Release Elite Dangerous Market Connector (EDMC)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Also a possibility ;), but how @Crumly starts we still don't know. And he has/had the problems.
I click start button, and start typing (searching) EDMC, and it shows the app, and it shows options for open, run as admin, pin to start, pin to task, unistall... and so on. I click Pin to Start, and then click that. I stopped doing that because it disappears on me, so I search for it and click run. I recently read that Odyssey Material Helper performs the same base function, so I've just been using EDMC to update my Inara.cz stuff here and there, because it says in the App EDDN prefers only one app used to upload data.
Thanks for the idea to paste the link.
It does show up in the Start Menu when I click "All Apps", just can't keep it pinned. Maybe when it updates something happens

The only time I saw my EDMC icon disappear from being pinned to the start menu was after an EDMC update. It always came back on next reboot/relogin. No, I don't know why that happens. It will be something to do with the installer configuration.
Thanks. I've been playing infrequently so maybe every time I played (I religiously use EDMC for years when I play), it just seemed like it was happening every time, but was really happening just because the app needed an update.

How do you start EDMC?
I have an icon as a link on the desktop after installation. With a double click on the desktop icon EDMC starts.
Now I copied this icon/link into the start menu directory and tested the start (single click) = OK.
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs Copied this icon/link to the tile area and tested it, it works too.
Try my way.
Yes, this is where the Start Menu shortcut is located on my system too. This shortcut can be added there quite easily, but you'll have to know the path to the program itself (where the EDMarketConnector.exe file is located) in order to make it run the program.

I've not seen a shorcut like this disappear, even ones I have created manually. I do know that Windows lately (meaning Win 10 and later) has made doing things to your Start Menu more difficult (read: annoying).

The path of my EDMC installation is here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\EDMarketConnector
Right mouse click on "EDMarketConnector.exe" > send to ... Desktop
A link will be created on the desktop.
I could not now copy the link to the Start menu via the Windows interface (admin rights?)!
The path to the links in the start menu is here (as above). C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
Now with admin rights (there comes a query) you should be able to copy or move the link from the desktop to the start menu directory.
1684571882836.png

1684572255645.png

1684572516863.png

I hope I could help.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom