EDProfiler - A New Display Switcher/Robust Settings Profiler/Switcher/Detector!

Code:
System.InvalidCastException: La conversion de la chaîne "-0.124898" en type 'Double' n'est pas valide. ---> System.FormatException: Le format de la chaîne d'entrée est incorrect.
   à Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
   à Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)

program fails to read numbers after that. It may be a locale aware bug as : "fr_FR" locale says -0,124898 but Elite stores numbers in "C" locale in XML files (standard). As we're not under Linux, I cannot run the program with LANG=C prefix :D

Code:
System.InvalidCastException: La conversion de la chaîne "-0.124898" en type 'Double' n'est pas valide. ---> System.FormatException: Le format de la chaîne d'entrée est incorrect.
   à Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
   à Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)

program fails to read numbers after that. It may be a locale aware bug as : "fr_FR" locale says -0,124898 but Elite stores numbers in "C" locale in XML files (standard). As we're not under Linux, I cannot run the program with LANG=C prefix :D

I just fixed that! Download and install again, version 1.0.2.1 should be fixed for all countries :)

http://www.drkaii.com/tools/edprofiler

(let me know please)

Read is now ok but Apply does this :

Code:
System.FormatException: Le format de la chaîne d'entrée est incorrect.
   à System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   à System.Number.ParseDecimal(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
   à System.Decimal.Parse(String s)
   à EDProfiler.EDPMainForm.Apply()
   à EDProfiler.EDPMainForm.Button_Apply_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Thanks ;-)
No virus'! Baroness Galaxy has seen the code, ask him ;)
Read is now ok but Apply does this :

Code:
System.FormatException: Le format de la chaîne d'entrée est incorrect.
   à System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   à System.Number.ParseDecimal(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
   à System.Decimal.Parse(String s)
   à EDProfiler.EDPMainForm.Apply()
   à EDProfiler.EDPMainForm.Button_Apply_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Fixed, please download 1.0.2.2 :)

Sorry, I had made a silly mistake, thanks for letting me know

www.drkaii.com/tools/edprofiler/

EDIT: There is still a minor problem with Terrain Sampler Quality and SSAA in the way they display, I will work on that. For now the other problem is solved

Hey DrKai

One thing you could add is being able to zoom out further than allowed in ED (Field of view). Before the rift I had it set similar to Obsidian Ant (where you see much more than the the HUD in the corners of the screen), but each time I switch to the Rift it resets to the maximum allowed field of view.

Cheers

Well, same exception launched, I just change screen definition from 1920x1200 to 1920x1080 and apply.
No problem waiting for me, you can take your time [yesnod]

Hey DrKai

One thing you could add is being able to zoom out further than allowed in ED (Field of view). Before the rift I had it set similar to Obsidian Ant (where you see much more than the the HUD in the corners of the screen), but each time I switch to the Rift it resets to the maximum allowed field of view.

Cheers
Not sure what you mean? The FOV settings can't be applied to any HMD mode, unfortunately, only 2D modes (and that is already in the app). Maybe I'm not understanding, explain again :)
Well, same exception launched, I just change screen definition from 1920x1200 to 1920x1080 and apply.
No problem waiting for me, you can take your time [yesnod]

Ok download it one more time Kawazu, it's 100% fixed and tested. You will get the exception because currently your custom.fxcfg file is set wrong. What you do to fix it is this:

1. Open the newly updated app (1.0.2.3): www.drkaii.com/tools/edprofiler/
2. Make sure the Super Sampling and Terrain Work settings are set to something (anything)
3. Hit apply.
4. Delete any of your profiles (sorry)

It should all be working now!

It pleases me to make this region friendly, really does :)

Not sure what you mean? The FOV settings can't be applied to any HMD mode, unfortunately, only 2D modes (and that is already in the app). Maybe I'm not understanding, explain again :)

Yes, there's no FOV change in the Rift, but if I want to go back to using my monitor or a projector I'd be nice to be able to have a larger FOV instead of manually changing the settings in the background. I think the game FOV slider allows up to the number 60, where you can go up to 75 or 90 somethingorothers

Yes, there's no FOV change in the Rift, but if I want to go back to using my monitor or a projector I'd be nice to be able to have a larger FOV instead of manually changing the settings in the background. I think the game FOV slider allows up to the number 60, where you can go up to 75 or 90 somethingorothers

Yes the tool has an FOV box and you can put anything up to 120 :)

Ok download it one more time Kawazu, it's 100% fixed and tested. You will get the exception because currently your custom.fxcfg file is set wrong. What you do to fix it is this:

1. Open the newly updated app (1.0.2.3): www.drkaii.com/tools/edprofiler/
2. Make sure the Super Sampling and Terrain Work settings are set to something (anything)
3. Hit apply.
4. Delete any of your profiles (sorry)

It should all be working now!

It pleases me to make this region friendly, really does :)

What ? Localization isn't [wacky] when coding ? I learnt a little bit of programming years ago and still remember how fun and painful it can be at the same time.
I didn't create any profiles as I discovered this program 1h30 ago.

For debugging purpose in case you need it : (I use winmerge with the backup I made)
In custom.fxcfg :
- LODDistanceScale and HMDPixelsPerDisplayPixel are integers instead of a floating points when set to 1
more generally :
- floating numbers have 4 decimals digits instead of 6 (rounded)
- booleans are capitalized
I think this is in the XML import/export engine isn't it ?

Detect current settings gives "Model Draw Distance", "HMD Image Quality" and "Terrain sampler Quality" as empty fields while they are not :

<LODDistanceScale>1.000000</LODDistanceScale>
<TerrainQuality>3</TerrainQuality>
<HMDPixelsPerDisplayPixel>1.000000</HMDPixelsPerDisplayPixel>

My keyboard settings are located in custom.1.8.binds but I've got custom and custom.0.8. EDProfiler sets it to 0.8 by default (I can't find anywhere to detect this). Someone I know also have 1.8 and <none> while 1.8 is used.

I launched Elite (1.1 GB at 250kB/s takes some time ^^ ) entered settings panel and "applied" : it crashed EDProfiler with IO exception. (Windows message)
When I checked back numbers they where back to x.yyyyyy format.

Hope this helps, thank you for your efforts and your program. [up]

What ? Localization isn't [wacky] when coding ? I learnt a little bit of programming years ago and still remember how fun and painful it can be at the same time.
I didn't create any profiles as I discovered this program 1h30 ago.

For debugging purpose in case you need it : (I use winmerge with the backup I made)
In custom.fxcfg :
- LODDistanceScale and HMDPixelsPerDisplayPixel are integers instead of a floating points when set to 1
more generally :
- floating numbers have 4 decimals digits instead of 6 (rounded)
- booleans are capitalized
I think this is in the XML import/export engine isn't it ?

Detect current settings gives "Model Draw Distance", "HMD Image Quality" and "Terrain sampler Quality" as empty fields while they are not :

<LODDistanceScale>1.000000</LODDistanceScale>
<TerrainQuality>3</TerrainQuality>
<HMDPixelsPerDisplayPixel>1.000000</HMDPixelsPerDisplayPixel>

My keyboard settings are located in custom.1.8.binds but I've got custom and custom.0.8. EDProfiler sets it to 0.8 by default (I can't find anywhere to detect this). Someone I know also have 1.8 and <none> while 1.8 is used.

I launched Elite (1.1 GB at 250kB/s takes some time ^^ ) entered settings panel and "applied" : it crashed EDProfiler with IO exception. (Windows message)
When I checked back numbers they where back to x.yyyyyy format.

Hope this helps, thank you for your efforts and your program. [up]

Those settings work on mine, I don't understand what is wrong with your system. Those fields are probably empty because the program is throwing an exception before it gets to them. Please email your custom.fxcfg to me: kaii@dr.com

I've tested and it works perfectly on a French system (and I've had that confirmed by more than one)

It took a while through some trial and error testing before Dr Kaii released the tool, but the in-game slider goes from 54.32 to 60. Changing the parameter files manually, anything below 54.32 seems to result in the same FOV as 54.32. The maximum you can go to is 120 (though it looks really weird!) and any figure aboive that is converetd back to 120 -so thats what EDProfiler allows as your range

Tried the tool last night and have a unique problem.

I have three Elite installs, one for each account. Two Frontier, one Steam. The tool only picks up one and does not let me add the others. I can run the launcher independently, but would be nice to choose accounts as I do not use VR for my main account for exploration.

Also, if I use the tool and keep it active after changing the settings (1920x1080, fullscreen for Vive) then start E: D, the screen still reverts to windowed 1280 x 720 on game launch. That non-persistent screen settings in VR are a bug and has been reported, but FYI.

Top Bottom