Release Elite Dangerous Market Connector (EDMC)

Release 5.11.0

Pre-emptive upload to VirusTotal. (Unsigned Installer)

This release includes a number of new features and improvements, including a new Beta Update Track for testing future updates, enhanced context menus for text entry fields and UI elements, a revamp to the existing translation system and logging capabilities, and more. This release includes the Python Image Library (PIL) into our core bundle, adds a number of stability and configuration checks to the tool, and adds new schemas and configuration values to senders.

This release also includes a number of bug fixes, performance enhancements, and updates to various aspects of the code to enhance maintainability are included. Notably, MacOS support has been removed due to a lack of support for this OS in Elite, and a number of functions have been deprecated and will be removed in later versions. Plugin developers, take note!

What's Changed​

• Established a Beta Update Track to allow users to assist in future update testing
  • Added a global context menu for text entry fields that includes cut, copy, and paste options
  • Added a context menu for Ship, System, and Station UI elements which allows opening the respective link in any of the available resource providers.
  • Added translation hooks to the update available status string
  • Added additional status logging when we're awaiting game log-in
  • Added the Python Image Library (PIL) to the core EDMC library bundle
  • Added respect for EDSM API limits to the default plugin
  • Added EDDN stationType and carrierDockingAccess schemas to the sent events
  • Added MaxJumpRange and CargoCapacity events to the Inara sender
  • Added a high-level critical error handler to gracefully terminate the program in the event of a catastrophic error
  • Added the ability to override the default language for a translation by adding the optional 'lang' parameter to the translate function for individual functions
  • Added an updated template and new security reporting guidance to the documentation
  • Added a new updater for the FDevID Files to keep the dependency up to date without requiring a new patch version push
  • Added a System Profiler Utility to assist with gathering system and environment information for bug report purposes
  • Added a new security policy for responsible disclosure of identified security issues
  • Adds Additional Error Processing to the System Profiler when launched from EDMC
  • Adds the ability to resize the Settings window to larger than the initial default size
  • Enabled security code scanning on the GitHub repository
  • Tweaked a few list length checks that could just be boolean to be bool
  • Updates the look and feel of the "Already Running" popup to reduce overhead and improve the look of the popup
  • Updated translations to latest versions, including a new language: Ukranian!
  • Updated documentation to reflect certain changes to the code
  • Updated the GitHub Bug Report template
  • Updated the GitHub Pull Request template
  • Updated internal workflows to more recent versions
  • Updated util_ships to avoid using Windows reserved file names as output
  • Converted all usages of the unnecessary OrderedDict to use the standard dict
  • Clarifies the hierarchy of parent classes for custom MyNotebook classes
  • Renamed the default translation function from _() to tr.tl()
  • Renamed the Translations base class to conform to Pythonic standards
  • Deprecated the _Translations class
  • Deprecated the Translations singleton in favor of translations
  • Unpinned several dependencies that were already dependencies of other dependencies to prevent dependency conflicts (say that 5 times fast)
  • Updated a few type hints to allow updates to more updated dependencies
  • Changed the translation function import to no longer rely on forcing it into Python's builtins
  • Handed over a few tk classes to their ttk equivalents for better styling
  • Reworked the Plugin system to no longer use the deprecated importlib.load_module()
  • Deprecated nb.Entry and nb.ColoredButton as they simply point toward other classes with no processing
  • Removed macOS support
  • Removed deprecated modules.p and ships.p files
  • Removed deprecated openurl() function

Bug Fixes​

• Fixed a bug where certain types of exceptions from the Requests module wouldn't be handled properly regarding killswitches
  • Fixed a rare bug where source builds running on 64-bit Python could generate an OverflowError in the monitor system
  • Fixed a bug where EDMC would open directories in the webbrowser instead of the file explorer on Linux
  • Fixed a rare bug that could cause the EDSM plugin to crash due to missing configuration values

Plugin Developers​

• nb.Entry is deprecated, and is slated for removal in 6.0 or later. Please migrate to nb.EntryMenu
  • nb.ColoredButton is deprecated, and is slated for removal in 6.0 or later. Please migrate to tk.Button
  • Calling internal translations with _() is deprecated, and is slated for removal in 6.0 or later. Please migrate to importing translations and calling translations.translate or translations.tl directly
  • Translations as the translate system singleton is deprecated, and is slated for removal in 6.0 or later. Please migrate to the translations singleton
  • help_open_log_folder() is deprecated, and is slated for removal in 6.0 or later. Please migrate to open_folder()
  • update_feed is deprecated, and is slated for removal in 6.0 or later. Please migrate to get_update_feed().
  • modules.p and ships.p are deprecated, and have been removed
  • The openurl() function in ttkHyperlinkLabel has been removed. Please migrate to webbrowser.open()

A bug has been discovered in 5.11.0 on source builds or non-installer distributions which are running in a location where the user doesn't have default permission to write.

A fix is in the pipe and will be coming soon.

Not sure if bug, but none of my plugins (screenshot, FCOC bot) are functioning after the recent 5.11 update. Persists after plugin and EDMC reinstalls. Inara and EDSM are fine just the things in the plugin folder are broken.

Not sure if bug, but none of my plugins (screenshot, FCOC bot) are functioning after the recent 5.11 update. Persists after plugin and EDMC reinstalls. Inara and EDSM are fine just the things in the plugin folder are broken.
Hey there! If you are having issues, can you please file a bug report here: Bug Report Link

Alternatively, if you don't have a GitHub account please feel free to email your log files to edmc@hullseals.space with the details and we'll take a look.

Pre-Release 5.11.1-beta0

This is a release candidate for 5.11.1. It has been pushed to the "Beta" track for updates!

For more information on the "Beta" update track, please read This Wiki Article. Questions and comments are welcome!

This release fixes a bug regarding FDevID files when running from Source in a non-writable location.

What's Changed​

• Added a check on Git Pushes to check for updated translation strings for developers

Bug Fixes​

• Fixed a bug that could result in the program not updating or writing FDevID files when running from source in a location where the running user can't write to

Plugin Developers​

• nb.Entry is deprecated, and is slated for removal in 6.0 or later. Please migrate to nb.EntryMenu
  • nb.ColoredButton is deprecated, and is slated for removal in 6.0 or later. Please migrate to tk.Button
  • Calling internal translations with _() is deprecated, and is slated for removal in 6.0 or later. Please migrate to importing translations and calling translations.translate or translations.tl directly
  • Translations as the translate system singleton is deprecated, and is slated for removal in 6.0 or later. Please migrate to the translations singleton
  • help_open_log_folder() is deprecated, and is slated for removal in 6.0 or later. Please migrate to open_folder()
  • update_feed is deprecated, and is slated for removal in 6.0 or later. Please migrate to get_update_feed().
  • FDevID files (commodity.csv and rare_commodity.csv) have moved their preferred location to the app dir (same location as default Plugins folder). Please migrate to use config.app_dir_path.

Release 5.11.1

This release fixes a bug regarding FDevID files when running from Source in a non-writable location. Additionally,
Deprecation Warnings are now more visible to aid in plugin development.

What's Changed​

• Added a check on Git Pushes to check for updated translation strings for developers
  • Enabled deprecation warnings to pass to plugins and logs
  • Updated Dependencies
  • Replaced infi.systray with drop-in replacement simplesystray

Bug Fixes​

• Fixed a bug that could result in the program not updating or writing FDevID files when running from source in a location where the running user can't write to

Plugin Developers​

• FDevID files (commodity.csv and rare_commodity.csv) have moved their preferred location to the app dir (same location as default Plugins folder). Please migrate to use config.app_dir_path.

Known Issues​

• Opening EDMC from a minimized state via the System Tray doesn't rebuild the window properly. A fix is In Progress.

Last edited:
Sorry, but I have tried to search for the answer before asking here. Haven`t found it. :)
I downloaded the innstaller, but it won`t install.
I want to use it for TCE.
I used the "old" EDMC before with no problems. Been away from the game a while and want to come back.

Sorry, but I have tried to search for the answer before asking here. Haven`t found it. :)
I downloaded the innstaller, but it won`t install.
I want to use it for TCE.
I used the "old" EDMC before with no problems. Been away from the game a while and want to come back.
Hey there! Can you elaborate more on "won't install"? Do you receive any error messages, pop-ups, or other indicators? What version of "Old" EDMC do you use?

I have uninstalled the old EDMC which was 5.10.1 I believe.
When I doubleclick the installer there is no visible reaction. When checking task manager there are no EDMC files running.
I do not use other virus software, only windows Defender.

I have uninstalled the old EDMC which was 5.10.1 I believe.
When I doubleclick the installer there is no visible reaction. When checking task manager there are no EDMC files running.
I do not use other virus software, only windows Defender.
If I remember properly, I think there is an active bug with UAC/Windows Defender that was blocking some prompts. It's possible that has happened here?

Please try disabling Windows Defender for a few minutes and trying again (be sure to re-enable Defender after this) or check your User Account Control settings. I'll look into it more later today.

Disabling Windows Defender did not work.
When I doubleclick the installer there is just a momentary reaction on the mouse pointer. Nothing else.

Disabling Windows Defender did not work.
When I doubleclick the installer there is just a momentary reaction on the mouse pointer. Nothing else.
Try right-clicking on the file, select Properties, and tick the Unblock option.
1718209635448.png

Release 5.11.3-beta0

This is a release candidate for 5.11.3. It has been pushed to the "Beta" track for updates!

For more information on the "Beta" update track, please read This Wiki Article. Questions and comments are welcome!

This release fixes a bug where an incomplete hand-over from ordereddict to dict types would cause a sender failure.

What's Changed​

• Updated Translations

Bug Fixes​

• Fixed a bug where two senders might fail due to improper data formats

Plugin Developers​

Last edited:

Release 5.11.3

This release fixes a bug where an incomplete hand-over from ordereddict to dict types would cause a sender failure.

What's Changed​

• Updated Translations

Bug Fixes​

• Fixed a bug where two senders might fail due to improper data formats

Plugin Developers​

Pre-Release 5.12.0-beta1

This public beta is designed to allow for volunteer testing of coming updates and allow plugin developers to prepare for upcoming code changes.
BUGS ARE EXPECTED in this build, as under-the-hood inline code changes have been made in this update which may have unintended consequences.

The beta has been pushed to the BETA update track. Want to learn more about the public beta program for EDMC? Click HERE!

What's Changed​

• Added the ability to export a ship's loadout to Inara SLEF notation
  • Added the ability for EDMC to restart itself if required after settings changes
  • Added the ability to change the custom plugins directory to allow for multiple plugin profiles
  • Added Basic Type 8 Support
  • Updated the default logging directory from $TEMPDIR or %TEMP% and to the current app data directory
  • Updated a number of direct win32API calls to use proper prototyped library calls
  • Updated a number of translations
  • Updated a number of dependencies
  • Updated included and bundled licenses to comply with dependency requirements
  • Updated the game_running check to be more efficient on Windows to reduce program hangs
  • Minor logic enhancements
  • Retired most usages of os.path in favor of the preferred PathLib

Bug Fixes​

• Fixed a bug that would result in Horizons and Odyssey flags not being passed to EDDN

Plugin Developers​

Back
Top Bottom