Elite Dangerous Update 14.01 Deployment Imminent.

Decommission your carrier if you leave the game for a while.
IF you dont, you pay for it and we deal with the clutter.
But it's a broken game mechanic. I didn't know if I was going to be away for a week or several months. Just what if the reason for my absence was due to an illness? Which it was of a sort. I had bigger things to think about than Elite at the time.

I don't honestly think it's a big ask for my game progress to be found in the same position I left it frankly. But thanks for your comment.

Yes, indeed. I appreciate other fixes, but this is such stupid, that I haven't words to describe it.
-land on any planet
-scan bacterias for 10 minutes (yes, you can do it such fast, bubble is full of atmo planets, and I scanned hundreds planets, so I know, how fast it can be)
-GG, you earned more than explorer which found and mapped earthlike. Actually more than 3/4 earthlikes if smh you earned first log. And we are talking about species which are...well...everything is more valuable :)

Cool "balance" :)

Now you can print meaningless credits on new broken thing, I will do what I like, and ignore payouts (fun is main payout, I just hate broken balance in relation "required knowledge/skill/gear/payouts", what is quite common in this game, because frontier care only about 1 factor- time.)

You fail to take into account;

• Time taken to find a planet or moon with Bio life on it; once you're away from the bubble or Colonia, you're in unexplored territory. Not every system has planets, and not every system with planets has biolife in it at all.
  • Time taken to fly to said body
  • Time taken to surface scan, see the bio life detected, decide which area to land
  • Time taken to fly down to said area
  • Time taken to take all 3 samples. This can vary from a few minutes to much, much longer, depending on the planet, the area, and the scattering of the biolife.
  • Time taken to find some of the higher-value biolife; it's not all on every planet in every system!

Dismissing exobiology gameplay with a blanket "scan bacterias for 10 minutes" just isn't on. Try exploring away from the bubble and not using any nice "road to riches"-type lists. Then you'll get a true idea of just how much time it takes to find and take samples.

But it's a broken game mechanic. I didn't know if I was going to be away for a week or several months. Just what if the reason for my absence was due to an illness? Which it was of a sort. I had bigger things to think about than Elite at the time.

I don't honestly think it's a big ask for my game progress to be found in the same position I left it frankly. But thanks for your comment.
Very clearly states there is an upkeep on these vessels, you have a machine capable of generating an absolute tonne of income, that is not going to be without a tax. Carrier upkeep is there to stop this type of behaviour, buy, profit, forget.

Pretty much every other aspect of the game (aside from Power Play) is pick up and put down. FCs are not.

If I have an illness and because of surgery I cannot pay my car's taxes, they can take away the car. I can take my surgery papers and explain the situation and maybe they will give back my car, but from their perspective I was not paying for something I should be.
I guess (just like in real life) the same can apply here: you send your reasons to the devs and they can help you maybe.

A few times I was crashing because of faulty game mechanic and FDevs gave me back the ship fee, so there is always a possibility.
Apart from that, don't buy an FC if you cannot keep it up actively.

@sallymorganmoore
I really hope that after this update, human tech brokers will have FSD 6A for sale for my research Anaconda. I really need an increased jump.
A whole year has already passed when such a drive could be earned for participating in the CG, and for a whole year there has been no way to acquire this useful drive

Very clearly states there is an upkeep on these vessels, you have a machine capable of generating an absolute tonne of income, that is not going to be without a tax. Carrier upkeep is there to stop this type of behaviour, buy, profit, forget.

Pretty much every other aspect of the game (aside from Power Play) is pick up and put down. FCs are not.
Consider this genuine curiosity, honest. How a FC is supposed to generate tonnes of income exactly? (even more so as you put it as a "buy and forget" mechanic)

Asking for a friend, you know.... ;)

You dont lose game progress.
You lose your house if you dont pay the rent.
OR at least that was the mechanic i got used to in every MMO that included housing.

Same in Elite. 🤷‍♂️

With the mention that at least in ED you get refunded most of your investment in the carrier
And an easy way to make sure that your cash balance is safe is to deposit the upkeep only for 1-2 weeks - this way if you have to take an unplanned break, you dont lose your hard earned cash (and we get saved from the clutter)

In the notes at the known issues segment there is the issue with the invisible thargoids. But I want to make a correction here: They occur not only above surface settlements -as the patch note writes - but in space too, around space station. I hope this correction helps, might be an important detail.
Thank you for your great work! o7

I've said what I wanted to say. I'm not going down that rabbit hole of arguing about it. Those days are gone.
No, isn't.
Carrier is megaship with crew, and this crew has salary :)
Except the crew can't seem to move Tritium from the cargo to the Tritium depot. That's the Captain's job with his own ship 🙂

If only issue fixes were deployed as swiftly as nerfs, imagine the amazingly awesome game we could have.

yea, indeed...
I managed to get only one toon to Exobio Elite - i should have known better and hurry up.
If the ranking rates go back to pre-U14 levels i will skip it altogether - i dont really need the extra cash and the rank was only a prestige thingie not a must have one.

I wish the Carrier so called "upkeep" would get reconsidered please. When you take some time away from the game, which we're all entitled to do for various reasons, to come back and find a huge chunk of the credits you've earned have been deleted, does somewhat sap the motivation to even carry on again.
Its a space sim. Think of the up keep as paying your crew, maintenance and so on. Just saying

Top Bottom