might have the pig rig but it's a brand new species with it's own anatomical features and they had to adjust the model a lot. Even though it was a horrible breed choice due to it's lack of colormorphs, still they had some work to do. Same for the goat. Yes, we got goats and goat rigs but it's a small goat which needed to add a LOT of textures for their colormorphs.
-The highland cow must have been a challenge as well. We see on it's fringe that they know how to make detailed fuzzy fur but then something happened they've decided to not put such detailed fur on the rest of the body. Was there not enough time? Was it too heavy for the FPS? Was it too glitchy? Do we want extra details or do we want it to work on player's computers? Every dev has to question this. I watch a progress of a game where the dev shows how many details they had to get rid in only to make it accessible for more players and not forcing them to buy Nasa computer.
-The only easiest animal they could have was the donkey. And maybe they didn't want the donkey but plenty of people, counting me, wanted to get a domestic donkey into the game at some point. So it was the pack relaxing choice to slightly adjust and recolor the wild donkey. Be not fooled, this donkey also got FUR compared to it's wild countrepant. The african has visually no fur while domestic one is known for it's fluffiness. So that was also not just a recolor and they got some color variations too. The only mistake was the lack of donkey cross which they quickly and I mean VERY QUICKLY added.
-And also, some people don't realise that animals are many times being the easier parts of the pack compared to the work and research that goes through what kind of build pieces they gonna add to the theme. There must be a lot of brainstorming and delicate work modelling those tiny pieces to satisfy the building player base. They most likely wanted to add more animals but they knew people expec farm-themed build pieces too. But with only 5 animals it couldn't be also called the farm pack. So they made this brand new compromise to be sure they don't dissapoint both player bases.

So I get plenty of people find it not that interesting because of lack of exoticity although it is a standard for a real zoo,
but I wouldn't call this pack to be absolutelly 'lazy'. Yes, it might look underwhelming but as somebody was saying around here, I like to believe there is something bigger going on and that is why there is one underwhelming pack in between.
It happened in one hunting game recently that they've made a DLC map with the same animals and people were calling them lazy copypasters and how the game goes to crap and devs don't care, only for them to release huge bomb of a DLC after in totally new beautiful area with plenty of new animals and two older animals remake.
So I wouldn't raise the black flags just yet...

So after 200 pages we really haven't left these 2 original ideas for the next pack. LA is more needed for the games state, but Keepers pack will probably satisfy more of the general community which will probably end in more sales & money, the stuff frontier lives for.

View attachment 396289View attachment 396288
Latin America pack - a coati, the spectacled bear and another new world monkey - automatic win for me. I'd love a third NWP, the Patagonian Mara and the Brazilian Porcupine, but they are definitely all the second tier of what I want out of LA.

Back
Top Bottom