Release EDEngineer - an overlay to track your blueprint progress in realtime

you can resize the shopping list panel by dragging the red horizontal splitter and the scrollbar should appear so you can see the entire shopping list whatever its size is

Hi,
thanks for this great tool!

How do I manually unlock Modules/Engineers? I already have most of the Guardian Modules and Engineers, but it doesn´t show in EDEngineer.

keep up the good work!
thx
Neubsi

I’d also like to know how to do this as I’ve unlocked most of the Engineers before using EDEngineer.

first off, I can't imagine going mat farming without EDEngineer, and now that it's synced with Coriolis, it's g amazing!

BUT - and I'm putting money on me being a Luddite idjit, I can't seem to get the "shopping list" portion of the list to scroll? So I've had to go to microscopic font sizes to see the list. Am I missing something?

29587102688_61ce3e790e_c.jpg

first off, I can't imagine going mat farming without EDEngineer, and now that it's synced with Coriolis, it's g amazing!

BUT - and I'm putting money on me being a Luddite idjit, I can't seem to get the "shopping list" portion of the list to scroll? So I've had to go to microscopic font sizes to see the list. Am I missing something?

You need to pull the list down by dragging the red line at the top down then the scroll bar will be shown.

dRxhrfw.png

Last edited:
App marked as Ransomware by Malwarebytes

Hello Commander HG,

I went to install your highly recommended program from the github site, and as soon as I tried to run it, Malwarebytes halted it's execution and removed it, calling it Ransomware.
I'm of course concerned, any time a malware protection suite as reliable as Malwarebytes calls out a program in that way, you immediately get rid of it. Yet I've also seen false-positives.

Would love to use the app, but wondering if you'd heard this reported before?

-Val Spar

Any idea when EDEngineer will be updated for the new Guardian Forumula?

Or has my EDEngineer stopped auto updating? It used to auto-update on startup but I haven't seen it do it for a while.

MODULES

Guardian Power Plant

1 Guardian Module Blueprint Segment
18 Guardian Power Conduit
21 Pattern Epsilon Obelisk Data
15 Heat Resistant Ceramics
10 Energy Grid Assembly

Guardian Shield Reinforcement

17 Guardian Power Cell
20 Guardian Technology Component
24 Pattern Delta Obelisk Data
8 Hardware Diagnostic Sensor

Guardian Hull Reinforcement

21 Guardian Sentinel Wreckage Components
16 Pattern Beta Obelisk Data
16 Pattern Gamma Obelist Data
12 Reinforced Mounting Plate

Guardian Power Distributor

20 Pattern Alpha Obelisk Data
24 Guardian Power Cell
18 Phase Alloys
6 Heatsink Interlink

Guardian FSD Booster

21 Guardian Power Cell
21 Guardian Technology Component
24 Focus Crystals
8 HN Shock Mount

Guardian Module Reinforcement

18 Guardian Sentinelt Wreckage Components
15 Pattern Epsilon Obelisk Data
20 Guardian Power Conduit
9 Reinforced Mounting Plate

WEAPONS

Guardian Plasma Charger Fixed Class 2

18 Guardian Power Conduit
10 Guardian Sentinel Weapon Parts
14 Chromium
8 Micro-Weave Coolong Hoses

Guardian Plasma Charger Fixed Class 3

1 Guardian Weapon Blueprint Segment
28 Guardian Power Conduit
20 Guardian Sentinel Weapon Parts
28 Chromium
10 Micro-Weave Coolong Hoses

Guardian Plasma Charger Turreted Class 2

2 Guardian Weapon Blueprint Segment
21 Guardian Power Conduit
20 Guardian Sentinelt Weapon Parts
16 Chromium
8 Articulation Motors

Guardian Plasma Charger Turreted Class 3

20 Guardian Power Conduit
24 Guardian Sentinel Weapon Parts
28 Chromium
10 Articulation Motors

Guardian Shard Cannon Fixed Class 2

20 Guardian Sentinel Wreckage Components
18 Guardian Technology Component
14 Carbon
12 Power Transfer Bus

Guardian Shard Cannon Fixed Class 3

20 Guardian Sentinelt Wreckage Components
28 Guardian Technology Component
20 Carbon
18 Micro Controllers

Guardian Shard Cannon Turreted Class 2

16 Guardian Sentinel Wreckage Components
15 Carbon
12 Micro Controllers

Guardian Shard Cannon Turreted Class 3

20 Guardian Sentinel Wreckage Components
28 Guardian Technology Component
28 Carbon
12 Micro Controllers

Guardian Gauss Cannon Fixed Class 2

18 Guardian Power Cell
15 Manganese
6 Magnetic Emitter Coil

Last edited:
yeah I think those should already be in the app since quite a while now

make sure you have the latest version and your filters are properly configured

image.png

First time I ever noticed that dinky little menu icon. Thank you... 1.0.9.2 is my version. Looks like I need an update.

I'm on v1.1.3.4 and everything seems fine but not the voice notification that used to work before. In the settings menu -> configure notifications all I get is a small window where I can chose None/Toast/Voice (which is checked) and Available Voices. Sometime ago the settings menu brought up a more complex window with all available materials and a per material check for notifications. Has this changed in the meantime or is my copy broken?

On a positive note I've also lost the windows warning each time I fire up EDEngineer. Hope there's nothing to worry about?

Btw, what does "Toast" mean as this never seemed to work for me?

The more complex window you're referring to is the thresholds window that helped configure limits to each material but it's not relevant anymore now that you can store hundreds of each materials (instead of a shared maximum).
The toast notifications used to work but a Windows Update broke my implementation but this is how it used to show :
687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f594255506865462e706e67

I wanted the meta-alloy hull reinforcements because I thought they sounded cool (never mind about that) thurns out they need 25 focus crystals, not 15. Just a small update, I wouldn't have been able to track all the parts I needed without EDE anyway. :D Really nice that the app keeps all the info in one place instead of hunting around inara or eddb or the forums.

Greetings

Installed this program and it seemed to run ok but everything is blank as in no commodities /materials or data and it says "CMDR default" in the commanders section at the top.

I'm currently playing in beta because I have been away from the game for over a year or so, Trying to get myself up to speed before I go live again.

Any idea WTH hell is happening?

Greetings

Installed this program and it seemed to run ok but everything is blank as in no commodities /materials or data and it says "CMDR default" in the commanders section at the top.

I'm currently playing in beta because I have been away from the game for over a year or so, Trying to get myself up to speed before I go live again.

Any idea WTH hell is happening?
EDEngineer may not be configured to parse beta journal files (I'm not certain how these are handled)?

EDEngineer may not be configured to parse beta journal files (I'm not certain how these are handled)?

So you reckon me being in beta is the problem? I'll jump into the standard game see if something different happens.

Thanks for the reply.

(edit) Indeed it does not work in the beta! I loaded into my main account and sure enough it now says my CMDR name.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Anybody else getting "something went wrong with parsing your logs" since 3.3 went lilve? Tried a clean reinstall. If it's happening to everyone I'll just wait for a new version.

Top Bottom