Elite Dangerous: Odyssey | Update 9 Notes

@sallymorganmoore we are very keen that organic scanner bug gets resolved quickly. Our Speed Scanning Challenge is due to finish on New Year's Eve and every day that this is delayed means people will have less time to beat @Alec Turner

It also means that shameless plugs like this one will have little effect if people can't go out and scan things and win the remarkable prizes that we have on offer.

I'l re-iterate this one. Not being able to scan bacteria in Odyssey means people can't complete the Canonn Speed Scanning challenge which is a fantastic ongoing event that's scheduled to end in just 22 days time. Much as I'd like to win, I certainly don't wish to do so under these circumstances.

If at all possible please try to get this looked at ASAP. 🙏

Yours sincerely
The Commander Alec Turner ;)

Can totally appreciate this.
I've escalated all of the issues I've collected on this and the team are aware.
Just uh...well...things really are suddenly a bit choppy around here for some reason. Bear with o7

I should have read more before posting. Thanks Sally, much appreciated.

wait didnt RDNA have more shader cores tho? I mean AMD always had more shader cores. Nvidia had the fancier core architecture tho

An RTX 3080 (non-Ti) has 8704 shader units and a fully enabled GA102 part has 10752. They also have the memory bandwith to feed them.

The highest end-consumer AMD part has 5120, but more ROPs and TMUs. They are also generally clocked higher and have an enormous L3 cache, but a narrow main memory bus.

sallymorganmonroe:
Bear with o7
b52886f6d6694eccbf954171c9068b9d.jpg

;)

Can totally appreciate this.
I've escalated all of the issues I've collected on this and the team are aware.
Just uh...well...things really are suddenly a bit choppy around here for some reason. Bear with o7
Further to this issue, noted that once you start scanning one species but yet to complete 3 scans, if you hover exo tool over another species it used to indicate that you haven't completed the first. Now it shows nothing. Once complete 3 scans on first, although can now get a ping from 2nd and colour changes, as others have found, sample function does not work. A relog to desktop makes no difference.
On Kikua 4
Scan striatum first. Scan of bateria failed
Interestingly although had scanned bacteria via ship compostion scan, it does not show up in Organic Info tab on system map. I could have sworn that a ship composition scan did populate this - but could be mistaken

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
I
Hi Sally, could you add a boilerplate shortlist, of the known issues you're tracking with this update, at the bottom of some/all of your future messages in this thread?

I'm thinking something along the lines of the recent additions to the bottom of certain CM communications and the community schedule where it states something like:

Here are the issues we're tracking:
  1. Issue 1
  2. Issue 2
  3. etc...
I mean, if this is a good idea...

What I really want to do is a dedicated post, so bear with me.

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
I'l re-iterate this one. Not being able to scan bacteria in Odyssey means people can't complete the Canonn Speed Scanning challenge which is a fantastic ongoing event that's scheduled to end in just 22 days time. Much as I'd like to win, I certainly don't wish to do so under these circumstances.

If at all possible please try to get this looked at ASAP. 🙏

Yours sincerely
The Commander Alec Turner ;)

I should have read more before posting. Thanks Sally, much appreciated.
Hehe didn't need reiterating Alec, I know how much it means to you all - like I said I'm on it.

An RTX 3080 (non-Ti) has 8704 shader units and a fully enabled GA102 part has 10752. They also have the memory bandwith to feed them.

The highest end-consumer AMD part has 5120, but more ROPs and TMUs. They are also generally clocked higher and have an enormous L3 cache, but a narrow main memory bus.
ye saw that seconds after I posted that xD.
But maybe the multiple chiplet design will bring some changes to that tho. After all we have rumored 75TFLOPs+ which is insane by itself already

Only in the sense that it negates any need for trade off and allows you to fit extra modules. I'm afraid that's not something I like, I still don't like the fact that the DBX got an extra slot for example because people moaned they couldn't fit everything they wanted into it, despite the fact that was the point in the first place.
Well,.. I was looking forward for the multi limpet controllers.. I thought that it would enable me to put a SRV into my Rat-DBX.. If I remember correctly they said it would be worse than the single type ones at doing the stuff .. so I thought the multi controllers would have reduced range/speed/active drones .. no they actually are better in any aspect but energy draw .. that puts the single controllers into the "why bother"-category.. (thats in outfitting though. In reality they simply list the best stat of any limpet type they support.. so the acual stats are more or less the same) but the real insanity comes with the weight!

A Class3 fuel transfer controller is at 2 tons a Rescue multi controller weights 52... this is nuts that costs ~10ly jumprange. Enthusiastic to what in record time.

Yay! No more smacking the station popping out of supercruise!!! Reckon I'll pop online to check out multi limpets and new SRV :)

Still might be cool to have larger rail guns (C3 or C4) to combat PAs but meh (Flying Microwave is a spicy Mamba)

Liquid-cowboy
Association of Various Pariahs

Back
Top Bottom