Elite Dangerous YouTube 3D Animated Mini Series

Commander!! O7

Due to new Ideas, I've decided to add more detail/work to my current scene than planed, so I've uploaded the updated Images.

1612078385541.png
1612078430417.png

1612078504548.png
1612078672530.png

1612079693831.png

Hope you guys are safe and well!

See you in the Void, Commanders!!

Last edited:
Thanks, they're layered which gives them a 3-dimensional look
I'll remember that. It might come in useful. :)
The displays are image mapped? You could animate them, you know. ;)
At this point I'll mention that I have been inside the skin of a Coriolis station. It was in the Beta and I must have hit a hole in the mesh when I was looking at the structure close up, in the rear. It was all clipped views until I went into the interior proper. Where I was promptly killed.

I'll remember that. It might come in useful. :)
The displays are image mapped? You could animate them, you know. ;)
At this point I'll mention that I have been inside the skin of a Coriolis station. It was in the Beta and I must have hit a hole in the mesh when I was looking at the structure close up, in the rear. It was all clipped views until I went into the interior proper. Where I was promptly killed.
I have animated a few, the ones higher up. What's Odyssey like and did you test VR?

No, not Odyssey. ED pre-release Beta.
I don't have VR, I bought a 3D screen to my regret.

Fair enough, I would always recommend VR with Elite, It's not just a gimmick, this time. You get a sense of spatial awareness and scale like you're inside of the craft. Also, you can follow the you're target with your eyes and head while manoeuvring giving you more information to work with.

I forgot to Answer your question about mapping the Images. The typical term used for that process is 'UV mapping', where you map and lay out all sides/polygons of an object allowing the software to apply a texture or material, which you have to do for everything apart from lights/emission shaders.

Last edited:
Fair enough, I would always recommend VR with Elite, It's not just a gimmick, this time. You get a sense of spatial awareness and scale like you're inside of the craft. Also, you can follow the you're target with your eyes and head while manoeuvring giving you more information to work with.
I'm moving house soon. Afterwards, if I have any money left, I will get myself a rig.

I forgot to Answer your question about mapping the Images. The typical term used for that process is 'UV mapping', where you map and lay out all sides/polygons of an object allowing the software to apply a texture or material, which you have to do for everything apart from lights/emission shaders.
I've not been using Blender for long. I used Pov-Ray for ages but its modeller has been unmaintained for nearly 15 years. So I was forced to look for something else. Blender impresses the Krait out of me. :D
Recently, I've been working on importing mesh sequences into Blender to build scenes around.
If I can help in a small way. Just ask.

I'm moving house soon. Afterwards, if I have any money left, I will get myself a rig.

I've not been using Blender for long. I used Pov-Ray for ages but its modeller has been unmaintained for nearly 15 years. So I was forced to look for something else. Blender impresses the Krait out of me. :D
Recently, I've been working on importing mesh sequences into Blender to build scenes around.
If I can help in a small way. Just ask.

You can get the Oculus Rift CV1 relatively cheap now, it's what I'm using.

And thanks for the offer, if the need arises, I will.

You can get the Oculus Rift CV1 relatively cheap now, it's what I'm using.

And thanks for the offer, if the need arises, I will.
Phew! ;) I am playing with Bullet Physics in Poser atm. I am on a run after about a year's break. The GUI and weight painting side of Poser are primitive.
I'll need to upgrade my graphics card from a GTX 970 too, for VR.

Commanders! O7

Today's work, base texture for the Arena entrance are done, will add more details when the whole scene has been Baked.

1612780827751.png

A shot of the holograms

1612783947216.png

Hope you're all safe and well!

Fly safe Commanders! O7

Last edited:
Commander! O7

Base texturing and some detailing for the Arena entrance tunnel, done.

1612862490799.png

Hope my work is doing Elite justice at this point.

Fly safe, Commander! O7

Top Bottom