Release EDSM - Elite Dangerous Star Map

Hello Cmdrs
I've not long did the console to pc transfer, I'm now playing on the PC, but EDSM only uploads info from my console account. Do I have to delete that account and create a new account?

Hello Cmdrs
I've not long did the console to pc transfer, I'm now playing on the PC, but EDSM only uploads info from my console account. Do I have to delete that account and create a new account?

You should be able to enter the API keys from your current account into a program like EDDiscovery or EDMC and that will update to that account, at least that's how I believe it should work, I am sure someone will come along and correct me later if I am wrong.

You should be able to enter the API keys from your current account into a program like EDDiscovery or EDMC and that will update to that account, at least that's how I believe it should work, I am sure someone will come along and correct me later if I am wrong.
You are wrong (if my mind doesn't trick me). EDSM has two types of accounts: PC ones and Console ones.
Either delete your account, or join the EDSM Discord and ask Anthor if he can convert your account to a PC one so you're able to send data (using a third-party app) using that account.

You are wrong (if my mind doesn't trick me). EDSM has two types of accounts: PC ones and Console ones.
Either delete your account, or join the EDSM Discord and ask Anthor if he can convert your account to a PC one so you're able to send data (using a third-party app) using that account.

Ah ok thanks, I thought it was just a matter of the API key, oh well, the more you know the more find out you don't actually know!

Ok, so I transferred from console to pc, but now I cant get edsm to work.
I deleted my edsm-account that was linked to console, and started a new one for my pc-account, using frontier authorisation.
The thing is, nothing happens. it refreshes every 10 seconds, but nothing syncs. It's the correct commander name, and email, and everything, but no data is being dowloaded. Inara works flawless, and the frontier ID is the same on inara and edsm.
anyone know what i might have done wrong?
I dont use eddiscovery or any other "addons", only edsm. When I played on console, it downloaded data every 30 seconds, and everything i did in the game, kept showing up in edsm.
But now when im trying to do the same on my new pc-account. it wont work.

Im greatful for any help I can get.

Ok, so I transferred from console to pc, but now I cant get edsm to work.
I deleted my edsm-account that was linked to console, and started a new one for my pc-account, using frontier authorisation.
The thing is, nothing happens. it refreshes every 10 seconds, but nothing syncs. It's the correct commander name, and email, and everything, but no data is being dowloaded. Inara works flawless, and the frontier ID is the same on inara and edsm.
anyone know what i might have done wrong?
I dont use eddiscovery or any other "addons", only edsm. When I played on console, it downloaded data every 30 seconds, and everything i did in the game, kept showing up in edsm.
But now when im trying to do the same on my new pc-account. it wont work.

Im greatful for any help I can get.
It must be really hard to resist the urge to read the few last post in this thread to see if this very recent event has brought up this issue before.

It must be really hard to resist the urge to read the few last post in this thread to see if this very recent event has brought up this issue before.
Hmm, yeah, well, here’s an idea: maybe, just maybe, you could try, I know it’s hard, but you could just try to ignore posts that doesn’t interest you. Ive been googling like crazy trying to find the answer, and was just about to give up when I found this thread and asked instead of reading 137 pages.
The helpful answer I got, not yours, solved the problem for me. I’m glad I wrote here and asked. I wish you a lovely morning/day/evening wherever you are. Take care.

No really: You found this thread. And the very same issue you had was the last issue another human posted here. It's not about reading 137 pages. It's about reading the last 4 posts on the last page.
As you can see in this thread (ah you didn't read anything so you can't) I'm actually intersted in the problems posted here, but sometimes (yes really just sometimes) I'm so amazed by the lazyness of people that I can't hold back my amazement.

No really: You found this thread. And the very same issue you had was the last issue another human posted here. It's not about reading 137 pages. It's about reading the last 4 posts on the last page.
As you can see in this thread (ah you didn't read anything so you can't) I'm actually intersted in the problems posted here, but sometimes (yes really just sometimes) I'm so amazed by the lazyness of people that I can't hold back my amazement.
Ok, well, sorry for disturbing your peace. Take care.

yep It only uses CAPI access for console players as they don't have uploading function...
For PC it requires third party add-ons or manual uploads of completed log files from the days before...
View attachment 285905
You can do it manualy or use tools like limpet journal web site to auto mate uploads if you dont want to install addons to the PC.. (aka its a work issued PC or you play via geforce now )

Where is the journal found?

Any luck?
Yes, I got a very fast response from the Author, then it was just a case of linking my Frontier account with EDSM. All is good now. BTW you might want to install ED Market connector and insert the API from EDSM into ED Market Connector

I am heading out into the black this morning, first time in the last year.

There use to be a setting that allowed you to not share your discoveries until you docked at a station. I cannot find that setting anywhere. Is this setting still available?

I am heading out into the black this morning, first time in the last year.

There use to be a setting that allowed you to not share your discoveries until you docked at a station. I cannot find that setting anywhere. Is this setting still available?

Still there I think, you can delay uploading data until you dock and sell it. I suppose your other option is to just not run any program that does upload data then fire it up after you dock but that's a bit of a handicap sometimes.

Still there I think, you can delay uploading data until you dock and sell it. I suppose your other option is to just not run any program that does upload data then fire it up after you dock but that's a bit of a handicap sometimes.

You can untick the send to EDSM in EDDiscovery - then when you tick it I suppose it passes all the data to EDSM?

I have been though all the available tabs in available settings tabs for my profile and that setting is no where to be found!

If it is there I either cannot see it or for some reason it is not available in my profile settings.

I have been though all the available tabs in available settings tabs for my profile and that setting is no where to be found!

If it is there I either cannot see it or for some reason it is not available in my profile settings.

Just checked myself and you are correct, EDDiscovery doesn't seem to have that option, I thought it did, but I may have been confused, you see while looking around I see EDmarketconnector (EDMC) does have that function, to only upload data once docked so I may have been confusing the two. Since it's recommended to not upload data from two or more programs you could run EDDiscovery with the upload function turned off and just use EDMC to automatically upload the data after you dock.

Top Bottom