In-Development E.D.I.S.O.N - Orbital and surface navigation / Waypoints

Hi came back to elite after a long time came by your plugin have to say love it helps a lot on planets.
have small problem with it all works but hud marker that should be on screen in game is behind game screen on desktop not in game ?? prob me not setup right if any can help would be nice

many thanks for any replys:D:D

Hi C54M2,

did you set Elite Dangerous to "Borderless Window" mode? If it is set to "Fullscreen" EDISON is unable to display the overlay.

o7

many thanks

Hi C54M2,

did you set Elite Dangerous to "Borderless Window" mode? If it is set to "Fullscreen" EDISON is unable to display the overlay.

o7

Yes must of missed that in your read notes included in setup sorry about that all is ok.

Love the plugin works a dream many thanks for your time in this.[up][up][up][smile]

This tool is a life saver for me, discovered about a week ago and has changed the way I play Elite. I could never get to planets by way of the coordinates because of my disability with numbers. On my first try I got to the target (Thargoid base) within 8 minutes from orbit! (could have been a lot quicker if I hadn't had waited a little longer before coming out of orbit into glide).

Was so pleased I did a video on it, https://youtu.be/q3FAkhkfS04

I want to reward you for this in some way, but can't find anywhere to donate, do you have a donation area?

Thanks again

CMDR Harlow Shipley

Finally got round to trying EDISON for myself today - awesome!

I have one feature request if you're at all interested. From my brief look it seems that you currently have to just type in the name of the system, planet and planet radius. Would it be at all possible to automatically pick up the radius of the specified planet from a resource such as EDDB, or even better, have a button to pick up the current system name using an API call in the same way that applications such as EVA allow you to do this?

I have one feature request if you're at all interested. From my brief look it seems that you currently have to just type in the name of the system, planet and planet radius. Would it be at all possible to automatically pick up the radius of the specified planet from a resource such as EDDB, or even better, have a button to pick up the current system name using an API call in the same way that applications such as EVA allow you to do this?

You can get that information from the Journal. Captain's Log does this with my own navigation system - it will autoselects the planet for you once you come out of orbital cruise - there is a Journal event for that which EDISON can use - and if you have a LAT/LON set, CL2 directs you to it.

Hey Alec,

thank you for trying EDISON, I'm happy that you like it.

Suggestions are always welcome. Though I can't promise if and when I will implement them.

Fly safe!

Are you working on adding the body type ranges over the FSS frequency bar, by any chance? :p

fGRVXCH.jpg

Just tried EDISON. Brilliant and simple. This is a definite part of my tool box now.
Thank you Maxine Slayton.

Version 4.0 available

Hey Commanders,

thank you all for your appreciation. :)

As of today version E.D.I.S.O.N. 4.0 is available for download bringing you some new features and fixes.

New:
-Added ablility to import waypoints from .csv files.
-Waypoints can be marked as visited.
-Waypoints list can be filtered for visited/unvisited waypoints.

Changed/Improved:
-Multiple (or all) waypoints can be deleted in one go.
-Waypoints are now stored in csv format.

Fixed:
-Settings are now saved and used correctly. (I wonder why nobody has noticed this before. :D )

Please report any bugs you encounter.

Upcoming features
I'm currently working on loading the planet name and radius from the journal or an external database.
The release is planned some time between Christmas and New Year's Eve.

I wish you all happy holidays.

Fly safe and have fun.

Maxine

E.D.I.S.O.N. on Elite Dangerous Codex:
http://edcodex.info/?m=tools&entry=431
You will find the download link there.

Last edited:
Thank you Maxine, the new features are an excellent addition.
The proposed additional planet info import will make this tool indispensable.
Thank you again.

In the screenshots, it shows the use of down arrows, but for side arrows it seems to be using the rather goofy " --> " method. Might I suggest using right and left arrows → and ← ? For the "extended arrow" you simply could use more than one arrow, or, if the font supports them, more complex Unicode arrows could be used like the double and triple arrows, double-bar arrows or double-head arrows. Even simply multiples of the basic arrow, e.g. →→→ would be visually preferable to --> I think.

Hello Commanders,

warm greetings and a happy new year to you all.

I've been busy during the holidays and happy to be able to release version 5.0 today.

New:
  • Import planet radius from journal or EDSM.
    -Just enter latitude and longitude. Once you start the navigation system, body and radius will be filled by E.D.I.S.O.N.
    -If you are not on or near a planet, the information will be filled the next time you enter orbital cruise.
  • New columns in the waypoint manager. "Distance to Sol" and "Distance" (from current position).
    -There are two new buttons to start the calculation for these values.
  • The list of waypoints can be 'saved as'. Use this to create backups or share your waypoints with other commanders.

Improved:
  • The direction arrows in the overlay are now displayed dynamically... without steps. Sorry, I don't know how to explain this. Please have a look for yourself. :D I have updated the picture in the OP.
Please report any bugs you encounter.

Upcoming features
I'm thinking of implementing a feature that allows the creation of flight plans.
Basically a list of waypoints to follow, that can also be shared between commanders.

Fly safe and have fun.

Maxine

E.D.I.S.O.N. on Elite Dangerous Codex:
http://edcodex.info/?m=tools&entry=431
You will find the download link there.

Thanks Maxine, Happy New Year.
Just had a quick run on 5.0
Two small points.
Radius value not showing on main window, Current Position.
Manage Waypoints - "New from current position" does not pull in Body or System. Lat, Long, Rad are shown ok.

Top Bottom