Elite Dangerous Update 14.01 Deployment Imminent.

Feedback on the exo bio payouts. issue pre update 14 was payouts too little and the grind to elite way too much. you tried to address the payouts which is great, but went a little too far. now we are increasing the rank grind out again but leaving the crazy high payouts? I think a better answer would be to leave rank grind as it is, but maybe just roll back the payouts a little to a happy middle ground

Now I won't even bother. Exobiology has gotta be the most mindnumbingly boring task I ever done in any game, ever. The flying/driving around for hours with no helpful scanning/scouting tools except your vehicle's external camera is the deal breaker for me.
I didn't bother to do it before because the payout was next to nothing. But now I welcome Exobiology as an extension to Exploration. Instead of only scanning systems and planets I now can also swoop down on one and scan some plants. Some plants like living at the bottom of canyons so sometimes it involves some fancy canyon flying which (for me at least) is fun.

I'm glad that this activity not necessarily requires an SRV. I do most of the work with a ship. Plants are easy to spot 100 meters over the ground, swoop down and land, disembark on foot, scan the plant, get back on board and back into the air. The smaller the ship, the easier it gets. If this would only be possible with an SRV then I wouldn't do it. I hate SRV driving.

That's certainly true, but they are still way more common than ELWs.

definitely 👆
and a bit of a side story from yesterday, already posted in another thread

1700 ly far from the bubble, jumped into this system (which surprisingly was completely untagged) composed of a binary (iirc F+K), 13 planetary bodies (including 1 ELW and 2x HMC)
UC listed the pay as: 6 millions including first discovery bonus (i also mapped the ELW, the 2 HMC and 1 rocky)
The same very system - the rocky body mentioned above had 8 bio signals - VG offered 108 millions value (including first discovery bonus)

Sally- on a related note which has not been addressed AFAIK.....a number of Powerplay people were wondering about how the Goids affect Powerplay- for example does Thargoid control which zeroes population also affect CC, and that what happens if Thargoids (somehow) invade and occupy Powerplay capitals (which would essentially stop that Power from doing anything)?

I just visited Farkas Oasis in HIP 23716, and............no progress bar, endless scouts, and something like 10 players ready for big fight......waiting, waiting.....for 14.02?
For Godot?

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2022-12-07 205338.jpg
    Снимок экрана 2022-12-07 205338.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 71
Well, shoot. Looks like the non-critical issues getting fixed while the critical ones are admitted, but not addressed. I would think nerfing payouts on the elusive Orthrus would come well after fixing combat instances that are not completing and weeks of timer going down days instead of weeks. I mean, maybe I'm wrong, but the broken new BGS should likely be priority I would think. I do appreciate that issues are being corrected, but I think the microscope is on the wrong sample.
It's picking the low-hanging fruit while you work on bigger issues.

COMMANDERS
Few minutes over the due for release time - please stand by o7

With this update I'm getting a really odd issue where the crash reporter comes up on first launch but the client continues to load, although it freezes for about 1-2 minutes after 5-6 seconds, and then repeats. As I write this it's currently frozen on the main menu and I cannot interact with it.

Please do note:
We completely understand that these are 'top layer known issues' to fall from the recent update and are in no way an indicator of the only issues raised in game by you all to date.
  • We remain aware that you're all eager to hear more on progress of all issues important to you and appreciate this sentiment wholly. We'll continue to work hard to provide progress updates as we move forward.

Please do note:
We completely understand that these are 'top layer known issues' to fall from the recent update and are in no way an indicator of the only issues raised in game by you all to date.
  • We remain aware that you're all eager to hear more on progress of all issues important to you and appreciate this sentiment wholly. We'll continue to work hard to provide progress updates as we move forward.
I am sure it will get better from fix to fix and update to update.
I missed Apex long distance travel in the known issues from update 14.01 and by the way Apex is not usable right now after update 14.

After Farkas Oasis again, where progress bar was blocked at 100% this time, and endless scouts again, I visited Wolf Orbital in HIP 23716, and invisible Cyclop is there!
Progress bar blocked. I speak about open mode, of course.

I am sure it will get better from fix to fix and update to update.
I missed Apex long distance travel in the known issues from update 14.01 and by the way Apex is not usable right now after update 14.
Really? What's going on with Apex this time? I've been poking out of the bubble so I wasn't aware it broke.

Really? What's going on with Apex this time? I've been poking out of the bubble so I wasn't aware it broke.
You can only book short distance shuttles. Long distance shuttle is broken. When you select another system and try to select a drop off point menu disappears.

See here: https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/55901

Hope it gets enough votes to be fixed soon. Actually it is in "confirming" state. Has to be on "confirmed" to finally can be voted on.
Maybe it gets fixed soon without enough votes.

Top Bottom