In-Development E.D.I.S.O.N - Orbital and surface navigation / Waypoints

I am getting this error:

Untitled.png

I was also wondering how do you delete/remove a category or entry in the manage waypoints tab?

EDIT: Just to update this was caused by not having a TTS voice selected in the Eddison settings, speech output tab. Once a voice was selected the error stopped, thanks CMDR Maxine Slayton!

Last edited:
Hello Space Dandy,

first let me thank you for trying Edison.

Please send me the logfile and I will see that we can resolve the problem. ;)

You can remove an entry from the list of waypoints by selecting it and pressing the button with the litte red x (It's the fourth from the left.).

It is not yet possible to remove categories. I will add this functionality with the next update.

Regards
Maxine

I just tried out the latest version, and at its core, it worked great!

Just two small things: First, I thought the overlay was supposed to be centered above the planetary HUD. It's showing off to the left, kind of over the bottom of the chat window. Not the worst thing ever, but being able to adjust the screen position would be nice. (I'm at 1080p resolution).

Second, it appears E.D.I.S.O.N. can't be used at the same time as EDDI, as they are both going after the status.json file. That may be much harder to deal with, but if you can find a way for them to share read-access to the file at the same time, that would be wonderful.

Version 3.3 released

Hello Commanders,

I've released Edison version 3.3.

New:
-Waypoint categories can be deleted.
Changed:
-Minor changes to the HUD overlay
Fixed:
-Edison should now work when other apps that access status.json are running.
-Edison now tries to automatically select another TTS voice if it fails to load the currently set voice.

I just tried out the latest version, and at its core, it worked great!

Just two small things: First, I thought the overlay was supposed to be centered above the planetary HUD. It's showing off to the left, kind of over the bottom of the chat window. Not the worst thing ever, but being able to adjust the screen position would be nice. (I'm at 1080p resolution).

Second, it appears E.D.I.S.O.N. can't be used at the same time as EDDI, as they are both going after the status.json file. That may be much harder to deal with, but if you can find a way for them to share read-access to the file at the same time, that would be wonderful.

Hey Schmobius,
you can move the overlay around by clicking on the text and dragging it with your left mouse button.
(Use Alt+Tab to select the overlay first otherwise the mouse cursor will be invisible.)

Version 3.3 should work together with EDDI.

Hey Schmobius,
you can move the overlay around by clicking on the text and dragging it with your left mouse button.
(Use Alt+Tab to select the overlay first otherwise the mouse cursor will be invisible.)

Version 3.3 should work together with EDDI.

I'll have to try it out later tonight. Thanks for addressing it quickly!

Does this program use 32bit?

Dunno if you remember that UA bomb error I was getting was because I had no voice selected which was fixed by choosing microsoft Anna?

I have since then went through the painful process of adding some other voices to my windows 7 and I much prefer ZiraPro to MS Anna but it give me that UA bomb error when I choose Zirapro in the drop down of your application.

When I was installing some required extras on my pc from MS I used the 64bit version and I think I read somewhere it might not work for 32bit programs and that I might need to add those extras again but 32bit version.

Thus my question above.

EDIT:I figured it out and I think it was indeed the 32bit thing. I downloaded the 32bit version of this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=27225 and now everything is working fine!

Last edited:
I just tried Edison today. This is a great tool. It makes coordinate navigation so much easier. Great job. Thank you!

Just added a post in the DECE expedition thread about EDISON. Just wanted to say, it worked amazingly well in VR to guide me to the basecamp in total darkness by voice cue alone.

Awesome work Cmdr o7

I just tried this out on a Tip Off. I haven't done one of those in ages, and it seemed like a good way to test this program.

E.D.I.S.O.N. worked perfectly for me, and led me directly to the correct location.

I've gotten good at finding coordinates "by hand", but this utility makes the process much easier.

not I just have a message saying : <---- 255 and 6035 km under. And it never update my position from the start... Is there any log somewhere I could see for error messages please ?

Hope we can find why because your tool is SO useful.

Last edited:
One more reason to switch from console to pc. Currently I play on a ps4, and am waiting for the ps5 hoping that FDev will incorporate one or two or even more of the cool items pc's can utilize that we console player can not. I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that I'm going to be disapointed and should just switch to a pc and start over. Yes, I realize I can keep my assets, it's the additional grind to aquire my current status, that is keeping me from doing it now. But the longer I wait, the more cool items you pc's seem to incorporate. I'm on the cusp and leaning in your direction more and more every week that passes.

not I just have a message saying : <---- 255 and 6035 km under. And it never update my position from the start... Is there any log somewhere I could see for error messages please ?

There are logfiles at C:\Users\<YourUsername>\AppData\Local\Ashragon Inc\E.D.I.S.O.N\3.0.0.0
Please send them to me using the email address found in the readme.txt.

Hope we can find why because your tool is SO useful.
We will! [yesnod] And thanks for the kudos.

Top Bottom