Release EDDI 3.3 - Bring your cockpit to life

Compliments to the Team!

Updating EDDI has become painless in my experience - just hit the button and away it goes.

This cycle was impressive. Whatever the minor bugs were between beta and release never surfaced during using the beta for me.

A big well done !!!

🎊 🎊 🎊 We're pleased to announce that EDDI 3.7.1 is now available for all users from within the app and from https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/releases/download/Release/3.7.1/EDDI-3.7.1.exe. 🍸 🍸 🍸

This release fixes a couple of very minor bugs. There is a small update to the Location script and there is a small update to EDDI.vap.

Full release notes are at https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/blob/Release/3.7.1/EDDI/ChangeLog.md.
Many thanks for the update :)
"There is a small update to the Location script ..."
Q1) Does this mean we need to revert to the default EDDI.json personality script again ?
Q2) If reverting to the default EDDI personality is necessary after an update, could you include that in the release notes ?

Many thanks for the update :)
"There is a small update to the Location script ..."
Q1) Does this mean we need to revert to the default EDDI.json personality script again ?
Q2) If reverting to the default EDDI personality is necessary after an update, could you include that in the release notes ?

It's not a bad idea to restart with the default script, but if you have custom personalities you can also just update any script in a personality by clicking Reset anywhere it's not grayed out. I had a personality for each activity, trade, mining.exploration, combat, etc... so I just killed them all and restarted with the default script and created a new Multipupose script in case I want to start editing again. I think I would have had to manually reset about 150 scripts if I wanted to keep all the personalities I had, so I just decided to start over.

So far, I haven't touched anything from default.

YMMV

Reverting the entire personality after an update is never necessary.

We do want to let you know when we update a script or when the variables available in a script change, however, so that you can decide for yourself whether you would like to make any changes to the scripts in your custom personality.

Default scripts are updated when the defaults change, but your custom scripts are not. If you review the change log and open the Edit script window, there is a button there that allows you to compare a script to the default and inspect the changes. If you like the changes, all you have to do is close the Diff window and hit the Reset button.

An exception apparently occurred while launching the VoiceAttack plugin. Cleaning the install directory and re-installing might work.
If not, you can open a ticket here and share your recent .log files from the %appdata%/EDDI configuration directory and we'll do our best to pinpoint the issue.
Ticket created

Not sure if this is an EDDI issue or VoiceAttack but I only noticed after updating to EDDI 3.7 - is there a way to not get VA to announce conflict zones when they appear in FSS?

Not sure if this is an EDDI issue or VoiceAttack but I only noticed after updating to EDDI 3.7 - is there a way to not get VA to announce conflict zones when they appear in FSS?
The easiest ways to determine that speech is from EDDI rather than from HCS would probably be by
1. swapping the voice used by EDDI so that it is easier to distinguish from your HCS voice or
2. temporarily disabling the HCS plugin and seeing if the issue recurs or
3. turning on the Write copies of speech to the file... option in the Speech Responder and reviewing the output to that file

EDDI's Signal detected default script is designed to anounce all signals found while in FSS or SAA mode, but the script can be customized to omit conflict zones if you wish. You could use the same filter as the current spokenSources or you could create a second filter with modified preferences for FSS mode.

The easiest ways to determine that speech is from EDDI rather than from HCS would probably be by
1. swapping the voice used by EDDI so that it is easier to distinguish from your HCS voice or

I'm not using HCS, just vanilla Voice Attack but i will look at the Signal Detected and spokenSources in EDDI, thanks

As GJ51 says, it is perfectly possible, and many Commanders do use both at the same time. Personally, I don't, but EDDI is very configurable to suit your tastes. The easiest, and most basic, config in EDDI is simply to disable whichever scripts you don't want to hear, using the 'Enabled' check box in the Speech Responder tab (you will need to copy the 'default' personality to active the checkboxes. See below). If you get adventurous, you can then start to edit the scripts yourself to customise them further to suit how you want them.

EDDI is amazing, and adds so much to ED. You will wonder how you ever played without it! ;)

View attachment 192948
Tx! Got it all working. Thinking about how the NPC Vocaliser might work with HCS and EDDI too! :eek:)

There is some crosstalk but it's not a big issue as you can easily focus on one or the other and understand both once you get the volume balance right.

Additionally, you can edit voice responses in EDDI and deselect any you don't want to hear by unchecking responses on the Speech Responder Personality screen.

Using both HCS and EDDI is the best experience once you get it set up the way you like it, but I'm not going to claim that it's an easy task to do the setup. If you're not reasonably good at understanding software and willing to dig into settings, it can be daunting. There are several ways to set volume balances between the Voicepack, EDDI, and ED itself. It also takes some time to understand whick package is actually the source of the voice you're hearing if your voices are similar sounding.

I sometimes have to swap out voices to troubleshoot, but I like similar voices, so I guess I've created my own problem in that regard.

In summary, integrating HCS with EDDI is worth it, but don't expect it to be without a lot of trial and error.

YMMV - I'm not the best software guru here and it may be easier for others than it was for me, but in the end I'm glad I undertook the effort as it now works perfectly for me and generally now updates quite easily.

HTH
Tx. Got it all going. Have you added NPC Vocaliser as well?

An option/quick way to uncheck everything that can be unchecked in the Enabled column of the Speech Responder would be nice in a future release ;)

An option/quick way to uncheck everything that can be unchecked in the Enabled column of the Speech Responder would be nice in a future release ;)

Just toggle the entire plugin with the checkbox at the top:

Capture.PNG

Well that disables the plugin completely which is not what I want to do ... I just want a way to uncheck all the checkboxes in the enablde column that can be unchecked. BUT the plugin still needs to be functional.
In that case please could you expand on your use case? I'm unclear why you would want to disable all the scripts while keeping the plugin enabled.

Edit: ah, so you want all off and then just enable a few of them. OK. That is doable and there is fairly established UI for it.

Top Bottom