Elite Dangerous Update 14.01 Deployment Imminent.

"Fixed ports not requiring docking permission when unaffected by the Thargoid invasion."

So THAT'S why I didn't get the ATC yelling at me when I forgot to request docking before going through the mailslot earlier today.

Not gonna lie, coulda left this in as a 'feature'. I found it much more convenient not having to fly back out before requesting again and being allowed to just land. :p

Try exploring away from the bubble and not using any nice "road to riches"-type lists. Then you'll get a true idea of just how much time it takes to find and take samples.
Like this?
trasa.PNG

You don't go 1k ly to ONE planet.
You are making jumps. 50ly from bubble. 100. 150. 200. In each system you can find something (especially with exobiology, hello! I even found few first logs IN BUBBLE), so I dont think, that things like "going to system where you found it" should be important factor. You travelled distance to explore, not find one certain, valuable sample . Not all systems have biosignals? So? They are common enough to say "30x boost is too big".

Oh, because people love saying "you never tried X if you think, that boost for X is to big". I tried.
dane54.PNG

Sorry, but millions from fast scans are to good.
25 millions for stratum tectonicas is to big.
More than 100 millions for first log of sample WHEN VALUABLE PLANETS ARENT MORE EXPENSIVE THAN 5M is to big too.

But it's a broken game mechanic. I didn't know if I was going to be away for a week or several months. Just what if the reason for my absence was due to an illness? Which it was of a sort. I had bigger things to think about than Elite at the time.

I don't honestly think it's a big ask for my game progress to be found in the same position I left it frankly. But thanks for your comment.

It was pretty simple to bank up over 2 years upkeep on a carrier I purchased for my ALT. My main has 6 years worth banked into his. If I become sick enough to worry much about my carrier upkeep... well I suspect my carrier upkeep will not be my concern actually. Decommission or remove the services if you know you have to be away a long time. With years banked I'm not going sweat leaving it for months at a time. Considering I can bank months more time with a few hours of credit earnings.

It seems like all station orbits are much tighter in EDO. It certainly feels like the EDO approach to station is far different from what it was in 3.8

Planets still virtually invisible

The thruster calibration is still off - noticeably landing a Cutter at a FC

Also the DC alignment to the docking port on entrance is still skewed about 15 degrees clockwise

But in general, I'm finding the EDO performance a bit improved. I'm very grateful that the system connectors on the Galaxy map no longer have to be reset every time I log on and swapping ships is excellent now.

Thanks for those fixes - some progress

Like this?
View attachment 336425

You don't go 1k ly to ONE planet.
You are making jumps. 50ly from bubble. 100. 150. 200. In each system you can find something (especially with exobiology, hello! I even found few first logs IN BUBBLE), so I dont think, that things like "going to system where you found it" should be important factor. You travelled distance to explore, not find one certain, valuable sample . Not all systems have biosignals? So? They are common enough to say "30x boost is too big".

Oh, because people love saying "you never tried X if you think, that boost for X is to big". I tried.
View attachment 336426

Good on you!

Your argument still fails for the reasons I laid out earlier. As other have also said, now exobiology pays out better and more in line with the Cr-per-hour of most other in-game activities.

The only silly thing about that was the rank progress not also being adjusted to suit - this has now been fixed.

EDIT to add: BTW I've sometimes flown more than 150,000Ls to some planet for exobiology. I'll do that if I find some planet that far away from the jump-in point which has a lot of signals on it.

It's good to see some issues addressed. I hope there are more coming. The one really grinding on me right now is the comms panel.

It was pretty simple to bank up over 2 years upkeep on a carrier I purchased for my ALT. My main has 6 years worth banked into his. If I become sick enough to worry much about my carrier upkeep... well I suspect my carrier upkeep will not be my concern actually. Decommission or remove the services if you know you have to be away a long time. With years banked I'm not going sweat leaving it for months at a time. Considering I can bank months more time with a few hours of credit earnings.

Takes money to make money in Elite Dangerous. Once you have the carrier, it is actually a lot easier to make money to keep it up. It's earning it in the first place that I find difficult. If you're not around for the money making bug of the month or don't like the type of activity that is currently the good earner, money comes very slowly.

As other have also said, now exobiology pays out better and more in line with the Cr-per-hour of most other in-game activities.
Cool, I see it :)

Shame that it has nothing to do with any logic, when 1 activity needs suit for 100k to reach their max credit potential (which is also very high), meanwhile other things require ships for hundreds millions, engineering, knowledge and some skill from...well, playing game.
On exploration I have basically "turn off certain star types" knoweledge. Exobiology isn't much harder. Be realist. We aren't scientists or skillzords by doing exobiology. That's why I think, that payouts boosted by 30 times are absurd.

But I guess, that I'm in minority, because all people see only "time/credit", and nothing outside it. Previous payouts were bad, and I agree with it.
But I think, that x3 boost+ next x5 for first logs could be good enough. This small boost could mean basically 1,5m for bacterias, which from my experience are everywhere, and even more than 10 millions for more expensive things, which (also from my experience) aren't rare, because I seen few of them daily. For me it isn't bad payout.

I'm for true balance, not stupid "X credits per hour from ALL activities". It isn't balance. No when different activities require completely different level of knowledge and ships.

Time taken to find a planet or moon with Bio life on it; once you're away from the bubble or Colonia, you're in unexplored territory. Not every system has planets, and not every system with planets has biolife in it at all.
That's certainly true, but they are still way more common than ELWs.

I got a bit over 100M in an hour by hopping through new systems (no third party tools to find good systems first, not even using the map filters to get a better likely temperature range) and scanning the easily-accessible plants (which were all first discoveries, because I was a little over 50 LY from Colonia). I'm not saying that payout is wrong - it's a more involved process involving more skill to do it quickly than the average 100M/hour earner ... and it's not as if credit earnings are that important nowadays anyway - but it does make the ELWs look a bit cheap by comparison.

I suppose it depends on whether you see ELW payments as "for the entire planet, because we can't land now" (should be higher) or "'when' we can land they'll be worth tens of billions from all the types of life that we can scan" (fine as-is)

More than 100 millions for first log of sample WHEN VALUABLE PLANETS ARENT MORE EXPENSIVE THAN 5M is to big too.
You are talking about the displayed first log bonus? I never got this bonus. This insane value is a lie. Bug reports are already open for this.

I'm currently collecting samples extensively and I got pretty fast in finding the samples on a planet and I'm making good money. But it is not as much money as you can do with other activities in the same time like the silly Robigo Run.

In my opinion the payout is ok (but this display bug which shows the wrong bonus must be fixed). But this doesn't mean the game is well balanced. All activities should average to the same "Credits per hour" value.

Yes, indeed. I appreciate other fixes, but this is such stupid, that I haven't words to describe it.
-land on any planet
-scan bacterias for 10 minutes (yes, you can do it such fast, bubble is full of atmo planets, and I scanned hundreds planets, so I know, how fast it can be)
-GG, you earned more than explorer which found and mapped earthlike. Actually more than 3/4 earthlikes if smh you earned first log. And we are talking about species which are...well...everything is more valuable :)

Cool "balance" :)

Now you can print meaningless credits on new broken thing, I will do what I like, and ignore payouts (fun is main payout, I just hate broken balance in relation "required knowledge/skill/gear/payouts", what is quite common in this game, because frontier care only about 1 factor- time.)
I guess, you are not doing much Exo search, do you?
Sure it is 10 minutes. Landing excluded. Provided the lighting is good, the bacteria spot is contrast enough, and there are no lifesigns but said bacteria. Search for bacteriae can easily take an hour on dim-lighted distant brown dwarf planets.
Then, there are species that love mountains. Fungoids, say. An hour search in average.
Then, sometimes the cat is not in the room. Say, tussock hotspots generated only in mountains. Tussock does not live in mountains. Two hour search, no cat.

I'd say flying up the planet and sending three to five probes is not that hard. Pretty much easier and cost-effective. Lazy-bone business🤣

yea, indeed...
I managed to get only one toon to Exobio Elite - i should have known better and hurry up.
If the ranking rates go back to pre-U14 levels i will skip it altogether - i dont really need the extra cash and the rank was only a prestige thingie not a must have one.

I was only doing it for the suit cosmetics and started after U14 because of the increased payouts. Managed to get from 0 to Geneticist in 2-3 days (~242 mil sold).

Now I won't even bother. Exobiology has gotta be the most mindnumbingly boring task I ever done in any game, ever. The flying/driving around for hours with no helpful scanning/scouting tools except your vehicle's external camera is the deal breaker for me.

Well, shoot. Looks like the non-critical issues getting fixed while the critical ones are admitted, but not addressed. I would think nerfing payouts on the elusive Orthrus would come well after fixing combat instances that are not completing and weeks of timer going down days instead of weeks. I mean, maybe I'm wrong, but the broken new BGS should likely be priority I would think. I do appreciate that issues are being corrected, but I think the microscope is on the wrong sample.

Top Bottom