Release EDSM - Elite Dangerous Star Map

I feel a little silly for asking and I'm terribly sorry if it's been asked and answered a million times but does anyone know how to search for friends on EDSM?
About two years ago I managed to come up with a work-around by writing a new logbook entry and letting my friend catch it on the EDSM front page. I simply haven't been able to find a 'Search' button anywhere the four and half year I've had my EDSM account.
TIA

I feel a little silly for asking and I'm terribly sorry if it's been asked and answered a million times but does anyone know how to search for friends on EDSM?
About two years ago I managed to come up with a work-around by writing a new logbook entry and letting my friend catch it on the EDSM front page. I simply haven't been able to find a 'Search' button anywhere the four and half year I've had my EDSM account.
TIA

Well there's a "friends list" on the dashboard which should list all your friends, not sure what a search for friends function would add to that.

What I mean is how do you search for a cmdr name to add to your friends list.

Ah, you don't, EDSM doesn't store a list of all CMDRS in the game, only the CMDRS registered to EDSM, as such it would be pointless, you would never know whether the CMDR you were searching for just wasn't a member of EDSM or didn't exist at all. What EDSM does is grab the friend requests people make in game by reading the data from the uploaded journal entries and adds them to the friends list in EDSM. It would also be pushing privacy a bit to publish a searchable list of all names of CMDRS registered to EDSM, what if some players didn't want thier name listed to be searchable?

Ah that absolutely makes sense. So we just have to accept a friend request in game and it will appear in EDSM too.
Thank you very much for explaining that to me. It’s been bugging me for years 😆

Ah that absolutely makes sense. So we just have to accept a friend request in game and it will appear in EDSM too.
Thank you very much for explaining that to me. It’s been bugging me for years 😆

As long as they are also a member of course, don't think it will work with non-members, but I haven't tested that.

Been away since 2018, Now I wonder that there is a difference between EDSM abt. 21800 Hyperjemps showing and ED shows over 26 k jumps. Is there a chance to align this-
Sorry of my bad English. Pictures attached
Konsole _ EDSM - Elite Dangerous Star Map – Mozilla Firefox 23.03.2023 08_44_40.png
Konsole _ EDSM - Elite Dangerous Star Map – Mozilla Firefox 23.03.2023 08_49_12.png

Elite Dangerous itself records all the jumps you have taken since the game was first played by you, not sure what year you started playing, but EDSM can only report the number of jumps reported since the journal started recording these things and there was a way to upload them, so there will be a difference between the two for most players who have played for a long time. There's no way to reconcile these things because journal records for hyper jumps simply didn't exist once you go back far enough.

EDSM reports 55,437 jumps for me, ED itself records 60,490. By the way, that's the number of visited system you have there, not the number of jumps, the two are different, my number on that page of the codex says 56,458, you need to go to statistics and exploration to get the actual number of jumps, which will always be larger than the number of systems visited because you will have visited many systems more than once.

The Statistics event of the journal does have it, is EDSM not using it?

JSON:
{
  "timestamp": "2023-03-18T12:57:50Z",
  "event": "Statistics",
  "Exploration": {
    "Systems_Visited": 5599,
    "Total_Hyperspace_Jumps": 6840,
  },
}
/edit: But I found visited and jumped are two different values.

Last edited:
Elite Dangerous itself records all the jumps you have taken since the game was first played by you, not sure what year you started playing, but EDSM can only report the number of jumps reported since the journal started recording these things and there was a way to upload them, so there will be a difference between the two for most players who have played for a long time. There's no way to reconcile these things because journal records for hyper jumps simply didn't exist once you go back far enough.

EDSM reports 55,437 jumps for me, ED itself records 60,490. By the way, that's the number of visited system you have there, not the number of jumps, the two are different, my number on that page of the codex says 56,458, you need to go to statistics and exploration to get the actual number of jumps, which will always be larger than the number of systems visited because you will have visited many systems more than once.
Thanks Varonica ffor the quick and complete answer!

The Statistics event of the journal does have it, is EDSM not using it?

The problem is the statistic event doesn't have a record of the source and destination of the jump, the date and etc, Everything in EDSM is drawn from the journals as reported by whatever program you are using. This data is the data on jumps is the data the player has reported to EDSM, the data FDEV have on each CMDR is different because it's taken from the player database stored on their servers, which we obviously don't have access to. The statistic data as used in the profile in EDSM is just a direct copy of the statistics page in the Codex and does indeed tell me I have done 60,490 jumps, but that's all it does, essentially it's useless for recording data, it's just a number with no other data, I can't for instance, use that to look up systems I visited on my first few days of playing because this data doesn't exist in my journals.

So the data Deamawa is looking at on the EDSM console is the number of jumps reported to EDSM, the number on the profile page is just a copy of the codex statistics page and serves no really useful purpose, it's always available in game anyway, I didn't even remember it was there, I never look at it because it is available in game.

I recently uploaded a number of journal files to EDSM, but in the middle of doing so, an update interrupted the upload. Is there anyway of seeing which files were successfully uploaded so that I do not upload the same files again?

I recently uploaded a number of journal files to EDSM, but in the middle of doing so, an update interrupted the upload. Is there anyway of seeing which files were successfully uploaded so that I do not upload the same files again?

It builds a log of stars visited called "my flight log" available when you log in, you can check there to see what the latest system listed is and the date visited and then check the dates in the journals to see what journals have been fully uploaded. That's probably one way to do it, there may be more but I don't know of any.

Hello everyone, is there a way to have your EDSM account recovered?
I have been away for a bit from the game due to marriage, child and so forth and haven't kept up with the game.
Now I've just read my account deactivation/deletion email and I've got struck by a sad feeling.
I tried recreating it with the same email hoping to see again all my data but nothing.
Is there a way to bring it back to life?

Thanks everyone!

Please, reply me about a little thing.
I want to get estimated scan system value for multiple systems. Is there a way, to do it with single GET request?
it s about EDSM api.
Or, if there another vay to get systems info from database, can you tell me about it?

Top Bottom