exploration minigame 6 months later

Which doesn't tell us anything as there could be many reasons why people stopped exploring or even playing the game.

like what?

i just checked and it can't be the fss. if 3305 there is 2019, then 3302 is 2016, it was still 2 years for the abomination. breathe!

That's the Dangerous Discussions I remember!
thumbsup.gif

like what?

i just checked and it can't be the fss. if 3305 there is 2019, then 3302 is 2016, it was still 2 years for the abomination. breathe!
There could be many reasons, such as burn out, wanting to play other games and I'm sure the FSS would be a part of that too. But that's no different to the reason why I gave up exploring with the thought of having to use the abomination of the old style ADS again.

I'm sure there are players that were not exploring before but are now and vice versa.

Breathing helps. I suggest you don't hold it too much.

Last edited:
Or maybe they are not playing the game or exploring for a whole host of different reasons.

Oh absolutely. A whole host of different reasons, none of which have anything to do with the Exploration Update. Any evidence which seems to suggest a correlation between the 3.3 beta/release dates and the drop off in ESDM exploration data entry rates is unrepresentative of the playbase as a whole.

In short:

This-is-Fine.jpg

It's a repository of peoples finds.among other things. It doesn't show everything. I would prefer it if it was a bit more personal myself.
It's weird. I can't work out what the numbers are supposed to be. In terms of discoveries I've always ended up thinking it's clearly too many to be my discoveries but there are surely too few to be everybody's discoveries and...

Oh I dunno. I'll have to just go read the instructions again.

It's weird. I can't work out what the numbers are supposed to be. In terms of discoveries I've always ended up thinking it's clearly too many to be my discoveries but there are surely too few to be everybody's discoveries and...

Oh I dunno. I'll have to just go read the instructions again.

If somebody (anybody) has found a thing, it's 'Reported' (orange). When you find a thing, it becomes 'Confirmed' (blue).

Finding another instance of the thing (in the same Sector) counts for nothing.

This is why 'real' ;) explorers find the Codex to be fundamentally useless. If you want to know how many of a thing you've found, or a record of where you found them all, then you need something like EDSM.

This.

You either like it or you don't. And it's here to stay. So, what's the point really?
It may be here to stay but I ain't, I got board and had a couple of tries to get back into the game but... nah, my interest has waned because ED f'd up on the only stuff I was interested in, I understand that loads love it but as far as I see, many of those are not interested in Exploration most are just after credits they'll never spend and like dogs with lamposts enjoying free tags wherever they may roam... that's why it's been so well received, and no one can convince me otherwise.

If somebody (anybody) has found a thing, it's 'Reported' (orange). When you find a thing, it becomes 'Confirmed' (blue).

This is why 'real' ;) explorers find the Codex to be fundamentally useless. If you want to know how many of a thing you've found, or a record of where you found them all, then you need something like EDSM.

I always wonder why player-made tools are often better than the in-game tools.

Ah. That was what I missed: "the same sector". Sorry if that was obvious - I must admit I didn't put a lot of effort into figuring it out - but yeah, that probably accounts for the weird numbers.

And before someone posts a screenshot of the Codex screen with the probably massive text across the top clearly saying '...IN THE SAME SECTOR NIHILA YOU DUMB COW', I tol' you I didn't put much effort in. 😋

Thanks. Still gonna use EDSM though.

Top Bottom