Engineers Engineering Database And Calculator [Engineers Update]

... or put a huge disclaimer that this is for C-rated modules :\

^this.

The database was a pain in the ass to put in place, update and manage, added that some of us are also working on a web-based tool (so, json DBs, new formatting, etc etc), so the core people that worked on this just couldn't do it 5 times in a row :D

Regardless of that, I'm VERY doubting it but if some people are willing to compile screenshots for A, B, D and E ratings, PM me some .rar correctly named, so I can create new databases.
Take note that I will discard those whose files aren't named comprehensively.

Bear in mind that they would be list-like on a spreadsheet, no viewer or any cool feature tho as it would be a pure loss of time regarding the web-app in the making. The latter could use them tho if it's not too much of a pain to manage.

EfilOne o7

Last edited:
Regardless of that, I'm VERY doubting it but if some people are willing to compile screenshots for A, B, D and E ratings, PM me some .rar correctly named, so I can create new databases.
Take note that I will discard those whose files aren't named comprehensively.

Posting CMDR/forum user has given a album link with all ratings at all Grades (1-5) in (for me) full nice order!
>To verify for all and give a enhanced basis for your work here a complete imgur album of the shield booster blueprints:
>http://imgur.com/a/VQTct
>No clue why imgur dont like the "0E" Grade 1. For the database: boost 0-156% , 100-50% mass penalty, integrity 0-2, power 4-0

It show me "4 views". So no one really care about this ...

[All typos copyrighted!]
My notes (sorry, I'm an old txt file fan): Grade / typ / max. possible % plus -> resulting max shield boost per module (stack possible)
1 0E 156 ->10,2
2 0E 312 ->16,4
3 0E 469 ->22,7
4 0E 625 ->29
5 0E 780 ->35,2

1 0D 81 ->14,4
2 0D 162->20,9
3 0D 242->27,3
4 0D 324->33,9
5 0D 404->40,3

1 0C 56 ->18,7
2 0C 112->25,4
3 0C 168->32,1
4 0C 225->39
5 0C 279->45,4

1 0B 43 ->22,8
2 0B 87 ->29,9
3 0B 130 ->36,8
4 0B 175 ->44
5 0B 218 ->50,8

1 0A 35 ->27
2 0A 72 ->34,4
3 0A 109->41,8
4 0A 143->48,6
5 0A 179 (example pic fits: 20% + 179% in that very special Frontier algo (20+35,8) = near 56% most possible shield boost)

Power and mass penalty (in added % !!!) seems always the same as seen before.
Thanks for all the hard work.
Enjoy the ride!

Last edited:
Quick Question guys. Can anyone who knows the planet that selene jean is on,
Didi vaterman is on, and lei cheung is on, let me know. I have an idea

I have found Palin before getting Marco.
Yea i only had the sirius permit from back in the day when i did sothis/robigo
missions. right about after the sothis CG. the permit was the furthest i got to
unlocking marco, and i had it since before engineers.
So basically i have the requirements for meeting didi & Lei but not selene.
I want to go buzz the planet, see if i have met some alternative way of meeting
the engineers or find out more info

i have a secondary account, almost no play time on it & only 4 or 5 at tops.
Who i am willing to add to this shindig, in order to find the info out. So i would
like help so we can get it onto inara if people want it there

Who i am willing to add to this shindig, in order to find the info out. So i would

There's something called an Original Post ;)

Huh?

For some reason I feel like the proper response to this post is "Dude, where's my car?"....

Hi !
I made a new version of the offline spreadsheet, based on the future values for blueprints given here : https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/275605-Engineers-Blueprints-Materials-Update

Please find this new version : http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=79185175256376227891
But seriously, considering the quality of the source (plenty of errors and misses), this version is quite unreliable ... :(
It can be anyway a good base (due to the many corrections I already did) to update your databases !

Last edited:
Hi there,

*Awesome* resource - much kudos!

Sorry if this has already been posted but I don't have the time to look through 29 pages of comments! You can access Liz Ryder by gaining Cordial rep with Eurybia Blue Mafia and completing an Engineer Invitation Mission.

Hi there,

*Awesome* resource - much kudos!

Sorry if this has already been posted but I don't have the time to look through 29 pages of comments! You can access Liz Ryder by gaining Cordial rep with Eurybia Blue Mafia and completing an Engineer Invitation Mission.

You don't need to read through 29 pages if you've seen the sheet :p It's been known quite a while lol

Was anyone keeping track of which Level 5 mods had a change to their max value?

An example is the FSD range increase in max from 44 to 50.

I realize keeping track, or noting, changes to all the ranges (if any) from 2.1.05 patch would be tedious, but is there a way to note which Level 5 ones changed in the spreadsheet and/or Inara?

I'm asking because the FSD change is worth going back to re-do the roll, and I'm not sure what other mods fall in the same boat.

Was anyone keeping track of which Level 5 mods had a change to their max value?

An example is the FSD range increase in max from 44 to 50.

I realize keeping track, or noting, changes to all the ranges (if any) from 2.1.05 patch would be tedious, but is there a way to note which Level 5 ones changed in the spreadsheet and/or Inara?

I'm asking because the FSD change is worth going back to re-do the roll, and I'm not sure what other mods fall in the same boat.

Can't answer you, since I'm 50k from the bubble and not likely to see any Engie before a year or so.

I can only hope people will send me updated values.

a data point for Bris Dekker:
- she takes bounty vouchers too, not just combat bonds
- ~1,4M bounty voucher raises rank from level 1 to level 4 / 1%
- ~720k vouchers from level 4 / 1% to level 4 / 16%
- there is a couple of high RES very close, very easy to level her up, no need to bring commodities

Something to fix:

Selene Jean's modification, called "Heavy Duty Armor" is shown on Inara, with all affected stats, except Mass. It needs to be fixed, because Heavy Duty Armor significantly increases armor weight.

Care to share a screenshot? Because on mine, on every grade Mass stays at 0. Could be a glitch, cause displaying the stat in then useless...

just came here for that. it is very simply - you won't see the mass multiplier, if you go there in a ship with the (standard) lightweight bulkheads, because mass of that is zero; but if you go with reinforced bulkheads, or military, you'll see the multiplier. can#t do it, because i'm at jaques - but wanted to use the database to decide, whether my DBS with military bulkheads and lightweight mod is better, than modding reinforced bulkheads with heavy duty....

I get an error message when opening the downloaded excel sheet, both in Excel 2013 and 2016. The message says "We found a problem with some content in 'Elite Dangerous_Engineering Database v7 REVISED 2.1.xlsx'. Do you want us to try to recover as much as we can?If you trust the source of this workbook, click Yes."

When clicking Yes, excel manages to open the document, but removes some formulas so that the sheet doesn't work properly. Has somebody else seen this, and know how to avoid it?

I get an error message when opening the downloaded excel sheet, both in Excel 2013 and 2016. The message says "We found a problem with some content in 'Elite Dangerous_Engineering Database v7 REVISED 2.1.xlsx'. Do you want us to try to recover as much as we can?If you trust the source of this workbook, click Yes."

When clicking Yes, excel manages to open the document, but removes some formulas so that the sheet doesn't work properly. Has somebody else seen this, and know how to avoid it?

It's not designed for excel, and even if you download it in .xls some things won't work. That being said, if you happen to download an incomplete file, i can only imagine an issue between the Google server and your pc. Try again later maybe.

Top Bottom