ANNOUNCEMENT Elite Dangerous: Horizons for PS4

I'm happy for PS4 owners, but I wish there was more of a reason to get it than a second account, since I won't be able to multiplay with my PC version - otherwise I'd have gotten a copy for my wife to play with me as a crewmate (her piloting skills are rubbish so she's not so interested in flying her own ship)

It's funny how Microsoft dally around for ages and then suddenly as soon as they say they're finally ready to allow crossplay, Sony are expected to jump when they say and because they don't jump straight away then Sony have "a stick up their butt".

Or from this thread a few hours ago...

So my news is newer than yours? :cool:

I like that Astroid base at 0:19 [wink]
Also that Station next to the Neutron star at 0:49 looks sweet! You will need good sunprotection there :cool:

Great news. Hope they can manage to get VR to work well on the PS 4 Pro, as I would be very tempted to buy one.

As a proud owner of a PS4, I am very excited right now. :) Will be a lot of fun starting from scratch and teaching the basics to a lot of my friends on PSN :)

Last edited:
I hope they don't hate on it like they did NMS. Very similar games in some ways. But ours is very much still in development. And comes with some issues, that do get worked out over time. But the Sony crowd is the demanding refund crowd. NMS is proof of that. Hope this launch goes well. Welcome to the black PlayStation gamers.

I would be very clear about what this game is in it's description, and that's it's still in development. Big colorful letters so they will read it. :)

[rant]

Well, this is some news i could have lived without..

I was hoping that Frontier would take care of the already miserably late Horizons and put all their effort getting 2.3 and 2.4 out before any more console versions.. Remember, the one which you said would be released completely during 2016..?
But, money talks and walks, thats just how the game developing goes it seems..

Sorry for the rant, but really FDev, really?? You want to make a space SIM and then you put your efforts on consoles??

[/rant]

Last edited:
Do I need to make an account on the PlayStation network too to reserve my commander name there as well, so there isn't another of me running around in the galaxy?

How will registering Commander names work on PlayStation? Will it be the same as the Gamertags for Xbox?

Great news otherwise though. The more the merrier. [up]

Well, looks like I'm too late. :(

OqMvMV4.png

Last edited:
Do I need to make an account on the PlayStation network too to reserve my commander name there as well, so there isn't another of me running around in the galaxy?

How will registering Commander names work on PlayStation? Will it be the same as the Gamertags for Xbox?

Great news otherwise though. The more the merrier. [up]

CMDR name is probably tied to you PSN name. Just like the Xbox gamer tag is the name in Xbox.

Do all of the people asking about cross platform play really think that it's Frontier who make those decisions?

Microsoft and Sony make the decisions about whether crossplay is allowed, not the companies that design and make the games.

It isn't quite as simple as that, Microsoft have already given the greenlight to cross play with PC and PS4. Sony might not think it is in there completive interest to play with Xbox as PS4 has market advantage. Both have examples of console-pc cross play.

PC and Xbox cross play could technically be a thing today but Frontier do have input on that as they are the ones that would have to code for it which takes time and money. I think they are on record saying they would like to do it but it isn't on the high priority list, and we know how long their list is.

Bottom line is it is more complicated that just allowing it, especially when this willingness to indulge in cross play has come after the coding for separate 'instances' of the game has already been undertaken.

[rant]

Well, this is some news i could have lived without..

I was hoping that Frontier would take care of the already miserably late Horizons and put all their effort getting 2.3 and 2.4 out before any more console versions.. Remember, the one which you said would be released completely during 2016..?
But, money talks and walks, thats just how the game developing goes it seems..

Sorry for the rant, but really FDev, really?? You want to make a space SIM and then you put your efforts on consoles??

[/rant]

... and have fun with this awesome mission board, ps4 owners. Have fun [haha] *may the matchmaking server be with you*

Last edited:
Yes, good news if psvr is supported, then I will doubledip. And it may tempt me into a pro upgrade too if Scorpio is late.

Top Bottom