Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Update 6

Wowsers how big is update 6? I was up-to-date before I went on my holiday (,10 days ago) just came to install update 6 expecting 10 min job. Been going 15 mins so far and just came up with 2 hrs to go

Thought it might be useful to post some positive feedback regarding network connectivity, though it’s likely to be lost in this threadnaught.

Anyhow, I have a buddy based in North America (I’m in the UK) and prior to this update we would get intermittent disconnects and desyncs on a regular basis. We played online over the weekend and we both noticed the improvements made to connection stability. No issues despite playing for two and three hours at a time. Cheers Dav and netcoding team.

Just in case you haven’t seen the solution: there is a new option in the controls settings in Drive Miscellaneous - Enable Context Menus - which defaults to Off for some reason. I popped it back on (and the same for the on-foot misc options) and the controller problem is solved 🙂
Ah thank you, sir. I found it and changed it.

Quite a ludicrous thing to have changed tbh.

Ah thank you, sir. I found it and changed it.

Quite a ludicrous thing to have changed tbh.
Oddly enough I turned mine on because everyone else mentioned it, but had to turn it off again to get my controls to work as before. Depends on your how your previous control setup was laid out, I guess.

Me too haha....I trust our QA. They're utter SOLDIERS. Love them to bits.
Sweet lord, if the invisible rocks are really gone I'll be so happy.

screenshot.0001.JPG

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
Read warriors pts forums. They remove skills = simplifying. Making game more casual.
I dont care about swtor classes changes after they;ve casualised Marauders in 2.0, and massively nerfed Assassins. I had my moments of rage in 2012/2013, but I dont care anymore about it, I play the easiest specs of the easiest classes, like Arsenal Merc or Darkness Assasin, and thats all, really, because I simply dont bother to learn something more difficult, because its eventually will get simplified.

Anyway, back to the topic, how do you like Update 6? I am looking forward to future Odyssey patches, and of course balancing. I really would like to see Manticore Oppresor get buff. I got g5 one with engineering, and while it definetely better then switching weapons, still takes ages to kill 3 shevron enemy. Also I would like to see "sniper rifle" to be reworked to railgun sniper rifle, with charge time, but hitscan shot.

Multiple crashes last night.
We were a team of 3, sharing missions, crashes would occur:
  • After accepting invites, from the 2 person "team"
  • Changing from ship to srv
  • Disembarking
I've used the crash reporter do dah, so I expect some Dev will have a full stack trace.
It felt like it was 1 or 2 issues being hit multiple times.

Something wrong with "Total assets" calculations since patch 6.
29 Jul I have 12,721,882,314 cash and 16,425,180,485 assets.
30 Jul: 12,721,882,315 and 21,421,175,926 correspondingly.
+5 billion of assets... And I have no Fleet Carrier.

sallymorganmoore

@sallymorganmoore with update 6 now the game makes a lot more sense playing for me now. No more stuttering on Scavenger-Kill-Missions! I tried to set grafics from all low to high and it worked! FPS seem to be a little low but my machine is not the newest so this is a big improvement for me!
Just one more thing for immersion:
@sallymorganmoore Do you know if it is planned that we once will be able to sit down on chairs and/or the Bar in the Hub? This woud really be so nice to have!

Hellooo! Oh we've very much heard all of the fun requests for being able to sit down and such. Really really awesome ideas the team will definitely keep in mind - let's get a good grasp on the gameplay issues at hand in the immediate future and see where we go :)

sallymorganmoore

Hi Sally, thanks for the postings, info and the constant follow-up. I had been holding off on Odyssey until 6 dropped. I now have it, currently in the black, about 400 jumps to go to Beagle Point. I mentioned that since I won't be able to provide any feedback on activity in stations or bases. However, here's a few things that I noted:

It really is dark. Other players have mentioned this already and I assume it's tagged somewhere as "something still there that needs to be fixed." I've adjusted the gamma from the middle setting to a point about 2/3 of the way to the right. Things (lettering) glow but I can see it. I can live with it until this gets resolved.

Had a VERY hard time reading the lettering on anything. Setting on a planet and seeing "Press R to take off" as a really poor resolution had me running to the options / graphics menu about 15 times. Set things to ULTRA and still had issues. Finally noted one small change: It had modified my screen resolution to 1280 x 720 (I have a 22 inch monitor). I changed it back to 1280 x 768 and everything went back to what I normally saw under Horizons.

BTW I have a I-5 quad core CPU, 16 gigs RAM, 2600 MHz, and a GTX 970 with 4 gigs DDR ram. Currently running at ultra just to see what breaks/stutters, etc, especially on the ground. At the moment, have not noticed anything that could be considered slow down issues. No "invisible rocks" seen (I believe that was in the release notes).

Galaxy Map: I'm sure you've heard this before but I'll just keep it short: It wasn't broken before; please ask them to "unfix it."

HAVE noted the following:
1) CPU activity seems to be really high (nearly 100%). I assume that's the Ultra setting.
2) GPU activity has actually hit 98%. I've set the fans to keep the temp at 68 degrees max, seems to be working. I assume that's also the Ultra setting.

Are these two issues related to the "culling" thing that has been mentioned in other threads? If so, could I assume that might come in Patch 7?

Thank you for your patience with us. I know we can be … trying … at times.

Honestly, I thank YOU for thanking ME for my patience most of the time! I can clearly see how passionate you all are about the game with everything you comment for us, which in turn take a lot of your time too! Not only mine! So thank YOU!!!
Lots of great feedback here, thanks for taking the time to note it all down. Really helpful.

Something wrong with "Total assets" calculations since patch 6.
29 Jul I have 12,721,882,314 cash and 16,425,180,485 assets.
30 Jul: 12,721,882,315 and 21,421,175,926 correspondingly.
+5 billion of assets... And I have no Fleet Carrier.

Yep, my assets also are 5 billion more than they should be.

I think it's something to do with doing on-foot CZs. Can I ask if you've been doing these to confirm/deny my theory?

Top Bottom