Patch Notes Update Elite: Dangerous Update 1.04 Change Log

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Sometimes if you attacked a wanted ship, the cops pursuit you as they would if you attacked a clean one, based on what he said it looks like that the game only checked if the bounty on the wanted ship was made from the same faction as the cops, if not the cops then attacked you. And this update solves this issue.

"- When deciding if we should go hostile to a faction we just shot, consider whether the target has a local bounty rather than a bounty with their own faction. Prevent people being attacked by the police after attack nearby wanted targets"

Can someone describe this? I don't understand this sentence.

I have theories, nothing definitive though. ^^

"- When deciding if we should go hostile to a faction we just shot, consider whether the target has a local bounty rather than a bounty with their own faction. Prevent people being attacked by the police after attack nearby wanted targets"

I think it means if you shoot a green ship that has a WANTED status, the rest of the faction won't go red on you.

Also, stops cops from shooting you when you shoot a WANTED ship near a station.

I THINK! *grin*

- Updated exoplanets Kepler 438 b and 442 b

Wow that was quick. I only read about them this morning (or last night your time)! 2 new Earth-like exoplanets discovered and they're already in ED :D

It means when you attack someone with a bounty that just so happens to be the same faction the local cops belong to, they won't get all y and attack you.
Nor should any other ships of that faction in the area go hostile for you attacking something of their faction, if I'm reading it correctly that is.

This is my response.

Sometimes if you attacked a wanted ship, the cops pursuit you as they would if you attacked a clean one, based on what he said it looks like that the game only checked if the bounty on the wanted ship was made from the same faction as the cops, if not the cops then attacked you. And this update solves this issue.

Sorry, I don't know how to delete my last post :(

When deciding if we should go hostile to a faction we just shot, consider whether the target has a local bounty rather than a bounty with their own faction. Prevent people being attacked by the police after attack nearby wanted targets

Woo!

Been looking forward to this fix for a long time :D

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom