ANNOUNCEMENT Elite Dangerous: Odyssey PC Launch Date

hgJa4WU.jpg

/thread

we can all go home now Picard has explained it.

Console in autumn ... why?
I read this as it will take that long to optimize the game for less-capable hardware. I really don't see any other reason for the console release to be delayed.

Which means my days of flying in VR end in a few weeks, because I'm right on the edge of acceptable framerate for VR. Same goes with my 2D 4K gaming experience - it works great now, but it's right on the threshold. Oh well.

I read this as it will take that long to optimize the game for less-capable hardware. I really don't see any other reason for the console release to be delayed.

Which means my days of flying in VR end in a few weeks, because I'm right on the edge of acceptable framerate for VR. Same goes with my 2D 4K gaming experience - it works great now, but it's right on the threshold. Oh well.

Less-capable hardware, yes. But did someone tell FDEV about XSX and PS5? No? Too bad.

View attachment 222328

I only left the forums for a couple of hours and they go and delay phase 4, reveal that they're fully releasing the game in under a month and I've still not got my stream deck.

Im livid which one of the 20 its too soon threads should I post in first?

I think this is a good time to make a thread of your own in which you describe passionately how you used to love this game, but you were let down by developers and community and so you will leave the game.

Maybe? Or maybe stop leaving the forum?

2 questions...

Console?

small seismic charges?
Two questions.
You mad bro? :LOL:
View attachment 222328

I only left the forums for a couple of hours and they go and delay phase 4, reveal that they're fully releasing the game in under a month and I've still not got my stream deck.

Im livid which one of the 20 its too soon threads should I post in first?
Could you please ask FD to delay release for 30 years or so?
Considering your track record on that matter that will give us about 3 extra days 🤭

You're assuming they haven't been working on some of these issues since the day they were reported but are starting from scratch now?
No, I'm assuming that they have someone updating the tickets when they confirmed and creating bugs in their internal bug tracking system for dev's to work.

It's hard to understand their logic really, we've 'Alpha' testing for a few weeks, they still have all the engine optimisations to implement and probably a few little features to add and the planet tech to finish. So when they've done all that ( along with fixes as many bugs reported as possible ) - that's when you'd have a brief Beta, maybe only a week long. I don't think they have time to do all of that work before release. The PC release will be the Beta release.
By the time it gets to Consoles it should be reasonably polished.

X4 Foundations currently has my heart.
X4 currently has a place on my wishlist for the next Steam sale, thanks to folks like you winning me over on that thread. So yeah, "worried" is a relative term. Frontier beat the "worry" out of me with Elephant Butt Leather and Dancing Disco Shadows. These days I just roll with the punches.

(Sorry to go off topic, I'll behave now, though it might be good for Frontier to see that they push at least some of us to other games if Odyssey is another Cyberpunk 2077)

We don't use blasphemous words around here.

Apologies. :D

Oh, and did I mention that if bugs are found, the developers actually fix them before moving onto the next new shiny MVP?

Stuff like that really does make all the difference. There are bugs in E: D's base game that have been there for years and they're not getting fixed in Odyssey. Unforgivable really. 🤷‍♀️

To everyone who, in the past 8 pages of this thred, who have said words along the lines of....Oh Good, I can't wait, or Brilliant i look forward to the 19th of May, Obviously have NOT been involved in the Alpha. If they release this game in the state it is now, then god help this forum it WILL EXPLODE!

Apologies. :D

Oh, and did I mention that if bugs are found, the developers actually fix them before moving onto the next new shiny MVP?

Stuff like that really does make all the difference. There are bugs in E: D's base game that have been there for years and they're not getting fixed in Odyssey. Unforgivable really. 🤷‍♀️

For me, as a console player, the best game, with a very responsive developer (Digital Extremes) is Warframe.

Yes, they do have bugs, but they're really listening to the community in squashing them as soon as possible. Oh, and the updates, and new content. And actual consoles' version of the game too.

But wait, that's a free-to-play game 😋

Top Bottom