Patch Notes Update Elite: Dangerous 1.2.07 incoming

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Ok so....I think it has something to do with this 24 hour timer is why my bounties keep coming back... I remember reading about that before....so basically......even if you pay your bounty, if they re-scan you it comes back and your wanted again?!? If this is how it is supposed to be, it is the worst system in the world.....I only get to play a couple days PER MONTH, and now.....well...ya....good job FD if this is how it was supposed to work because its the most worthless thing..... after finding a "safe place" to land and pay bounties i see that there is a timer on them now.....even though it says im no longer wanted..... What in the world have you guys done.....

You must be doing something wrong baalic. I've only had that happen once and that was at a Nav beacon whilst shooting a target, a cop npc decided to fly through my line of fire and got a bit burnt. All the cops were insta-targetting me. Managed to eacape and dock up though and clear the bounty. Didn't come back.

That was how it was before, but there are timers now on bounty's that although the cops don't seem to trigger, the space stations re-trigger when scanned......or at least as im trying to dock.....

And now I have to retract what I said...because this last bounty....Did not incur a timer??? Also I fired 1 heat seeking rocket, it landed on target, destroyed target, and then roughly 2 seconds later, a bounty for 300cr for friendly fire.... So did they friendly take splash damage? Also why did this bounty not stay with a 24 hour timer and the other one did....I'm completely confused, unless I'm just catching bug after bug the last few days.... I did find a legit bug too that lets you spend all of your credits to rearm your cannons, if the module is turned off...it takes your credits indefinitely until you turn your module back on...so there is that...

Ok so....I think it has something to do with this 24 hour timer is why my bounties keep coming back... I remember reading about that before....so basically......even if you pay your bounty, if they re-scan you it comes back and your wanted again?!? If this is how it is supposed to be, it is the worst system in the world.....I only get to play a couple days PER MONTH, and now.....well...ya....good job FD if this is how it was supposed to work because its the most worthless thing..... after finding a "safe place" to land and pay bounties i see that there is a timer on them now.....even though it says im no longer wanted..... What in the world have you guys done.....

That was how it was before, but there are timers now on bounty's that although the cops don't seem to trigger, the space stations re-trigger when scanned......or at least as im trying to dock.....

And now I have to retract what I said...because this last bounty....Did not incur a timer??? Also I fired 1 heat seeking rocket, it landed on target, destroyed target, and then roughly 2 seconds later, a bounty for 300cr for friendly fire.... So did they friendly take splash damage? Also why did this bounty not stay with a 24 hour timer and the other one did....I'm completely confused, unless I'm just catching bug after bug the last few days.... I did find a legit bug too that lets you spend all of your credits to rearm your cannons, if the module is turned off...it takes your credits indefinitely until you turn your module back on...so there is that...

I suggest starting a separate thread, as opposed to posting your issues in Page #49 of Patch 1.2.07.

I also suggest you do your level best to present your issue in as neutral a tone as possible. Your first post sets the tone for the following conversation. :) State exactly what you are seeing in your right-hand panel for the local/major factions (especially any dormant fines), the sequence of events, and so on. Screenshots will help, as will recorded video uploaded to YT, if you can!

Last edited:
High intensity conflict sites are something to avoid now.
They went from one extreme to another, from free credits to waste of time.

I have no idea what the solution is, but at the moment they are scenery for screenshots.

LE: High intensity conflict sites with capital ships in them

Last edited:

I have no idea what the solution is, but at the moment they are scenery for screenshots.

How are they a waste of time now? Apart from being meaningless/dull ultimately?

LE: High intensity conflict sites with capital ships in them

Not quite. I took quite a few bounties from a Federal cap ship in my Cobra. I just light the target up with twin beam lasers when it's about to blow, and often enough, the bounty is assigned to me. The previous situation was a horrible exploit.

Of course it would be nice if the NPCs wouldn't just suicide on the capital ship all the time, so it would be possible to fight them in the high intensity zone a few clicks out from the cap.

It's about the double price as the whole game... Its 96€, without the Anaconda ones!
And this is just for the Vibrant ones. Those tactical skin pack will punch a equal hole in the wallet!
That is too much if i just want to fly each ship with a simple custom color. Normally i would expect such simple color choosing to be free in a game!
They should be at least available for all Ships at 12€ per vivid or tactical pack. Or otherwise let players buy them separately.
THIS, is just robbery!

Oh and i spend about 275€ myself for that game already since and including the Beta 1.
(Merchandise, Disc Sets but also Wireframe Cobra and Viper Flag Paintjobs (at discount), Hauler Pack, a few Sidewinder, Eagle and ASP skins.)

Not robbery; if you don't want the skins don't buy them...

true that. It's also a way to keep some more cash flow in for further "free" improvments, updates etc pp. So you don't only buy damn skins but also help to make it a better game.

When are we having tweaks and fixes of the increasing number of bugs?

It's been 3 weeks already since we had a real fix/tweak update. Don't tell me we have to wait till the powerplay..........

Heh, I actually thought what you said (200cr is not bounty unless paid in 24 hrs) was true. It's just not. Where did you read that?
I just tested. Oh, 200 CR from friendly fire is BOUNTY with capital B. You are practically a number one villan in the universe if you have 200 CR bounty. Giant "WANTEEEDDDD!!!" sign and "everyone just drop their 250000 CR bounty Condas, you're hunting!! Let's kill the 200 CR dude that is allied with us!!! But let's kill him!!!

LOL - this is so true unfortunately :)

When are we having tweaks and fixes of the increasing number of bugs?

It's been 3 weeks already since we had a real fix/tweak update. Don't tell me we have to wait till the powerplay..........
See my post here for an explanation of why tweaks and fixes drop off over time. Pretty much all bugfixes at this point will be going into the 1.3 update. If there's a game-breaking bug found we might get an interim 1.2 patch.

Something new just happened to the launcher - it is offering an upgrade to "cross platform Beta" in addition to the Play and Practice offerings.
I didnt accept just in case it blew my game away.
Is the bringing the mac-ists into the common fold ? or are ED trying to make one size fit all?
Mike

Something new just happened to the launcher - it is offering an upgrade to "cross platform Beta" in addition to the Play and Practice offerings.
I didnt accept just in case it blew my game away.
Is the bringing the mac-ists into the common fold ? or are ED trying to make one size fit all?
Mike

It shouldn't - betas tend to run alongside the main game in their own sandbox. I'm downloading now...

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
It shouldn't - betas tend to run alongside the main game in their own sandbox. I'm downloading now...

If you create a directory called "PUBLIC_TEST_SERVER" in the "PRODUCTS" directory where the main game is installed (i.e. "FORC-FDEV-D-10xx"), copy the contents of the current installed game into it and then install the Beta it will install in a tiny fraction of the time as it will treat it as an incremental upgrade and very few seem to be different from 1.2.07.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom