Elite Dangerous 2018 Roadmap [Regularly Updated]

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Great Summary - but does seem to be missing the default No ETAs, No promises, Not set in stone, Caveat Emptor, Read the small print, Had fingers crossed qualification ;)

I will be disappointed if no premium content is released in the Q1 update.

I'm sure Q1 will be premium content. As to the new paid for premium content, they have not said when it will be coming out and they haven't revealed it yet. I suspect it will come out at the same time as the Q4 update.

I'm sure Q1 will be premium content. As to the new paid for premium content, they have not said when it will be coming out and they haven't revealed it yet. I suspect it will come out at the same time as the Q4 update.

I have a feeling that the paid content will come with the 2 x Content Updates, since those 2 are a lot smaller than the Q1 and Q4 ones.

I have a feeling that the paid content will come with the 2 x Content Updates, since those 2 are a lot smaller than the Q1 and Q4 ones.

Possibly. It all depends on what they are and whether they need the Q4 update to work. Anyway, really looking forward to the first update in Q1 which looks mainly very good.

That timeline is one of the most "non-imformational" graphics ever designed!

It tells you absolutely nothing about when on the actual calendar we will see any of these 2018 updates.

:(

Last edited:

It tells you absolutely nothing about when on the actual calendar we will see any of these 2018 updates.

:(

Maybe this helps:

jO044sB.png

This is all the info we have so far.

To be fair I think Ed joked much the same when it was presented on the stage at the expo. It was really just something to put on the screen while the panel discussed the "Beyond" roadmap.

I don't think the Krait and Chieftain are actually confirmed for the Q1 update, Frontier has only stated that they are coming during Beyond sometime, so it could be anytime in 2018:
The Chieftain and the Krait were both introduced at the end of the section of the Frontier Expo talk that started with Sandro Sammarco introducing what was to come in Q1. It was actually straight after the Cheiftain and Krait reveal finished that Edward Lewis introduced the next section of the talk with 'So after the quarter one update....', which would indicate that everything prior to that statement was Q1.

I do agree that Frontier have been very unclear about this and I would like some clarification / confirmation from them. If the two ships are not intended to be in Q1 then they have presented a very misleading talk at the expo, which I for one will be very unhappy about. As far as I am concerned, from how they presented it at the expo, I expect them both to come in Q1.

The Chieftain and the Krait were both introduced at the end of the section of the Frontier Expo talk that started with Sandro Sammarco introducing what was to come in Q1. It was actually straight after the Cheiftain and Krait reveal finished that Edward Lewis introduced the next section of the talk with 'So after the quarter one update....', which would indicate that everything prior to that statement was Q1.

I do agree that Frontier have been very unclear about this and I would like some clarification / confirmation from them. If the two ships are not intended to be in Q1 then they have presented a very misleading talk at the expo, which I for one will be very unhappy about. As far as I am concerned, from how they presented it at the expo, I expect them both to come in Q1.

This is my thinking too. I really want to get my hands on the Krait.

All sounds good apart from the crime & punishment making the ship hot, which to me is like charging a gun for murder! However I do like the new spawning idea.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom