Patch Notes Update Elite: Dangerous 1.2.07 incoming

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
No playtime this lunchtime for me if the updates out.

If I remember correctly a level 1 is the ping, level 2 is a normal scan of the surface and level 3 is a detailed scan of the surface.

Michael

woohoo, hope it's for past scans too :) I don't do much explorification.

My preferred tactic is to boost in a maximum speed - they don't have time to scan you :)

Michael

Mine too, with FA off and silent running to boot :)

pls make the docking computer very expensive to use, make it so it costs you 30% of your cargo @ 100 cargo and 50 % @ 500 cargo.

This wiil reward people that do it themselves pls thx

My preferred tactic is to boost in a maximum speed - they don't have time to scan you :)

Michael

Seriously......How am i going to boost my T9 into a station, there is more chance of me crashing into the letterbox or the back of the station.
This is a stupid idea....At least give us a time limit to dock and pay off the fine for some stupid npc getting in my line of fire in a RES.
:(

Can you elaborate on this Ed, is it that if scanned whilst wanted, you will lose docking permission ?

Yeah couldn't be clearer ... I reckon that's what the sentence meant.

Horray for no more afk bond farming!
also happy about the npc's no longer sniping targets.
good stuff
more skins are always nice but when are we going to see some conda love?
also when you are denied docking does the station open up on you? It's kind of hard to land at an outpost in a conda. Fighting off the security is one thing but being insta killed by the station is another.

I would rather get insta killed by the station when I am careless ... cause there is not much danger in elite at the moment anyway ...

Last edited:
Thanks for the patch Mr B - that blows my theory about level 2/3 scans referring to later planetary landing type stuff... Oh well..

It's called a retro patch. The public were coming up with to many good ideas about landings that weren't in the design so they had to fox up the stuff finally.

Major terrible news for explorers in this patch.

If I remember correctly a level 1 is the ping, level 2 is a normal scan of the surface and level 3 is a detailed scan of the surface.

Michael

That makes sense, except... Does that mean that if I got a standard scanner as well as my DSS, that I'd get more money as I'd have both level 2 and level 3 scans? :) Currently, based on your breakdown, I'm making level 1 and 3 scans (which is fine, but I presumed the DSS replaces the standard scanner completely... is this right?).

Seriously......How am i going to boost my T9 into a station, there is more chance of me crashing into the letterbox or the back of the station.
This is a stupid idea....At least give us a time limit to dock and pay off the fine for some stupid npc getting in my line of fire in a RES.

If you're wanted in a Type 9, dock somewhere else and pay the bounty through pilot's federation? How do you have a Type 9 and do not know this is possible? How did you get wanted in a Type 9 in the first place, were you bounty hunting?

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

The mission system is getting a complete overhaul in 1.3...having devs fixing something that is going to be replaced soon would be a waste of resources.

Turning off the whole alternate mission path would instantly fix it and take a few minutes. 1.3 is almost two months away, that's a pretty damn long time to leave something as crucial as Assassination missions completely broken.

so now not only do i get a stupid 200cr bounty for accidentally shooting a npc but i have to fly 10 minutes away from my home station to pay it, yea whatever please clarify

Anything that makes the game easy i dont agree with,
the dock computer should be removed , ( if you cant control the ship you should not use it ) type9 for example,,, You want 500 cargo earn it by docking it yourself and not going for as coffie break.....

or make it cost you 25% cargo to use it.

The Docking Computer is a proud tradition stretching back to the original Elite so continuity demands its presence, if nothing else.

It's unclear why the modern version has devolved into a thinly-disguised, overly-elaborate means of committing suicide though. Perhaps the Pilots' Federation is practicing Extreme Darwinism on its membership.

For the moment, though, anyone who switches the DC on and then takes their attention away from the screen is pretty much asking for what happens next, I'm afraid...

Pick a station that isn't run by the faction that issued you the bounty, but [that faction] does have a presence in that system, pay off bounty. Simples.

pls make the docking computer very expensive to use, make it so it costs you 30% of your cargo @ 100 cargo and 50 % @ 500 cargo.

Can you show on the doll where the nasty Docking Computer touched you?

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom