Release EDDI 3.3 - Bring your cockpit to life

Sorry, I'm not able to modify my previous post. Since i'm a new member all my post have to be approved. So its not there for me to edit.

I was also wondering how hard it would be to add these as events with a few new variables?

"event":"ModuleStore", "Slot":"Slot04_Size6", "StoredItem":"$int_fighterbay_size6_class1_name;", "StoredItem_Localised":"Fighter Hangar"
"event":"ModuleRetrieve", "Slot":"Slot04_Size6", "RetrievedItem":"$int_fighterbay_size6_class1_name;", "RetrievedItem_Localised":"Fighter Hangar"
"event":"ModuleSell", "Slot":"Slot02_Size7", "SellItem":"$int_cargorack_size7_class1_name;", "SellItem_Localised":"Cargo Rack", "SellPrice":942736,
"event":"ModuleBuy", "Slot":"Slot02_Size7", "BuyItem":"$int_cargorack_size7_class1_name;", "BuyItem_Localised":"Cargo Rack", "BuyPrice":942736,

I'm looking to update the load out of the ship everytime a module change is detected, right now the only event trigger to help with this is the Ships Loadout event.

CMDR Shadow Doctor K
EDDI 2.4.4 includes all of these events.

Sorry, I'm not able to modify my previous post. Since i'm a new member all my post have to be approved. So its not there for me to edit.

I was also wondering how hard it would be to add these as events with a few new variables?

"event":"ModuleStore", "Slot":"Slot04_Size6", "StoredItem":"$int_fighterbay_size6_class1_name;", "StoredItem_Localised":"Fighter Hangar"
"event":"ModuleRetrieve", "Slot":"Slot04_Size6", "RetrievedItem":"$int_fighterbay_size6_class1_name;", "RetrievedItem_Localised":"Fighter Hangar"
"event":"ModuleSell", "Slot":"Slot02_Size7", "SellItem":"$int_cargorack_size7_class1_name;", "SellItem_Localised":"Cargo Rack", "SellPrice":942736,
"event":"ModuleBuy", "Slot":"Slot02_Size7", "BuyItem":"$int_cargorack_size7_class1_name;", "BuyItem_Localised":"Cargo Rack", "BuyPrice":942736,

I'm looking to update the load out of the ship everytime a module change is detected, right now the only event trigger to help with this is the Ships Loadout event.

CMDR Shadow Doctor K

Shadow Doctor,

FYI, the ship load out is automatically updated for all those events.

I'll try them again but when I set them in Voice attack as ((EDDI <event>)) using the event name from the journal log, and a few different variations it doesn't automatically fire off events. Also haven't found any documentation on the requested events if they were added in 2.4.4, or their variables. Do you mean that EDDI automatically resolves the store, retrieve, buy and sell events and updates the tokens for Voice attack? I'd be interested in find out how it works cause if that is how it should work its not working correctly for me. Anything that is "not set" shows as Hull Reenforcement 5D. I've have tried setting the variables for ships compartments to set a "set text" command prior to the write to log command clearing the token and it still resolves as Hull Reenforcement 5D, I pull the EDDI variable and set it to a internal VA variable then read it, I clear the Internal token prior to write. I'd be willing to share the code i'm running privately for trouble shooting if needed.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction with the Discord. I use the GitHub documentation that is posted right now.

I'll also see if I can find a correct place to bring this up within the discord and the GitHub also.

Again thank you for all your help,

Shadow Doctor K

Ah I just had a little idea about the "message received" customization. Is it possible to have different TTS voices for different senders? Just an idea that popped into my head

Ah I just had a little idea about the "message received" customization. Is it possible to have different TTS voices for different senders? Just an idea that popped into my head
At the moment, no. But that is an area where we want to explore our options.

Tried downloading this a few times now but every time it says the archive is corrupt.

Hi everyone!

Finally, after a lot of hard work, I am proud to present the latest version of 'Darkcyde's Defaults v4.0' for EDDI 2.4.2!

I was hoping to have these released a couple of weeks ago, but I got into upgrading the AutoRoute plotting functions, and that took a lot longer than I had hoped.

Please read the ChangeLog as there is a lot of updated and new stuff since my last release. It also contains important information regarding the AutoRoute function and needing VA to use it.

I've removed the folders with the text versions of the scripts as they were getting too much for me to remember to keep updated. If you're not using my profile, and just want to add some of the scripts to your own, then just load up my EDDI profile and copy any script you need into your own profile.

I've also added some text files with instructions and more information on some of the systems in use in my profile. I hope they are of some use to people.

You can download the new version from the link in my signature, or click here

Enjoy, Commanders! o7

-=] Darkcyde [=-

With the version 2.4.4 EDDI stopped giving hints as tot he landing pad location. The corresponding speech responder action doesn't seem to kcik in (but it is in the list and checked.)

I am just trying to get used to the functionality of EDDI and VA and so I followed the tutorial on YouTube on getting EDDI to raise landing gear when undocking. I checked over the info a number of times to make sure I didn't make a mistake but I can't seem to get this to work. I followed the example to the letter but the landing gear stays down on leaving the station.

Last edited:
Is it me, or is 2.4.4 volume lower than usual ? It's aactually hard to hear over the game.

Pretty sure that's you, commander. Same volume here.

I am just trying to get used to the functionality of EDDI and VA and so I followed the tutorial on YouTube on getting EDDI to raise landing gear when undocking. I checked over the info a number of times to make sure I didn't make a mistake but I can't seem to get this to work. I followed the example to the letter but the landing gear stays down on leaving the station.

Can you give the URL for that tutorial please? It might be out of date. My colleagues T'kael and Hoodathunk are more au fait with VA automation and will be able to comment.

With the version 2.4.4 EDDI stopped giving hints as tot he landing pad location. The corresponding speech responder action doesn't seem to kcik in (but it is in the list and checked.)

Just tested it at Jameson Memorial, Shinrarta Dezhra with a vanilla 2.4.4 build and the default EDDI personality and it worked. But I have seen this before: it may be dependent on the records EDDB has for the station in question.

If you can consistently reproduce it with a given station I'd welcome a bug report at https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/issues

o7

Here's a link to the tutorial I found and used. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQbR8SfCTRk

That video is still valid, but it doesn't describe how to set up the initial integration with VoiceAttack so let's check that.

When VoiceAttack first starts, you should see the following log entry appear in VoiceAttack: "Plugin 'EDDI 2.4.4' initialized." (as seen at the very beginning of the linked video)
If that log entry does not appear then there is a problem with the integration between VoiceAttack and EDDI. Please:
1. verify that EDDI is installed in the 'Apps' directory of your VoiceAttack installation as described here.
2. verify that 'Enable Plugin Support' is checked in VoiceAttack's settings.

EDDI is installed correctly as I have been using it for weeks now. If I run the "Configure EDDI" command from VA I get the options panel open and all the other functions are working fine.

Just to be sure. In the tutorial the command uses the “L” key to retract the landing gear. Do you use the same key in Elite ? If not change the key press command in your VA-command.
And did you make sure in the VA command you used lowercase for undocked like
((EDDI undocked))

Last edited:
Tried again without success. Can someone please confirm if this file is corrupt or not. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ihpqq513sk8cf51/Darkcyde's Defaults 2.4.2 v4.0.rar?dl=0#

Also there is an error box at the top of the Dropbox window that says "there was an error downloading your file"

Not having problems with any other files I've downloaded but this one is corrupt. It will download a file but if I try to unpack it WinRAR tells me the file doesn't exist or it's invalid.

Last edited:
I noticed that the landing pad announcement doesn't happen for Asteroid stations. Is there any clue as to what the identifier is for these stations so that we can have them do the landing pad announcement as well?

I am having an odd issue of EDDI not seeming to recognize that I own a Federal Corvette. It is not in the ship monitor, When I change the name, it seems to acknowledge it somewhat by stating the ID tag I've given it, but not the name and when I switch to and and from it it says something like "parking your federal underscore corvette and ..."

I've disassociated and re-associated my frontier account, disabled and enabled the shipyard plugin between runs of the game.

I use EDDI in plugin form with voice attack.

Anyone report anything similar? Seems to be the only ship that I own that this happens.

Thank you in advance

Top Bottom