Release Elite G19s Companion app (with simulated space traffic control)

Updating doesnt work, earlier the program worked when choosing not to update, now Windows wont let me start it, antivirus software gives a warning or ransom virus with the program.

Yep, update still not working (though without the virus warning here). What's going on?
The old version still works fine, I just have to refuse the update. Couldn't you possibly remove the update until it's fixed?

Yep, update still not working (though without the virus warning here). What's going on?
The old version still works fine, I just have to refuse the update. Couldn't you possibly remove the update until it's fixed?
It's still under investigation and I'm sure MagicMau will let us all know when he's found the reason :)

I can't speak for him but perhaps it needs to be set as a master version for him to mirror real life usage to isolate the problem.

hmmm maybe it's more related to the Windows 10 - 2004 update ? in the current hotfix they issued for that, the patchnotes mentioned an issue with .msi installers not working properly?? should have been fixed now, maybe that caused this ?

Hi Mau,
I try to bind a key that display Orrery view but it doesn't work.

"Function": "Screen Orrery",
"UseAlt": false,
"UseCtrl": false,
"UseShift": false,
"UseWin": false,
"Key": "F12",
"IsEnabled": true

Also, YouTube page doesn't work.

Thanks

how we making out- any progress? anything I can help with?
Sorry, it took me a while to find out where exactly things were going wrong and then to find a way to resolve it. It seems like I managed to introduce a bug in the installer itself, which you only find when either uninstalling or upgrading.

I think I may have found a solution. So, if you are running into the issue where an upgrade keeps "running into a problem", try the following and let me know if it solved the issue:
  1. Open a command prompt as Administrator
  2. Enter the following commands, which will remove the installer entries from the Windows registry:
    1. reg delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Installer\Products\80C697EF16E30BF4DB199625E3584A67
    2. reg delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Installer\Features\80C697EF16E30BF4DB199625E3584A67
    3. reg delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Installer\UpgradeCodes\80C697EF16E30BF4DB199625E0017637
  3. Download the latest version from https://apps.magicmau.nl/EliteG19s/ and try installing that.
Hopefully it should now all be fine. I totally understand if you are uncertain about trying this out yourselves. I will wrap it in a more user friendly way if it works for more people than just me :)

Sorry, it took me a while to find out where exactly things were going wrong and then to find a way to resolve it. It seems like I managed to introduce a bug in the installer itself, which you only find when either uninstalling or upgrading.

I think I may have found a solution. So, if you are running into the issue where an upgrade keeps "running into a problem", try the following and let me know if it solved the issue:
  2. Enter the following commands, which will remove the installer entries from the Windows registry:
    1. reg delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Installer\Products\80C697EF16E30BF4DB199625E3584A67
    2. reg delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Installer\Features\80C697EF16E30BF4DB199625E3584A67
    3. reg delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Installer\UpgradeCodes\80C697EF16E30BF4DB199625E0017637
  3. Download the latest version from https://apps.magicmau.nl/EliteG19s/ and try installing that.
Hopefully it should now all be fine. I totally understand if you are uncertain about trying this out yourselves. I will wrap it in a more user friendly way if it works for more people than just me :)
Good morning MagicMau,

Thank you so much for all your hard work! I've followed the steps and removed the registry entries with CMD administrator which was nice and easy, thank you.

I downloaded the most recent version installer which gets to the install files part but then says it doesn't have permission which hasn't happened before. Here's a screenshot of the folder in the background, the installer and the error.
1596790178727.png

P.S when I open the folder and any files, it has me as the owner already in properties - security - advanced.

I hope that helps. Thank you so much,
Evo

Last edited:
Could it be that the app is still running in the background? Because if you have all rights, access rights shouldn't be a problem. As a final resort, an additional step to take might be to manually undelete the files in C:\Users\You\AppData\Local\Programs\EliteG19s (just delete the whole folder) and then installing again.

Ah sorry! My stupid mistake. It was still running in the background. I closed the task and it worked without having to remove any files. It's up and running now :D

CHECK! it worked thnx MagicMau!

works like a charm bro - thanks for taking the time to fix it up. I recently took the trip from the bubble to Coloina then to Sat A and back to Colonia and cant tell you how much I missed this thing.

Hi MagicMau, I absolutely love this app. I use it with my G13. space control gets me sometimes when i am out in the black and i suddenly hear hello. The latest version of this does not seem to work well with my get up when i finally got it installed it just kept opening the companion app over and over again. Is there a way that i can get a link to the previous version?

ready working

Tried the tip of deleting registry and installing. Started, then I played the game, didnt notice any effect in game, then when ending game, and trying to start again, it doesnt let me. I have no rights to start. The quickstart icon had chanced to generic file, but trying to search for the exe had same result.
And when starting the new install, it still suggested that theres a new version, so i chose yes to install it.

Meanwhile I not only cannot update, I also cannot deinstall. It's not running when trying to deinstall, but I still can run it (without updating). I don't want to fiddle with my registry. What can I do to get rid of it?

Were you able to uninstall the app through the regular Add/Remove programs process?

Even if the question wasn't directed to me, I can't do that, and that's probably why the update process fails. Attempting to uninstall the app results in a progress bar that disappears just before the end. The app (old version) then still remains fully functional, there is no way to delete it (without going into the registry, which I don't have the knowledge for).

I have dared to do this now, and it seems to be working. When I went to the uninstall screen, it was already gone.

New version is running now. Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom