Release Elite G19s Companion app (with simulated space traffic control)

Hello, I am also having some trouble getting the No orrery data available screen even after connection to inara/edsm and doing a discovery scan. I am running it on the same computer and it updates when I jump into a new system, just doesn't display the orrery. I am pretty far out there, I am not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Hm, that's interesting. Sorry to read it's not working. Can you email me perhaps some details? In C:\Users\shroom2021\AppData\Roaming\EliteG19s there is a log.txt file which may give some interesting information as to why it's not working. Also, if you can include the latest journal file (Located in C:\Users\shroom2021\Saved Games\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous)? You can send them to magicmau at gmail dot com if you don't mind.

Hello,
First I want to say this is a great program. I have it on my gaming computer and is on my ARX program on my tablet. But I'm having trouble getting this program to work on my second computer which doesn't have Elite Dangerous. I just use the second computer for elite tool programs such as yours. I plugged in the INara and edsm keys and it just doesn't seem to have the information needed to run the Orrery. The screen says "No orrery data available". Can it only run on the same computer Elite is running on?

Hi, the app uses the game's journal files to retrieve the data. When you play on the same PC this usually works automatically. From a different PC you can create a network share and point the app to it by editing the C:\Users\gcudawilson\AppData\Roaming\EliteG19s\options.json file and change or add the option "JournalsFolder" to point to the right location.

Alternatively there is an option to use Frontier's API to download the data. I created this for CMDRs playing on Xbox or Playstation, but it may work for PC players too. Go to Options and select "Switch CMDR". Also make sure that in API and Sharing you have enabled the option to connect to ED's API. Otherwise it won't work :)

Hm, that's interesting. Sorry to read it's not working. Can you email me perhaps some details? In C:\Users\shroom2021\AppData\Roaming\EliteG19s there is a log.txt file which may give some interesting information as to why it's not working. Also, if you can include the latest journal file (Located in C:\Users\shroom2021\Saved Games\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous)? You can send them to magicmau at gmail dot com if you don't mind.
Thanks! I will send those today. I might also try the option to use Frontier's API as well. I am not sure what it is setup to use at the moment.

I have uploaded a new beta version of the app. Unfortunately I don't have much time to playtest it myself, but if some of you are willing to give it a try to see if everything still works, that would be great.
Here is the download link: https://apps.magicmau.nl/Beta/EliteG19s-latest.msi

Here's a list of changes since the last published version (which was July last year, really?):
  • Added option ScreenshotFolder to specify where screenshots are saved
  • The Lua scripting API has a new command: Speak(line)
  • Fixed some issues in the Philips Hue interface
  • The Arx app now honors the "Use game time" option
  • Improvements to the orreries for more realistic orbit periods
  • Spotify integration improved by fixing many little bugs
  • On larger screens (so not on the G19 keyboard itself) where you would use the mouse to interact with the app, I have redesigned the menu system to make it easier to do so. Feedback welcome to see if this can be improved further, I still feel it's not always intuitive to use.
  • You can now select which audio device to listen to for the audio visualizer, it will default to the default audio device on startup.
  • Added experimental DirectUsb support for people that want to power the G19s display direct instead of using the Logitech software. Untested!

I have emailed the logs and set the logging to verbose for the app. Thanks!
The latest beta version should fix your issue shroom. I hope. Because you are not uploading your exploration scans to EDSM, there was no info to display. I made changes that the orrery now also is fed from the Scan events in game so you should be able to see something while playing :)

No crash for me yet. Thanks for the update. I still love this app and now have it on two flanking 27 inch monitors. Orrery on the right and status on the right. The one thing I would appreciate is the ability to "snap" the windows to fit half of each...that would be awesome.

Getting a crash about an hour or two in game. Was a dirty install so will try a fresh one, and let you know if that changes anything.
If it happens again, try sending me the log.txt file you can find in C:\Users\TheMindBuddah\AppData\Roaming\EliteG19s, it can help to give a bit more info on why the crash happened (and hopefully to find a way to prevent it from happening again!).

No crash for me yet. Thanks for the update. I still love this app and now have it on two flanking 27 inch monitors. Orrery on the right and status on the right. The one thing I would appreciate is the ability to "snap" the windows to fit half of each...that would be awesome.

That is actually a very good idea, Dahill. Let's see what I can do about it!

Might be down to EDSM being down!

Elite G19s Companion, version 3.7.7403.31771
Windows version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
Startup time: 2020-04-10T15:34:13.7188000+01:00

14:34:39.624 - Warning: Timeout expired for https://www.edsm.net/api-v1/system?showId=1&showCoordinates=1&showInformation=1&systemName=Borann
14:34:39.624 - Warning: Exception caught for https://www.edsm.net/api-v1/system?showId=1&showCoordinates=1&showInformation=1&systemName=Borann: Timeout expired for https://www.edsm.net/api-v1/system?showId=1&showCoordinates=1&showInformation=1&systemName=Borann

14:39:14.259 - Error: Unknown error uploading journal entry to EDSM: Unable to connect to the remote server
14:39:35.263 - Error: Unknown error uploading journal entry to EDSM: Unable to connect to the remote server

Attachments

• log.txt
    12.7 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Thanks TheMindBuddah, thanks to your log I managed to find a couple issues to fix. Also, thanks to people on Discord I added in some new things for the FleetCarrier update.
And for Dahill, the system tray menu (the little icon you see in the notification area) has been extended to create a 2 way or 4 way split on a single monitor.
Download link remains the same: https://apps.magicmau.nl/Beta/EliteG19s-latest.msi, you will just get a newer version :)

Can confirm, its seems to happen when i jump to a system, cashing as i jump into witch space (Hope that helps!)

Attachments

• log.txt
    10.7 KB · Views: 177
Thanks MagicMau

Sorry for all the trouble, but your software is as vital to Elite as Voice Attack!

Your the reason i picked up an old G19, G15 and G13 keyboards! lol

Really appreciate your time on this MagicMau and will get back to you the results

Top Bottom