Release ED Recon: an EDMC plugin for traders and bounty hunters in Elite: dangerous

Lol!!!! Don't feel bad! My very first complete windows and ED reinstall! Everything went smoothly, but could not get EDMC + plugins and Overlay to work again. Ended up being my virus protection taking one of the files into quarantine. Took me a month to work that out! Lol

Thanks TheMindBuddah for helping McDark.

Maybe I should look into why the overlay isn't enabled by default on a fresh install.

Other common causes are:
  • AV software panicking about a file that came from the Internet and blocking the overlay: scan it just to be sure, and allow it to run.
  • Elite dangerous running in Fullscreen: the overlay only works in borderless or windowed.
  • The overlay isn't present (sometimes folks download the snapshot of the github repository instead of the packaged zip file, i.e. named EDR Vx.x.x.zip)

EDR v1.0.8 "Tactical Bacon" released!

-------------------------------------------------
New features and improvements
  • Added option to announce your fleet carrier's jump schedule in EDR central and other EDR public servers, or privately in a server of your choice (need registration, details to be discussed here @ EDR Central https://edrecon.com/discord). Note the code on the server side isn't rolled out yet.
  • Added tons of hotspots for Selenium (send !search selenium in chat)
  • Added logic to ignore previously prospected asteroids in the mining stats
  • Proper handling of cargo ejection and collection events for the limpet reminder feature
  • Added new hotspots for Low Temperature Diamonds and other minerals
EDMC 4.x (Python 3.7) support
This release should work in both the current EDMC 3.x series but also in the upcoming EDMC 4.x series which moved to Python 3.7.

If you already have EDR, just launch and quit EDMC to trigger an auto-update. Wait for a minute or so, then relaunch EDMC.

If you don't have EDR, head over to https://edrecon.com/edmc-plugin

EDR v1.0.9 "Lemon Yogurn" released!

New features and improvements

• Support for themes in the EDMC UI. See igm_alt_config.v3.ini and igm_alt_themed_config.v3.ini in the config folder (the former is used when the default appearance is selected in EDMC's settings, and the latter is used for the dark and transparent appearances).
  • Improvements to keep track of the user's fleet carrier current position (for the jump schedule announcement feature). If EDR is incorrect about your fleet carrier's position, try one of the following:
  • Docking actions (docking / undocking / request docking / etc.)
  • Login in near your fleet carrier
  • Scheduling a jump and waiting for the jump to complete.

EDMC 4.x (Python 3.7) support
This release should work in both the current EDMC 3.x series but also in the upcoming EDMC 4.x series which moved to Python 3.7.
Lots of compatibility bugs have been fixed.... I think I got it right this time (crossing fingers).

Server side improvements
The fleet carrier jump schedule announcement feature is active!
Click on EDMC's File menu, choose settings, then EDR tab and adjust the Fleet Carrier Jump announcement option:
  • Never: no announcement at all
  • Public: announcement in EDR Central (EDR's official discord server) and to your private server(s) if configured (see below)
  • Private: announcement in some private server(s) of your choice (details to be discussed in EDR Central)

If you already have EDR, just launch and quit EDMC to trigger an auto-update. Wait for a minute or so, then relaunch EDMC.
If you don't have EDR, head over to https://edrecon.com/edmc-plugin
If you don't know what EDR is, check https://edrecon.com
If you are still confused, have a 🍺, it's on the house.

v1.1.0 "Moar Diggibling"
EDR should auto-update; if it fails or if you don't have it: see first post on this thread for instructions.

New features
Added Painite and Void Opal tracking to the mining stats feature

Fixes
  • Fixed fight reporting (python 3 compatibility issues).
  • Split reasons for PP related command(s) being unavailable (no account, or not pledged).

Misc
In case you find out about it, I've added a tentative rough take on player driven bounties.
There is no ETA and it's actually not yet functional (mostly client-side commands without the proper server side / hunter integrations).
If you have ideas or concerns, don't hesitate to share them here, via PM or in EDR Central.

v1.2.0 "Thrifty Mantis"
EDR should auto-update; if it fails or if you don't have it: see first post on this thread for instructions.

New features
  • No need to look at that left panel anymore, EDR will now directly show you a NPC/Cmdr's bounty, with stats and graphs similar to the mining stats feature.
  • Fleet Carrier jump announcements: configure a private channel in discord to broadcast your Fleet Carrier jump. In EDMC settings, EDR tab: set announcements to private, and follow the link for instructions.
Misc
  • Switch from custom debug log to EDMC's standard debug log feature
  • Fixed an issue in which Fleet Carrier info was sometimes missing
  • Added key Colonia systems to the search functions for better results in Colonia.
  • Improved code to extract and link to URL posted in chat (links are shown on the EDR status line in EDMC).
  • Improved presence intel reporting
  • Avoid crashing on Linux (thanks to sersorrel@ & alex-williams@)

v1.3.0 "Space Bear"

Target guidance
EDR will display additional info about your target (NPC or other commanders):
  • Hit points percentages, time to 0% | 100%, historical graphs for Shield, Hull, and targeted Subsystem.
  • Size and Class information for the targeted subsystem, e.g. SCB (4A)
edr_1_3_0_target_stats.png

Note: this feature relies on targeting events so here is a trick to get a good visual: select the next subsystem, and immediately select the previous subsystem. You may want to create a macro for this and perhaps combine it with your weapon trigger(s).

Improvements
  • "Depleted" message for mining (upon firing a prospector limpet on an already mined asteroid).
  • Ability to enable/disable each category of messages / visuals on the overlay (see instructions in the igm_config.ini file under the config folder (currently: igm_config.v7.ini)
  • 30+ new points of interest on planets (with lat/long guidance)
  • Adjusted max bounty reward by 4x to reflect recent changes by fdev (bounty hunting graph)

Attachments

• edr_1_3_0_target_stats.png
    edr_1_3_0_target_stats.png
    85.8 KB · Views: 205
Hello, you did really Great work with EDRecon. It's very helpfull plugin. But i need a hint: can i include by my own hand some commodities into overlay showing? Platinum for example?
I was search at edcodex ( some kind ED plugin wiki), github post, google and find nearest help just in this thread.

Last edited:
Hey, thanks for the kind words.
Adding commodities (I imagine for the mining stats), isn't directly supported.

That said the next version is trying to add more supported minerals. I believe that platinum is among the list. I have to do some testing and finish the other features though.

Hey, thanks for the kind words.
Adding commodities (I imagine for the mining stats), isn't directly supported.

That said the next version is trying to add more supported minerals. I believe that platinum is among the list. I have to do some testing and finish the other features though.
Well, i will wait realisation of that features. Sounds great. Good luck at your work and fly safe. Thanks you.

EDR V1.4.0 "Roaring Adder" is out!

EDR should auto-update; if it fails or if you don't have it: see first post for instructions.

Changelog:
  • Discord integration: you can now configure EDR to directly forward in-game messages (sent or received) to a discord server and channels of your choice. Comes with tons of customization options. Some examples: blocking certain commanders or keywords, text to speech, spoiler tag, Inara & EDR profiles, automatically generated avatars, and much much more. This is quite a feature to configure (look in the config sub folder for instructions), so if you are lost come over to EDR central for help. Hat tip to Cmdr Dreyone for the original idea.
  • Known signal sources: shows a summary of known signals (e.g. CZ, RES, Fleet Carriers, etc) on the system map or upon sending the !signals command in chat.
  • Raw materials profiles: looking for mats to refill your FSD or refuel your SRV? Switch the raw materials profile by sending !materials. Also supports custom material profiles.
  • Limpet reminder v2: never leave a station without limpets!
  • Search mats around a specific system: you can now search for materials around a specific system (e.g. !search selenium @deciat)
  • Multi minerals mining stats: supports more minerals (e.g. added platinum, monazite, musgravite)
  • Tons of bug fixes and other improvements

EDR should auto-update itself on shutdown but if you need to grab the latest release: https://github.com/lekeno/edr/releases/latest

Last edited:
EDR v1.6.0 "Apex Backseating" is out

In odyssey, one can find pre-upgraded and even pre-engineered space suits and weapons. These premium items are rare and in limited quantity (i.e. if you buy it, then it's gone for everyone else). EDR 1.6.0 comes with a new !offbeat command meant to help you find these rare items. Here is how it works:

• Send !offbeat via the in-game chat to initiate a search for an "offbeat station"
  • An "offbeat station" is a station that hasn't been visited recently (currently set to at least 2 weeks) and within a 100 LY range of your current location or a system of your choice (!offbeat deciat)
  • By default, EDR will look at stations within 100.000 LS of the star but you can change that value by specifying the system and a max distance (e.g. !offbeat deciat < 7000)
  • I recommend using Apex Taxi to visit these places as you can do something else in the meantime.

Good hunt!

Note: this feature doesn't absolutely guarantee that you will find a rare item at these stations but it does significantly increase the odds.

EDR should auto-update itself on shutdown but if you need to grab the latest release: https://github.com/lekeno/edr/releases/latest

Last edited:
It would be cool if the !offbeat command could be appended with 'planetary', 'outpost', 'orbital' etc. to constrain the search to those station types.

So it could go something like: '!offbeat planetary'

You could make it really fancy and add number of stations in system, & distance from star, and remove any systems that are player controlled :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom