ANNOUNCEMENT Elite Dangerous: Odyssey PC Launch Date

@frontier please release Odyssey on Saturday the 22nd of May please.

Stream deck please.

I am sorry to say this but my friend and I who have both played elite since it very first started will no longer play this wonderful game if it isn't released on and not before Saturday 22nd May. We have talked at length about this and this our conclusion. Also he wants his stream deck.

Last edited:
All the people worrying about bugs making into the live release. Pssh.

The live game is already riddled with bugs, some dating back several years now. If they released polished Odyssey content it'd just look out of place.
Exactly!
Imagine polished product without bugs. Do you even realise the health consequences?! Cmdrs all over the world would suffer for heavy PTSD caused by schock. Cardiac arrests and other stress-related health problems would occur. Better be safe than sorry!

****, can you please delay until NVidia and AMD have some stock? Might be easier to get a PS5 by Autumn????
;)

It doesn't matter if you find or not a PS5 by autumn...

9NzIpOO.png

All the people in the last 9 pages of this thread, who HAVE Participated in the Alpha and STILL look forward to the 19th, then i can only say to you guys and gurls is that you are the sort of people who would buy a something full of faults and say, 'Yeah it's fine, it still works, and besides i love X Company so much i want their babies'

Psssst do you guys wanna buy a great Car, Never been raced or Rallyed, one careful Lady Vicar owner, Genuine Mileage, A snip at Only 25K.

Contact me urgently, i'll even send a taxi for you ;) ;)
Can you please share how you got hold of the copy being released on the 19th since you've already discovered the state of it?
I'm asking for a friend.

Which is why, after all these years, we get the same people making this same complaint. Almost like there is no cycle and people are staying and playing the game ...

or forum undead I guess :)

I am definitely forum undead. 😆

I stopped playing about two years ago. I do fire it up from time to time to see if they've fixed the bugs (they did eventually fix the beige after 18 months), or improved the placeholder gameplay, and obviously gave Odyssey a fair shot, but I soon quit and went back to complaining on forums and shaking my fist at clouds. 🤷‍♀️

The game just hasn't developed meaningfully since what we were told in the Kickstarter, and Odyssey so far (for me) hasn't changed that, sadly.

All the people in the last 9 pages of this thread, who HAVE Participated in the Alpha and STILL look forward to the 19th, then i can only say to you guys and gurls is that you are the sort of people who would buy a something full of faults and say, 'Yeah it's fine, it still works, and besides i love X Company so much i want their babies'

Psssst do you guys wanna buy a great Car, Never been raced or Rallyed, one careful Lady Vicar owner, Genuine Mileage, A snip at Only 25K.

Contact me urgently, i'll even send a taxi for you ;) ;)
Sounds great, I'll take it! We just need to sort out some paperwork & stuff... Send me £3,750 to organise the essentials and we shall be on the way to a happy purchase / sell situation. I'm in America, please send the taxi, now!

I know you are intelligent enough to realise this offer could only be turned down by an absolute imbecile, so look forward to the £3,750 by return.

I love you too, pal 🥰

Sounds great, I'll take it! We just need to sort out some paperwork & stuff... Send me £3,750 to organise the essentials and we shall be on the way to a happy purchase / sell situation. I'm in America, please send the taxi, now!

I know you are intelligent enough to realise this offer could only be turned down by an absolute imbecile, so look forward to the £3,750 by return.

I love you too, pal 🥰

You're in America but you want £££... ok, you get a cab, but it will be a little, miserable Apex shuttle!!

Useful info thanks!

One step closer to finding out what's coming after Odyssey, based on the FDev comments over the past couple of years for this to be the first of a quick succession of additions, all the 'not at launch' stuff (VR & ship interiors & actual spacelegs), then actual atmospherics, flora & fauna.

2021/22 should be good with Odyssey release out of the way :)

With the best will in the world, how much do you think is going to change between now and the 19th May? You're looking at about 11 working days after the close of Alpha.
Not having the ability to see what changes at specifics, so it's hard to say what it means for us, for our most important feature & playstyle.
I'm pretty certain we wont see feature-changes, but there will be bugfixing & polishing, optimization and similar work being done.

In essence, I'm expecting to see a bit more polished product.

It can be doubled if FD has good coffee machines and a good pizza delivery service.
So 4000 bug / 22 days. Roughly 180 bugs a day. Seems legit.
Oh, I forgot the optimization. Well. Duh.
Last release crunch I was involved in we peaked at 70 odd bugs in a day, once, most of the time we managed fewer than 20. We are looking at a schedule that I would view as impossible frankly.

You're in America but you want £££... ok, you get a cab, but it will be a little, miserable Apex shuttle!!
I've booked Rat Catcher an Apex, not sure what will arrive first, A playable EDO or the Apex.......My monies on the Apex LOL!

Last release crunch I was involved in we peaked at 70 odd bugs in a day, once, most of the time we managed fewer than 20. We are looking at a schedule that I would view as impossible frankly.
I am not in software development, I'm in HR, so I know when people break :LOL:
I was making a joke. It's unrealistic, but the bug numbers aren't correct either ;)

Top Bottom