Elite Dangerous PS4 Feature Requests and PS4 FAQ

I'm playing ED from a premier on ps4, I wanted to ask if and when crossplay between pc and xbox plus playstation will be implemented?
(I doubt in it, seeing Frontier lack of power or will to make ED an even better game; this game has so much potential in it; maybe the Devs need a strong competitor... )

We've been asked for the same for a while.
Given that we have the new xbox and playstation coming christmas and new Elite DLC coming Q1 2021, I wouldn't expect anything before the Odyssey update

I wish for a more rational layout for the HOTAS joystick combo [or any flight stick for that matter], multiple keypress functions simply aren't implimented in any rational manner [and foolish ones are duplicated], using a physical controller that actually mirrors the one shown as my in-game avatar's flight control layout should actually work better, not much worse..

I wish for a more rational layout for the HOTAS joystick combo [or any flight stick for that matter], multiple keypress functions simply aren't implimented in any rational manner [and foolish ones are duplicated], using a physical controller that actually mirrors the one shown as my in-game avatar's flight control layout should actually work better, not much worse..
Being able to combine a hotas and keyboard would remedy this so quickly and vastly improve immersion for console players across the world

It would also be nice if you could use your Hotus while on Party and use the Keyboard to type you can only have 2 out of 3 It was an improvement using the keyboard to input destinations though just thankful for small mercy,s

It would be better if places like the Formidine Rift were a lot more spooky instead of just empty or abandoned structures. The trip is still very interesting and the search for the reports/logs by the crews that were sent out are easy to find. My ideas to make these Bases more spooky would be to add a roof level Mist that is only present around the Bases. So when you jump into your SRV you have to drive into the mist to start your search for reports etc.. Also, in the reports there are suggestions of odd noises and lights that appear and disappear. Although these are reported to be in space not on the ground. These could be added at random places around the Bases. For example when you're approaching the Bases in your Ship a loud noise could be heard and a flash of light that dims very quickly in the Base so that it would be difficult to find, if you could find it at all. Add into this a couple of doors being half open, and you're able to shine your SRV light in there and spot some sort of Ancient Artifact that is unreachable. It would make the adventure a lot more interesting and enjoyable.
Just a couple of ideas I had. Off to Hawkins Gap soon.
Bye folks, fly dangerous!!
MightyPotter out.

I'd like to see Fdev start to help players to at least try to get the technology like the Thargoids have to pull us out of Hyperspace and also for us to pull ourselves out of H'space too. And the development of a new Space Drive rather than just an FSD. It could be called the Super Light Drive or something like that. A new(ish) ship too. From the very earliest version of the game, the Barrel, a massive Cargo boat that can only dock externally at Larger Coriolis Stations. On some Stations there looks like there could be a place for this to already be accomplished, it's like a 'wedge' type of structure, I don't have a screenshot of the area I'm talking about I'm afraid. There are not enough space vehicles in my opinion. There should be lots of small ships with various functions such as space Taxi's, short in system cargo ships, maintenance bots/ships etc etc.

Thwarptide

Banned
I'm not greedy in my desire for big improvements. As it is, what the game currently offers is very very unique in the gaming world. But if I were to request anything of minor significance, it would be for Cup holders and reclining, vibrating seats. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK! 😠😡 (🤪)

Thwarptide

Banned
I hear you. Been playing the game since release and many many times have had discussions about this very thing.

Gary
That bright yellow can be seriously taxing on the eyes.
The ability to shut down interior cockpit lights (not panel lights) that shine in your face gets really annoying at times. Hey we can turn on and off exterior head lamps so this shouldn't be to difficult to incorporate.

Reminds me of the days when Home Computers were just becoming a thing. Those Monochrome monitors were murder on the eyes, so is the HUD color. Thankfully that I have started up a PC account and there is a third party mod (that comes with some downsides) that changes the HUD color to more pleasant color of your choice.

Gary

Thwarptide

Banned
Reminds me of the days when Home Computers were just becoming a thing. Those Monochrome monitors were murder on the eyes, so is the HUD color. Thankfully that I have started up a PC account and there is a third party mod (that comes with some downsides) that changes the HUD color to more pleasant color of your choice.

Gary
512kb of drive space, floppy disc's.......
Young twerps these days wouldn't know what a floppy disc was.
"what's a floppy disc, dad?"
"shut up and eat your flap Jack's!"
"what's a flap ja---" ~SMACK~ (across the mouth) 😜🤣🤪

512kb of drive space, floppy disc's.......
Young twerps these days wouldn't know what a floppy disc was.
"what's a floppy disc, dad?"
"shut up and eat your flap Jack's!"
"what's a flap ja---" ~SMACK~ (across the mouth) 😜🤣🤪
1MB HD? How can anyone possibly fill that? I remember stating that to a friend that had a 1MB HD for his Commodore 64.

I was hoping we have advanced since then, so the ability to change colors on the console would be something I would pay ARX for as well.

Gary

What about an app that could map secondary controls. Things like chaff, heatsink, gear instead of have dual button configurations.
Allready rejected like K&M usage is never coming. Consoles have had that option from day ZERO just like Keyboard and mouse is a pipe dream now so is this...
Also all of these apps will not work on PS5 that was confirmed as killed off as well by SIE, As compainion apps using officail playlink app code are also dead on PS5 now...

Allready rejected like K&M usage is never coming. Consoles have had that option from day ZERO just like Keyboard and mouse is a pipe dream now so is this...
Also all of these apps will not work on PS5 that was confirmed as killed off as well by SIE, As compainion apps using officail playlink app code are also dead on PS5 now...
Isn't XBox embracing K&M? Maybe I misread a post some time ago. I'll be honest, if I ever upgrade my console, I'm very tempted to switch over to XBox. Their stance on things like backwards-compatibility and cross-platform (at least between console and PC) is much more impressive than Sony IMO. I've also "outgrown" many of the Sony exclusives. I much rather play flight simulator than Uncharted 99. Of course I'll keep my PS4 for all my current titles. Between that and my gaming PC, I may not need to ever buy another console, but if I ever do, I just don't see it being the PS5 - my honeymoon with Sony is over.

Isn't XBox embracing K&M? Maybe I misread a post some time ago. I'll be honest, if I ever upgrade my console, I'm very tempted to switch over to XBox. Their stance on things like backwards-compatibility and cross-platform (at least between console and PC) is much more impressive than Sony IMO. I've also "outgrown" many of the Sony exclusives. I much rather play flight simulator than Uncharted 99. Of course I'll keep my PS4 for all my current titles. Between that and my gaming PC, I may not need to ever buy another console, but if I ever do, I just don't see it being the PS5 - my honeymoon with Sony is over.
Microsoft is Now pushing K&M yes but only YEARS after Fdev developed ED for Xbox one... they were heavy against It untill they started "play anywhere" licensing and buying publishers to make them first party games and not third party...
Games like project cars and other titles did keyboard support with out any support from microsoft...
Many titles released before Elite had K&M from day zero but Fdev titles did not. FF14 did.. Warframe got K&M on PS4 long before the before the Xbox one beta firmware tests with warframe...
Keyboard and mouse use has been available on PS2 in games. It was supported by SIE with games like UT3 and other titles on PS3. Sony released there air mouse controllers (move) which resulted in many players instantly getting better at FPS games and Killing DS3 users way quicker. so PC developers added K&M to there shooters like dust 514 as well...
Lack of K&M for Elite was nothing but Fdevs choice...
SIE went and did all the hard work and set up playlink and second screen app functions and micro soft had the Glass app for xbox one but even that is not being used by developers beyond Social party titles...
The galaxy map is way way way way better with out that cursor suck in the middle...

Last edited:
I have maybe a weeks worth of play time invested in this game so far, recently got a PS4 and thoroughly enjoying this game, I just have a few curiosity's i am thinking about. first i have a friend with a PS3 still and funny enough some of the "Online Games" still have an audience i was taken a bit by surprise. I plan to explore this game for a very long time, at first i was considering jumping on the PS5 train. But with how much i am enjoying the game and with a small budget, i am seriously reconsidering regardless if this does port over to PS5 or not. Secondly when i purchased this game in the PS4 store Immediately it directed me to buy the PlayStation+ is this needed to continue after it expires for single player? I was told it was not, but with being thrown into a PS+ membership. i am hoping once it expires i can still play single player? is this correct to assume?? I also apologize if i am not in the correct thread for these questions, but i thank anyone with updated info!

I have maybe a weeks worth of play time invested in this game so far, recently got a PS4 and thoroughly enjoying this game, I just have a few curiosity's i am thinking about. first i have a friend with a PS3 still and funny enough some of the "Online Games" still have an audience i was taken a bit by surprise. I plan to explore this game for a very long time, at first i was considering jumping on the PS5 train. But with how much i am enjoying the game and with a small budget, i am seriously reconsidering regardless if this does port over to PS5 or not. Secondly when i purchased this game in the PS4 store Immediately it directed me to buy the PlayStation+ is this needed to continue after it expires for single player? I was told it was not, but with being thrown into a PS+ membership. i am hoping once it expires i can still play single player? is this correct to assume?? I also apologize if i am not in the correct thread for these questions, but i thank anyone with updated info!

Welcome aboard. You only need PS+ for open and private group. Solo will always be playable without plus. But while you have it I highly recommend trying to get a wing up, always great fun. Feel free to reach out to me on PSN.

Top Bottom