Elite Dangerous 2018 Roadmap [Regularly Updated]

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Added livestream schedule from Ed's Announcement.

Tuesday 16 January at 7 PM GMT/2 PM EST/11 AM PST/5 AM AEST
Thursday 18 January at 7 PM GMT/2 PM EST/11 AM PST/5 AM AEST
Tuesday 23 January at 7 PM GMT/2 PM EST/11 AM PST/5 AM AEST

From Ed Lewis on Pixel Bandits ... new trade stuff will feature dynamic commodity price updates (i.e. not just a snapshot from your last visit) from stations you have previously visited, these will be available in the galaxy map (and elsewhere?) but will be limited to a certain radius around where you are. List of visited stations will be "back dated".

Oh, and new planetary changes will mean you should be able to visually tell what surface materials are available by eyeballing the planet (not just by detail scanning the surface and then reading the system view list).

Updated with Will Flanagan's Content Recap #1 for Livestream #1 of 3.0 ​which revealed the Crime&Punishment changes and Wing Missions.

You should maybe reference the statement made at 1:07:45 in the livestream, where Sammarco fields the question, "How does Beyond address rampant combat logging?" Answer: "Hopefully it will, just not at the moment, and we're not talking about that in this particular livestream."

So maybe not in Q1, but apparently something is planned in Beyond overall.

You should maybe reference the statement made at 1:07:45 in the livestream, where Sammarco fields the question, "How does Beyond address rampant combat logging?" Answer: "Hopefully it will, just not at the moment, and we're not talking about that in this particular livestream."

So maybe not in Q1, but apparently something is planned in Beyond overall.

This has already been known for a while. Sandro has had a long and pretty detailed discussion last year about a karma system that could deal with combat loggers and frequent gankers. I added all his comments in this thread back then.

Im glad someone saw sense and decided to allow this to be a sticky. Shame they didn't do it when I asked 2 years ago, it would have saved me the time and trouble of creating an entire blog! ;)

Im glad someone saw sense and decided to allow this to be a sticky. Shame they didn't do it when I asked 2 years ago, it would have saved me the time and trouble of creating an entire blog! ;)

Your blog has been very helpful for detailed analysis and still very much is. I'll make a section at the end and link your work. It's very well done.

Your blog has been very helpful for detailed analysis and still very much is. I'll make a section at the end and link your work. It's very well done.

Hah, I'm just glad it was stickied for your sake! When I did it for 2.0 it kept disappearing down the board. Thankfully Frontier's communication is much better :)

I enjoy doing my blog and it's had a quarter of a million views so hopefully some people find it worth a look. Fingers crossed it will be more interesting to look at as time goes on and it will serve as an interesting overview of the game's development. My personal opinion is that this that (despite its flaws) the game is as groundbreaking as the original so it will serve as a nice record of development :)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom