Elite Dangerous PS4 Feature Requests and PS4 FAQ

It's not a Ps4 specific thing, but I would love to have the ability to save loadouts for the ships. To change my Conda from a fighting to an explorer build takes quite a while. Obviously you have to be in a station where all your required modules are stored (or available for purchase).

That would also be handy if I want to wing up with a friend spontaneously. Sometimes I've to fiddle around 20min until I have equipped the desired loadout, this would speed up the whole thing.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
It's not a Ps4 specific thing, but I would love to have the ability to save loadouts for the ships. To change my Conda from a fighting to an explorer build takes quite a while. Obviously you have to be in a station where all your required modules are stored (or available for purchase).

That would also be handy if I want to wing up with a friend spontaneously. Sometimes I've to fiddle around 20min until I have equipped the desired loadout, this would speed up the whole thing.

You are probably best off posting generic stuff in the suggestions forum to be honest. :)

Where is voice command suggestion ?

has anyone suggested this before or i should open a new thread for it?

I have added this now as a few people have asked for it.

Last edited:

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
I'd like the CQC Rank 50 Trophy to be removed. not enough people play Arena and the mode is just pointless.

This would be very hard to do, considering people have worked for that trophy, I am not even sure if you can remove trophies like that, have other PS games done this.

This would be very hard to do, considering people have worked for that trophy, I am not even sure if you can remove trophies like that, have other PS games done this.

As far as I know Sony do not allow the removal of trophies as it's unfair on those who already earned them. However, it could be removed from the REQUIREMENTS for the Platinum trophy and the CQC trophies could be given their own 'DLC' type folder. This is something I would like to see as the only realistic alternative is to try and arrange 'boosting' sessions with like-minded players.

Last edited:

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
As far as I know Sony do not allow the removal of trophies as it's unfair on those who already earned them. However, it could be removed from the REQUIREMENTS for the Platinum trophy and the CQC trophies could be given their own 'DLC' type folder. This is something I would like to see as the only realistic alternative is to try and arrange 'boosting' sessions with like-minded players.

This was actually asked for before launch, never happened and I doubt it will. I supported it at that time. I have now put the effort in to get a group together and work on these trophies, they are tough but its doable if you get a group together.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...0-trophies-in-solo-mode-(and-no-CQC-trophies)

After playing for two weeks I'm still saddened that you can't land ships on other ships... (station to take with you... sure would cut down transfer times. "Should be removed from game and be replaced with moving stations/ships." Would be nice to not have to load over and over again just to pick up a ship. And I found a glitch that if in a cz with an anaconda, you're shields drop from small laser's right? well one of those lasers if timed right ... just 1 shot.... from a pulse laser from a viper mkIII can make a 25% shielded, 100% Armor, 2,200+ HP Anaconda with reinforcements go "POP" like a watermelon. Submitted ticket, with video & am now waiting for response. Had 1 person with over 1 year of gameplay and another person review the footage, all agree its a glitch.... anyway (don't really care about a drone piloted by a guy who isn't even on your ship and takes your money) just put the guy in the ship and make him use ships you purchase... Cannot be stressed enough, thousands of people are wanting this. End Rant....

After playing for two weeks I'm still saddened that you can't land ships on other ships... (station to take with you... sure would cut down transfer times. "Should be removed from game and be replaced with moving stations/ships." Would be nice to not have to load over and over again just to pick up a ship. And I found a glitch that if in a cz with an anaconda, you're shields drop from small laser's right? well one of those lasers if timed right ... just 1 shot.... from a pulse laser from a viper mkIII can make a 25% shielded, 100% Armor, 2,200+ HP Anaconda with reinforcements go "POP" like a watermelon. Submitted ticket, with video & am now waiting for response. Had 1 person with over 1 year of gameplay and another person review the footage, all agree its a glitch.... anyway (don't really care about a drone piloted by a guy who isn't even on your ship and takes your money) just put the guy in the ship and make him use ships you purchase... Cannot be stressed enough, thousands of people are wanting this. End Rant....

In real life would you haul your car in the back of you pickup, when going to pickup the family, then tow your pickup back to the house. I own three cars, a one ton pickup, a fishing boat, a 32 ft, sail boat, a full dressed, full size Yamaha Roadster, and though I still own it, I no longer fly my four seat Cessna 172. I can't imagine hauling any one of them but the fishing boat with my pickup when utilizing another. They all have their specific purpose, and it doesn't include being totted around by one of the others until the possibility of its usefullness presents itself.

Part of owning a ship besides making sure to have sufficent rebuy, is also the ability to upgrade, engineer, and if the case warrents, shipping. If any of those are too much to handle financally, then one really can't afford it.

ED is a game that one can never win, it's only ending is when one personally deceides to move on to another endevor and shelves it. Thus don't be in a hurry, no one is waiting for you, nor care how fast or in what direction you choose to go. DO NOT COMPARE and if so, STOP IT! It will make you crazy and the game farless interesting than it's possibilities allow.

Maybe a in between would be to support 3d televisions. I have a couple of games for the ps4 in 3d and its awesome.

Not everyone want to wear a headset, especially for long periods that this game demands. A set of 3d glasses and it would circumvent playstaion copyright rules.

I can just imagine seeing everything pop in 3d.

My LG TV can apply 3D to a 2D picture. But the function provides depth to the picture rather than making it pop out at you.

ED works well with this mode switched on, but it does reduce the sharpness.

CMDR Jumpjack75

I don't know any Commander ark question Elite Dangerous plan to Playstation Store Asia (Z3).
Now i play ED with PSN Z3 but buy ED with PSN Z1.
Some time i wan to Extra skin and other but can't.
I pleased buy again if ED come to Playstation Store Asia (Z3).

THX.

My LG TV can apply 3D to a 2D picture. But the function provides depth to the picture rather than making it pop out at you.

ED works well with this mode switched on, but it does reduce the sharpness.

CMDR Jumpjack75

Yeh, I’ve tried that and it’s surprisingly effective. Still, with the core game engine capable of supporting dual display rendering for VR, a simple 3D mode would seem to be entirely plausible and something I’d love to see.

Have we given up on eye tracking via PS Camera? Will we ever get an answer?

In my experience, eye-tracking isn't great. Because of the involuntary eye-twitching the software has to introduce a delay (or threshold) to smooth this out, which results in lag when looking about. Head tracking is far better, more precise and more responsive.

Still, given the relative lack of buttons on a gamepad, eye tracking is still probably better than the alternatives!

Have we given up on eye tracking via PS Camera? Will we ever get an answer?

I recently acquired this camera as part of the PSVR package, so now I'm curious about this. Do any PS4 games use the camera for eye tracking? Does anyone know if eye tracking is handled by PS4-OS or if it's got to be coded into the game itself? If the latter, I would worry that the extra CPU cycles required would take away from ED's framerate, which would be actually be detrimental to smooth eye tracking.

FWIW, I'm personally not requesting eye tracking even though I now have the camera, mainly because the gyroscopic headlook on DS4 is so nicely implemented. I also question how good it would be, since most players sit quite a distance from the camera. My PSVR has a hard enough time tracking the big glowing balls on my move controllers that have built-in gyroscopes, so I'm really skeptical that it can track my tiny non-glowing eyes with any sort of precision...

NEW REQUEST

Please consider giving us more options under the "Alternate Flight Controls" customizations. For our regular flight controls, we can chose between analog sticks or digital buttons, but we only have the analog sticks available for alternate flight controls. What I would personally like to do is swap the weapon triggers (L1 & R1 in my case) over to lateral thrusters when switching to alt flight controls, so that I have full control of all thrusters without taking my thumbs off the sticks. If you replicate the menu used for regular flight controls, copying it to alt flight controls, that would give us this control. Have it so that whatever is assigned to alt flight controls overrides the regular use of buttons (so in my case, I won't be able to fire weapons when flying alt). This would be very helpful on the DS4, and I don't believe it would be that hard to code.

Thanks Lloyd!!!

ps - the triggers can provide analog data; not sure about L1 & R1

Top Bottom