Release EDEngineer - an overlay to track your blueprint progress in realtime

Seems odd, nothing comes to mind as obvious.

Mine's installed in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Max

I'm pretty sure that's the default.

If "View Commanders is compressed at the top, expand it and check to make sure the proper commander is selected.

Re-boot PC, Open ED to make sure it's running properly. Can't think of anything else that could be done.

Also - there's a line at the bottom of the settings window to reload all data. Give that a try. Settings is at the far right - small gear wheel. Current version is v1.1.6.13

HTH

Seems odd, nothing comes to mind as obvious.

Mine's installed in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Max

I'm pretty sure that's the default.

If "View Commanders is compressed at the top, expand it and check to make sure the proper commander is selected.

Re-boot PC, Open ED to make sure it's running properly. Can't think of anything else that could be done.

Also - there's a line at the bottom of the settings window to reload all data. Give that a try. Settings is at the far right - small gear wheel. Current version is v1.1.6.13

HTH
The View commanders dropdown just shows "Default CMDR" It is not reading my savegame log files. The target directory is correct. I just uninstalled it again, completely removed all searchable EDEngineer instances in files...will reinstall and try again.

If that doesn't work, then the only obvious thing would be to verify that ED is installed in the default directories and the data is there. If it is, then all that would be left is to look at permissions and verify that EDE has permission to read the directory.

If that is all verified, it's above my paygrade...

The View commanders dropdown just shows "Default CMDR" It is not reading my savegame log files. The target directory is correct. I just uninstalled it again, completely removed all searchable EDEngineer instances in files...will reinstall and try again.
You're not alone, been having the same issue here since Odyssey patch 7 (or the hotfix that came right after, can't remember if there was one or not right now). Friend of mine had the same problem pop up at the same time on his computer. Tried resetting, reimporting and reinstalling. Nothing works, it won't sync. It used to load my settings but not sync, now I just get the "default commander" same as you. Haven't tried going back 3 or so point releases on EDEngineer to see if that would work, but I haven't really looked for older versions if they're even available. Friend says it's a known issue and the third party app devs are waiting for Frontier to fix something before they even try updating their programs at this point as things keep breaking. Personally, I've searched over and over and can't find anything to confirm this so I just have go on the search results Google is giving him and not me for some reason.

I had just set up my new computer and only had EDEngineer working correctly for about a week before it broke...I feel like I'm flying with my eyes closed right now.

I was able install by changing
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings]
"DisableCachingOfSSLPages"=dword:00000001 to 00000000

I've been playing with on-foot gear for so long I forgot some things about ship engineering. How many "Generate Modification" for each level does it take to move to the next level? I seem to remember Level 1 is One, L2 is 2?, L3 is 4? L4 is 6? L5 is 8?

It would be nice to have that data in the app (if it's not already there somewhere), and a neat addition would be clicking the + sign on the shopping list to have it automatically add the correct number of modifications required to move to the next level. Just a thought...
It's a great app!
Cheers

As far as I remember it can be variable? Which is one of the things FD is considering for engineers overhaul.
Yep. It can be anywhere from 4 (I honestly rolled a full G5 Pacifier in 4 rolls just now!!) to 12. On average for me it’s 8-10, so 10 is the safest bet.

For me, it's
L1 = 1
L2 = 2
L3 = 4
L4 = 6
L5 = 10
Am I doing it wrong or else?

It seems you don't need to complete the current level to unlock to next level... L1 should complete in 1 roll 99%, but starting from L2, the next level will unlock if your roll get it pass like 50%, then you can skip the current level and go straight to roll next level.

What I keep doing is like:
L1 = 1
L2 = 2
L3 = 2
L4 = 3 or 4
L5 = 10

Or do I get penalty on performance for skipping levels?

Hi. I can't launch ed engineer anymore ever since I upgraded to Odyssey. It's just spins and spins in the start page. Does anyone else has faced this issue.

Top Bottom