COMPLETED CG Enhanced Missile Rack Initiative (Mining)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I don't know what's wrong with me (is it tuesday?) - but everyday I can see something what I would like to change in this game. :)
For example, this is mining CG - why not give mining reward? Double engineered Prospector LC, but not lightweight, reinforced, shielded (what is useless)
but range, speed, yield, capacity engineering?
And if many players have lot of Credits, why to not give them chance to buy materials? Obviously the value of G5 materials is 400.000 Cr. It would also be useful
for commanders who needs credits to earn something.
Why Fdev are so stingy?

From Inara

PROGRESS: Tier 3/5
CONTRIBUTORS: 4,769
CONTRIBUTIONS: 1,640,402/3,200,000 (51%)
TIME LEFT: 1D 16H 38M
LAST UPDATE: 09 Feb 2021, 2:21pm (Tuesday)

TIERCONTRIBUTIONSREWARD
Top 10 CMDRs~ 3,059 to 8,65648,000,000 Cr
Top 10%~ 778 to 3,05830,000,000 Cr
Top 25%~ 441 to 77718,000,000 Cr
Top 50%~ 219 to 44012,000,000 Cr
Top 75%~ 87 to 2186,000,000 Cr
Top 100%~ 1 to 86600,000 Cr
My CONTRIBUTION: 820

I don't know what's wrong with me (is it tuesday?) - but everyday I can see something what I would like to change in this game. :)
For example, this is mining CG - why not give mining reward? Double engineered Prospector LC, but not lightweight, reinforced, shielded (what is useless)
but range, speed, yield, capacity engineering?
And if many players have lot of Credits, why to not give them chance to buy materials? Obviously the value of G5 materials is 400.000 Cr. It would also be useful
for commanders who needs credits to earn something.
Why Fdev are so stingy?
Larger refinery, how about a 5A 20 bin job, then 1 general mining ship would be a possibility:)

The ability to cross trade mats would be very useful, raws I am full of, but man and encoded are hard to get unless I come back into civilisation.

My final run for the CG from here...
Etyw3xyXUAEkj-K

Screenshot_2021-02-09 Mining Analyzer.png
Final delivery from Haz res hotspot site at that location ...
Etyw23IXEAQdgVs

Etyw2V1WYAQsz8m
Done for this CG...

Last edited:
Tier 3 done.
Guess that's it
I am hoping that some of the other carrier owners that are around the system have some stock and are holding out for a mad rush at the end.

Still mining but have also got work to do, hopefully will be able too up my count a bit more:)

@Kietrax

Can I ask for greater clarity in the wording of the CGs please, as I believe the current one was poorly defined.

The materials are not available to buy in a station, therefore however I acquire them, they were mined. "Mined" is all it asks, not by whom, so should still be valid and credited as materials if you have them.

It's an open world game with a "play it your way" ethos.

That could be buying from a fleet carrier (as I did), mining it personally, or piracy. It all fits the "ethos".

It took me 4 days after submitting a bug report (which wasn't actioned upon) to look elsewhere (Reddit) for answers, only to be pointed to a website elsewhere and told I was wrong in my interpretation of the wording.

The definitive interpretation should be in-game and unambiguous.

As it stands, it's probably too late for me to participate now unfortunately, and I know other players had the same issue for this CG.

I'm less worried about the financial cost of the materials (which I was willing to bear) as I am about the injustice that I wasn't credited for the materials I "legally" acquired within the game without trying to take advantage of a loophole, as I was accused of on Reddit.

Thanks for your time.

The definitive interpretation should be in-game and unambiguous.

Mining means mining.
If you buy it, it is trading.

As it stands, it's probably too late for me to participate now unfortunately, and I know other players had the same issue for this CG.

In the triple bromelite hotspot you can easily get 300t in less than 90 minutes
Or you can try a haz res in a bromelite hotspot.

So no, it's not too late.
I've already contributed like 1000 tons on 2 accounts, and i will do another 300-500t on the third account, probably this evening or tomorrow evening.

It would only take ~4 hours of RNG mining in the correctly built ship to get over 1000 tons to be in top 10%...
To get the Missile rack for free it only takes ~ 30mins of RNG mining... as you only need to get over the 75% target line of users

https://edsy.org/s/v8Qb5Iw Over kill Haz res cutter build...

@phoe
This 1.5 hour session I mined and handed in 180 tonnes of Bromellite from a single hotspot in Ibor using an Anaconda with over a day to go getting into the top 50% should be easy as I am a slow miner and there are much better yielding locations.
So you have plenty of time left even after reading the multiple clarifications of what mined means previously posted in this thread and others.

Luckily it was - 5 days ago :)
It didn't say you had to mine it yourself, only that it had to be mined. Since it's something you get in stations, it has to be mined by someone, at some point, but once it's mined it's the same commodity however you acquire it.

Here's the spot I mentioned during the live stream awhile ago. Happy Hunting! 😎

Attachments

• IMG_20210209_110655.jpg
    IMG_20210209_110655.jpg
    710.5 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_20210209_110853.jpg
    IMG_20210209_110853.jpg
    697.3 KB · Views: 88

Flossy

Volunteer Moderator
@Kietrax

Can I ask for greater clarity in the wording of the CGs please, as I believe the current one was poorly defined.
Phoe, the wording of the CGs is provided by Frontier and we (CG Moderators, mainly Kietrax who actually creates the posts) do our best to make sure it makes sense.

The materials are not available to buy in a station, therefore however I acquire them, they were mined. "Mined" is all it asks, not by whom, so should still be valid and credited as materials if you have them.
Although the materials were mined originally, as soon as they are bought from or sold to a Commodities Market they are being 'traded' and therefore lose the 'mined' tag. This usually happens in all Mining CGs, whether or not the materials can be bought, as it gives players who buy rather than mine them an unfair advantage. Mining takes time, whereas buying from a market can be done in seconds - hardly fair to those doing the mining!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom