Fdev states scorpion is not available for consoles yet galnet news thinks otherwise

Probably a good time to consider that companies are never your friend.
Very true...thats why people should call them out. I don't care if they like me but i do expectthat they honor their promises and treat us as equals to the PC gamers.
Unfortunately, it doesn't work like that.

It will never work like that.

Speaking frankly here: If you never had an opportunity to exchange money for a product, you've not actually got any stake in it. This is the situation that console players find themselves in.

It sucks, but that is how the world works. We are never "owed" a video game.
Yes again i dont disagree however if they can't fulfil the promises they made for parity between versions or release of a product at all they should be honest and say so. Even business is supposed to have ethics and we are existing customers.

At present they are just stringing the playerbase along. Just tell us one way or the other.

Deleted member 110222

D
Very true...thats why people should call them out. I don't care if they like me but i do expectthat they honor their promises and treat us as equals to the PC gamers.

Yes again i dont disagree however if they can't fulfil the promises they made for parity between versions or release of a product at all they should be honest and say so. Even business is supposed to have ethics.

At present they are just stringing the playerbase along. Just tell us one way or the other.
Now that I do agree with. Ethically, we should have learned more, months ago.

But in reality, people suck. Somewhere there is a decision maker who has decided that they don't want to be transparent, presumably because they have reason to suspect that any news on consoles is currently going to be viewed negatively. "No news is better than bad news" and other such rubbish.

This is probably about money, pure and simple. It's a business we are talking about here, you should not think they have any other motivator behind them. There is a reason that people say money corrupts.

In video games, no news is rarely a good thing. It is usually just an attempt at delaying a devastating (to the players) announcement for as long as possible. Such as we saw with the Mac client some years ago.

This is where we have a responsibility upon ourselves to take a step back and look at what has actually happened. Or not happened, in some cases. This often leads to disappointment but there is a reason I am so pessimistic in life: I tend to be right about my hunches, (across my life in general, not just the video games) as something not going well tends to be far more realistic than something going great. My hunches usually skew towards something going bad.

Almost everyone in this world is out for themselves first-&-foremost, including FD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Galnet = in universe

FD = Out of universe, Game Publisher

Let me present it a different way.

51ORRcgdUCL._SR600%2C315_PIWhiteStrip%2CBottomLeft%2C0%2C35_PIStarRatingFIVE%2CBottomLeft%2C360%2C-6_SR600%2C315_SCLZZZZZZZ_FMpng_BG255%2C255%2C255.jpg

Now that I do agree with. Ethically, we should have learned more months ago.

But in reality, people suck. Somewhere there is a decision maker who has decided that they don't want to be transparent, presumably because they have reason to suspect that any news on consoles is currently going to be viewed negatively. "No news is better than bad news" and other such rubbish.

This is probably about money, pure and simple. It's a business we are talking about here, you should not think they have any other motivator behind them. There is a reason that people say money corrupts.

In video games, no news is rarely a good thing. It is usually just an attempt at delaying a devastating (to the players) announcement for as long as possible. Such as we saw with the Mac client some years ago.

This is where we have a responsibility upon ourselves to take a step back and look at what has actually happened. Or not happened, in some cases. This often leads to disappointment but there is a reason I am so pessimistic in life: I tend to be right about my hunches, (across my life in general, not just the video games) as something not going well tends to be far more realistic than something going great. My hunches usually skew towards something going bad.

Almost everyone in this world is out for themselves first-&-foremost, including FD.
I wholeheartedly agree. Fdev went downhill once they floated the company and became slaves to shareholders. There are many other companies including many game devs that have done or are doing the same. When money becomes their focus quality and their unique spark of what made them great or different goes out of the window. Its not the devs its the higher management that ruin these games.

Last edited:

Deleted member 110222

D
I wholeheartedly agree. Fdev went downhill once they floated the company and became slaves to shareholders. There are many other companies including many game devs that have done or are doing the same. When money becomes their focus quality and their unique spark of what made them great or different goes out of the window. Its not the devs its the higher management that ruin these games.
Precisely.

I'm not mad with the staff themselves. I was literally defending them on the basis of that they are merely human when Odyssey first came out. Much to the ire of some here... Many true colours were revealed that day.

The management? Now they are a different story. They put money before quality. And sadly I see no reason this will change. The devs proper, can only do what they are allowed to as enabled by the nameless suits at the top of FD towers.

Precisely.

I'm not mad with the staff themselves. I was literally defending them on the basis of that they are merely human when Odyssey first came out. Much to the ire of some here... Many true colours were revealed that day.

The management? Now they are a different story. They put money before quality. And sadly I see no reason this will change. The devs proper, can only do what they are allowed to as enabled by the nameless suits at the top of FD towers.
I think we know where and why the decision was made to release odyssey in the state it was in was made. It certainly wasn't the dev's decision.

My annoyance with this situation isnt levied at the frontline fdev employees and devs.

Deleted member 110222

D
I think we know where and why the decision was made to release odyssey in the state it was in was made. It certainly wasn't the dev's decision.

My annoyance with this situation isnt levied at the frontline fdev employees and devs.
Indeed. I'm off the same mind. Alas, it's where we are, and in truth, none of us mere peasant gamers are important enough to be heard by those who actually can change the course things are headed.

I think what 'stings' is that the second SRV in seven years isn't available to Horizons owners - console or otherwise - the expansion pack dedicated to ground based exploration via the SRV. In fact, if we gather up "all of the stuff" that was released just for Horizons...much like EDO, there's a strong argument its starting price tag wasn't remotely fair or reasonable. But, you know, sell the dream first then wake the customer up slowly.

This thing should have come out years ago.
And the next one.
And the one after that.
In Horizons. Along with stable multi-crew.
Which should have come out in the first year.

I'm pinning my hopes on a ship balance pass in 2032. Goodbye magic mass anaconda, hello useful Asp Scout!

Top Bottom